If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

G3ntl3m3n's Chall3ng3 3pisod3 Thr33! (See, it gots 3's where the E's should ought to be.)

Moderator: X-3

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:49 pm

[USER=18320]@Deku Tree[/USER] how's Oracle of Ages sound? Does that count as a JRPG? :p
~ * ~ a true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved ~ * ~

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Oracle of Ages is acceptable. :thumbsup:

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Jeepers. It'd been a while since I turned my PS3 on. Lengthy update. Probably need another when I actually start my game.
boo-----------------------few who look upon his yucky elongated wiggle-hands live to tell the tale

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:33 am

[USER=35827]@Random User[/USER] play BioShock Infinite - I haven't played it myself but I feel many people talk about it/reference it
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:58 am

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1640864, member: 34539"]I'd pick Okami, but TBH the PS3 remake is way better and fairly cheap. The motion controls make parts of that game very frustrating.

So let's go with P5. Way too long for a month unless you play it obsessively, but also absolutely phenomenal.[/QUOTE]

Your points on Okami are moot because I played parts of it years ago at a friend's house and loved the motion controls, and also because I do not intend to purchase the PS3 remake. :p
~ * ~ a true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved ~ * ~

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:45 pm

Started Dishonored! I think I'll have fun and also trouble with this. I also think I was using the bad controller as I kept inching forward for no reason...
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:22 am

Okay, it appears everyone has now been challenged------------if you haven't begun playing yet, by all means feel free to start.

Today is August 12th 2017; that gives us until September 12th to play our games. (No using the Konami Code, you rascals.) Ganbarou!
boo-----------------------few who look upon his yucky elongated wiggle-hands live to tell the tale

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:52 am

aw snap one day before my bday

glglgl
Why must you leave~?

ScottyMcGee

Re: G3ntl3m3n's Chall3ng3 3pisod3 Thr33! (See, it gots 3's where the E's should ought to be.)

Post by ScottyMcGee » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:27 am

This is weird. I could have sworn I replied to this with exclamation at how I didn't start yet.

Random User

Re: G3ntl3m3n's Chall3ng3 3pisod3 Thr33! (See, it gots 3's where the E's should ought to be.)

Post by Random User » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:52 am

^Probably after Shane started porting the forums.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Much like the FFV challenge, I'll get back to Dishonored next week after I stop being distracted by Torneko 8)
Why must you leave~?

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:46 pm

Not sure if it's an issue with NVIDIA compatibility or Windows 10, but I'm running into some major bugs with Mass Effect that I never had on AMD/7. I wasted a ton of time yesterday trying to solve an issue where certain models turned completely black and almost went voxel that was only fixable by completely disabling lighting and then lost 45 minutes of progress when the collision momentarily went out and I got stuck behind a guardrail.

I'd only encountered one major glitch in the 115 hours I'd played of this game before (and that was down to playing below min specs), so it's surprising to see two so close together.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:17 pm

The good news is I haven't abandoned my challenged game in favor of another game like I usually do.

The bad news is that's because I don't yet have a Switch to play Sonic Mania like I so desperately want to, and I still haven't actually played my game.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:15 am

am I the new AJ
Why must you leave~?

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:24 pm

All done.

So, unlike almost all of the other games on that list, Mass Effect wasn't there because I ever had much doubt it was as good as I remembered. It was mostly there because some outlets suggested that Andromeda wasn't actually as much of a step down from the original trilogy as most people thought, and that those games were benefiting from nostalgia. Didn't particularly buy it, but figured I could give it a fair shake since I haven't touched any of them for just over four years.

Anyway, I think the best summary of my conclusion is that, despite claiming that I'd put the rest of the trilogy on my challenge list in sequence, there is absolutely no way I'm waiting that long to keep playing.

Deku Tree

Post by Deku Tree » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:52 am

Probably not going to get to mine this time. Been working overtime day after day, and just want to spend time with the family when I'm not at work.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:13 pm

This is straight up not happening. With losing my friend, then being sick all last week and I had trouble with the game pretty much from the start.
Why must you leave~?

Random User

Post by Random User » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Yeah school starting didn't do my any favors on my end, either. Probably not gonna manage to finish.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Yeah sooooo

I didn't even TOUCH my game.

Neither did I get around to finishing any others on my list. Really close though. Like aggravatingly close. like I'm still stuck on the final form of Cackletta in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. That's like reading a book but you can't get past the last page because suddenly the language changed.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:45 pm

New Round? I'm up for a new round.

However, I'm greatly modifying my list. You see, I plan on finally moving out next year. As a result, I can only carry so many games with me. I plan on leaving at home the games I mostly spent time with as a child or that I bought and played before I was 25. It's this weird thing I'm doing where I'm organizing things from pre-25 years old to post-25 years old. So basically, I'm removing all the video games from my backlog that I will be taking with me when I move out.

N64:
Jet Force Gemini (never beat Mizar)
Hercules the Legendary Journeys
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

GC:
Viewtiful Joe (so goddamn close but the boss rush is hell)

GBA:
Sword of Mana

DS:
Lost Magic (currently playing every now and then)
DragonQuest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Final Fantasy IV
Custom Robo
Phantasy Star 0

Wii:
Xenoblade Chronicles
Arc Rise Fantasia
Metroid: Other M
Kirby's Dream Land 2 and 3 (from Kirby's Dream Collection)

PSP:
Star Ocean: The First Departure
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Ys I & II Collection (before I just put down Ys II but since I left this game alone for so long I want to just replay both games)
Ultimate Ghosts ‘n Goblins
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (Didn't unlock many things or get the true ending - something like that)

PS:
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Chrono Cross

PS2:
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Tales of the Abyss
.hack Infection
Kingdom Hearts
Suikoden IV
Spy Fiction (taking it with me but I had already started it so I may as well finish)
Tak and the Power of Juju

PS3:
Bayonetta (still taking this with me when I move out but it's a relatively quick game to finish compared to everything else I have)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (haha idk wtf is going on in this game anymore)
Star Ocean IV: The Last Hope
Dark Souls
Tales of Xillia
L.A. Noire
White Knight Chronicles (Oh God, but this game is horrendous. I've been thinking about actually selling this.. . .Maybe. I want to finish it but then when I play it, I want to slip into a coma.)

XBox:
Halo 2
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

I am LITERALLY on the verge of finishing Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. By that I mean I'm still stuck on Cackletta's final form.
I am also VERY CLOSE to finishing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. As such, I didn't bother to put those up here.

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”