Life Achievement Unlocked: Tales of Symphonia co-op NG+ marathon run through to start 2018 off right

Moderator: X-3

Apollo the Just

Life Achievement Unlocked: Tales of Symphonia co-op NG+ marathon run through to start 2018 off right

Post by Apollo the Just » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:28 pm

I'm so dead inside y'all

Yesterday (New Year's Wve 2017) I went to a friend's house, a friend who I played ToS with quite a few times in high school. We decided to start a NG+ file for the hell of it. He had so much GRADE on his file that the new run had 10x experience and carried over tech usage, which means that on Normal difficulty (especially exploiting co-op and EX skills) we could breeze through the game at a stupidly fast pace. So we decided to just play until we got tired and see how far we could get.

...sometime around midnight we had just blown up the Asgard human ranch and figured we may as well make it to Tethe'alla (I have the entire game practically memorized so when we just spammed through the dialogue and chose the most direct route in dungeons **** flew by). In Tethe'alla we figured we may as well push it another hour or so. Around 4am we were nearing the end of Disk 1 and figured we may as well go to the end of that Disk. And when we got to Disk 2 at around 6-7am, we decided to just go the whole damn hog.

Ended up taking 16 hours. We are all just about dead right now but it was so worth. At the end of the game we were like level 100+ gods ruining everything that stood in our path.

I've never played this game in under like 40 hours because I always grind and sidequest so much, so this feels like an achievement. It was very fun. Okay but now I should probably sleep because I haven't since last year lol

Happy 2018

Edit: I should also specify that we were going for Zelos's ending and we got it without even wasting time on the overworld skits
Last edited by Apollo the Just on Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Re: Life Achievement Unlocked: Tales of Symphonia co-op NG+ marathon run through to start 2018 off right

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:35 pm

woah no sleep yet you have to play through all of tales of symphonia dawn of the new world too first

Apollo the Just

Re: Life Achievement Unlocked: Tales of Symphonia co-op NG+ marathon run through to start 2018 off right

Post by Apollo the Just » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:52 pm

I sure would love to marathon a ToS sequel as well too bad it doesn't have one

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:33 pm

DP:

We are currently discussing what we should do to prepare for next time to reasonably cut our time down to 10-12 hours. (Not stopping to eat delicious turkey might help.) We are half joking but half kind of actually serious.... Is this the gateway into long game speedrunning

X-3

Post by X-3 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:50 pm

Random User

Post by Random User » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:42 pm

Lmfao! Dawn of the New World was my first Tales game.

Marilink
Supermod
Location: What if we die and it turns out God is a big CHICKEN?? What then?!

Post by Marilink » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:03 pm

Speedrun iiiiiiiiittttttttttt

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:29 pm

Marilink wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:03 pm
Speedrun iiiiiiiiittttttttttt
The problem with this is that:

- I was already considering it since I have most of it memorized after a lifetime of replaying it

- doing this impromptu marathon made me realize JUST HOW MUCH OF IT I literally do have completely memorized, and what parts I would hypothetically need to practice to do a speedrun

- actually playing the entire game in one sitting, something I never thought I would actually do, made the possibility of running it something completely tangible; I've already done a blind break-the-ice run so now it's just a matter of getting better at it

....therefore I'm now officially out of reasons NOT to run it, so there goes my free time in 7-12 hour increments at a time depending on how good I eventually get.

time to invest in streaming equipment I suppose 8)

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”