If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

MCU Megathread

Moderators: Bomby, Apollo the Just

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Re: MCU Megathread

Post by CaptHayfever » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 am

The IMAX premiere of Inhumans got reamed. ZERO positive reviews. This is gonna be a slog. (I didn't see it in theaters, since--again--the TV version will be longer.)

Hurricane Irma has temporarily halted production of Ant-Man & the Wasp and Avengers 4 (Marvel Studios does a lot of filming in Georgia), but they'll be back on track soon. Captain Marvel hasn't begun filming yet, so no delays there.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Just recently watched through The Defenders. Maybe I was being punished for not watching Iron Fist, but early on I thought it was just a big frustrating mess. Like two episodes of people being cryptic and trying to set up Mystery Boxes. Doesn't help that the Hand stuff was my least favorite part of DD S2. I always liked the more grounded parts of the Marvel Netflix stuff.

I was also annoyed at how incredulous everyone is about resurrection when they live in the MCU. A Norse god fought aliens in your town. You have your own superpowers. Maybe don't be so dismissive.

It got more watchable later on, but didn't do anything special. I do appreciate the restraint of cutting back the episode total. Luke Cage, DD S2, and JJ could have each used a little tightening up.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:24 am

It might be because of the sheer extremity of resurrection--officially, nobody outside of SHIELD & Sif knows what happened to Coulson--but I agree. (But hey, any opportunity to make fun of Danny is welcome! :) )
That happened twice on AoS, too; arbitrary skepticism about specific powers. In season 1, when tracking "the Clairvoyant", Coulson was wishy-washy about psychic powers existing; the Clairvoyant himself turned out to be a fraud, but soon afterwards two other characters appeared with legitimate clairvoyance. Later, when discussing Lash changing forms, Lincoln was all "but no other Inhuman can do that", & I was all "so? you guys all have different powers anyway! maybe shape-shifting is part of his!"

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:13 pm

New teaser for The Punisher, but still no release date confirmed. Rumors still point towards November.
New teaser for Inhumans, with a massive spoiler for Medusa. Starts airing on TV in 2 Fridays.

[Edit to add: New full trailer for The Punisher went up today. STILL no release date, though.]

Return to “Movies, Television, and Animation”