If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Frustrating parts in good games

Moderator: X-3

Artemis008

Re: Frustrating parts in good games

Post by Artemis008 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Trying to get all 96 exits in Mario World, it's a pain in the ass because it's not 96 paths, but exits. So you can get every path but not every exit, then there's no way to tell which one you don't have outside of memory.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:37 am

^Red levels have two exits, yellow levels have one.

Artemis008

Post by Artemis008 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:50 am

Marilink wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:37 am
^Red levels have two exits, yellow levels have one.
You can still open up both paths without that levels secret exit in a lot of cases.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:03 am

The only instances of that which I can think of are in the Forest of Illusion and in Star Road. Star Road is clearly marked as having 2 exits each, and the Forest Ghost House is really the only other one that would cause any issue.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:45 am

Persona 3: "hey, you know what would be fun? an enemy that has a nonzero chance to insta-kill you in a game where protag dying = game over and you can only save your progress about once every 5-20 floors depending"

Jingle Jangle Kat

Post by Jingle Jangle Kat » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:45 pm

mage dungeons y'all

where your level of success is dependent on what random spells you learn! Only got fire spells? Well, you're probably SOL, buddy! :P
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Cackletta's final form. When you face her, you start at 1 HP for both Mario and Luigi. Cackletta throws random attacks that you have to dodge. Die and you have to restart from your last save, which is always before you fight Bowletta. Bowletta is easy but who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to do this with the final boss? This **** tires you out so bad. You need to have a steel concentration and if you don't feel it for a split second your groove gets thrown off entirely.

Infinite

Post by Infinite » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:56 pm

I recall having to sail to find Triforce pieces in Wind Waker. It felt like a giant length-padder.

Artemis008

Post by Artemis008 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Infinite wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:56 pm
I recall having to sail to find Triforce pieces in Wind Waker. It felt like a giant length-padder.
That's the point where I stopped playing all together, I thought the game was pretty good up until that point but it just didn't seem like it would be worth it.

Also, constantly getting stuck in the walls of Star Light zone while playing Sonic Megamix. Or the lives counter not resetting on game over also in Sonic Megamix. Or the game taking all of your emeralds for no reason yet again in Sonic Megamix. Seriously, I love the game to death. I've beaten it with every character multiple times because it absolutely nailed the level design, physics, music and graphics but these bugs are really, really annoying.

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”