MCU Megathread

Moderators: Apollo the Just, Bomby

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Re: MCU Megathread

Post by CaptHayfever » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:17 pm

^^Deadpool is, as he ever was, a wild card in all of this. As for Quicksilver, they could just...not bring him back. The comics constantly flip-flop on whether Wanda & Pietro even ARE mutants, so the MCU continuity can just say they're not & leave him dead.

^That's a good point. The hatred of powered people on SHIELD/Inhumans, though, is based on public misconceptions that Inhumans are either an invading army or infected by an alien disease. And on Netflix, it seems to be only a fringe minority who think that all powered people somehow caused the invasion of New York.

It might be wise to tone things down a little, though. The three-movies-a-year thing is only flying right now because the public (a) has been invested in this story arc for a long time already & (b) understands at least subconsciously that it was done to get the arc finished before certain actors (RDJ, SLJ, Ruffalo) got too old to keep doing action roles. But after this, they're still expecting to post 3 movies a year at least through 2022. Well, what if some of those aren't MCU films? Some could be X-Films instead. (And we don't need an X-Men installment every year, really.)

Also worth noting: This completed merger loosens up restrictions on Runaways; Molly can now openly be called a mutant, & Xavin (who is a Super-Skrull) can show up once they reach that point in the plot.

BTW, the season finale of Cloak & Dagger is this Thursday evening on Freeform (then on Hulu the next morning, which is how I've been watching it). After that, the next concrete release date is Iron Fist S2 on 9/7. And after THAT, the next concrete release date (so far) is Captain Marvel next March.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Re: MCU Megathread

Post by CaptHayfever » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:10 pm

Been a while since any news, but we just got a premiere window for Agents of SHIELD S6: July 2019, so likely right after Far From Home opens.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Return to “Movies, Television, and Animation”