The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Voiceacting

Moderators: Marilink, Booyakasha

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:36 am

I don't know what you said but I like it and think I agree.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:39 pm

[QUOTE="I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!, post: 1620317, member: 18119"]I don't know what you said but I like it and think I agree.[/QUOTE]
Right, well think of an instrument like a guitar or violin, etc. It makes sounds when the string vibrates, right? So when you pluck the same string again, if it's already vibrating, you interrupt the frequency and your strike mixes with it, it also doesn't start out from a resting position anymore so it will affect the beginning of the sound wave differently. And even if you were striking it from silent again, you wouldn't hear it the same as you will not be hitting that note at exactly the same speed, angle, etc. Even more complex is that in an instrument with an acoustic chamber like an acoustic guitar or a piano cabinet.

When a midi song plays back, normally it is using a single sound sample. It speeds up and slows down that sound sample to change the pitch of it. This affects the starting and ending lengths of a sound, aka the attack, decay & release, and so on unnaturally. It also usually means that you aren't getting any frequency collisions as you would striking a note on a real string immediately after another note strike.

A patient technician and composer can do a few things. One of them, if you're recording individual notes, is to record and use multiple collision/between notes at their appropriate location, so the frequency is starting and mixing from the correct place. It's also important that the note if played on the same string does not sound out past the trigger of the next note in the sequence, as that note should interrupt the previous. And again, the tone of the instrument actually changes depending on the note being played, etc. So it's important to use unique samples for each note. You can still save space and make game music dynamic if you are writing midi triggers, and that means live changes in timing and melody and so on depending on what's currently happening in the game. Obviously, the more pre-recorded and pre-arranged audio you use, the more rigid your sound will be.

I use some software like a professional drum library which mixes fully detailed samples at correct intervals between collisions, etc. There are many such libraries already available for many instruments, and a company like Nintendo could easily build their own.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

nerofire68

Post by nerofire68 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:33 am

This will likely be the first game I get when I do get the Switch. The game is solid and just beautiful to look at. That alone makes it worthy.
From what I heard, the story is also VERY well written so I am keen on playing it thoroughly.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:41 am

it's gonna be gr8

possibly even gr9[DOUBLEPOST=1487911295,1487911264][/DOUBLEPOST]inb4 it's only gr4 sadface

nerofire68

Post by nerofire68 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:42 am

[QUOTE="monstrman, post: 1623012, member: 37253"]it's gonna be gr8

possibly even gr9[/QUOTE]

Grnine? LOL I am not sure how to even say that but I have to agree with you. The game looks solid and easily the one I am most interested in on the Switch.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:43 am

[QUOTE="nerofire68, post: 1623014, member: 40379"]Grnine? LOL I am not sure how to even say that but I have to agree with you. The game looks solid and easily the one I am most interested in on the Switch.[/QUOTE]

It will be the sole reason I purchase a switch. It's been too long since a console Zelda as it is

X-3

Post by X-3 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:54 pm

This game comes out in a week.

Return to “The Legend of Zelda: See That Mountain?”