If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Super Experiment Mafia - MAFIA WIN!!

Where Mafia, the party game, is played with VGF members.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Daos

Post by Daos » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Ben, Sam. I can call you George if you want you still smell.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:44 pm

"WHAT?!?"

(Mod Note: Hahahahahahahaha)

Mafia is Good (4): I am Nobody, The Missing Link, monstrman, Random User

The vote is cast and you all have decided. Despite what they have done to you, Sariel and Asmodeus had a point.

"No..." Ben, however, is not willing to accept it. "You're... we need to explain this better. Do you know what you're voting for?!" "These seven are not the types to vote without thinking about it, Mr. Richards." Sariel explains, "We could have a second or even third vote. But what would that do other than sooth your ego?" Ben turns on his heel and tries to run only for those around him to grab him by his jumpsuit and lift his body over to the iron maiden. "TRAITORS! I WAS DOING WHAT WAS BEST FOR YOU! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS? NONE OF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU! NONE OF YOU!"

It was too late for him as he gets tossed head first into the maiden. "gOoDbYe. We'lL SeE YoU In a mInUtE." Asmodeus tells him. "NO! NO! ...You're all... You're just as bad as they are. You ENJOY killing each other, don't you?!" There is no answer, instead you see Ben trembling in fear of everyone around him as the maiden closes...

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-"

The screaming is stopped by the machine activating. It's only for a moment, though. With a flash of light from the Crystal Judge the deed is done. The doors open to reveal the ashes that were once a person.

BEN RICHARDS IS D E A D

The group stares at the ashes for quite a while before Asmodeus starts to move. He places a card onto the wall behind the maiden and it opens, revealing a set of stairs. "tHiS WaY." He tells you all. Since there's no other course of action, you follow him.
------------------------------------------------------------
The white hallways match the rooms you've seen before, clean and unused... almost. It doesn't seem like you're going to the control room at all. It seems even Sariel is wondering what it is Asmodeus is doing but she says nothing until you stop as a set of steel doors. "hErE We aRe." He tells you and at this point, Sariel clarifies, "We're here? But, don't we need a senior member to-" Asmodeus touches the door with his card causing it to open. "iF We'rE GoInG To bE PaRt oF ThEsE ExPeRiMeNtS ThEn wE MiGhT As wElL AcT LiKe tHeY WoUlD." "We're going to use everything we have, huh? Good." Sariel and Asmodeus lead you into the room filled with bodies frozen in bags. There are a lot of them, but your eyes are soon drawn to the empty bags that are out of place here. They are labeled with your names. "iT WoN'T TaKe lOnG To wAkE ThEm aLl uP. fRoM ThErE We wIlL HaVe tO GeT ClOtHeS FoR AlL Of tHeM AnD GeT YoU AlL OuT Of hErE." Asmodeus moves to a panel on the wall and pokes at it with his tentacles. Sariel walks over to a nearby machine and types "Ben Richards" into it. "We will stay until Ben is reformed. Then we will leave as well... I don't know what will happen after that, but... well, you should have no problem telling the world of what took place here." A slide ejects from the machine allowing Sariel to take it.

"tHeRe. It sHaLl oNlY TaKe a mInUtE." Asmodeus tells you. And as he says the bodies inside the bags wake up and break free from their prisons. One by one they start asking a bunch of questions, some remembering their time as an experiment, and a few not remembering anything at all. But they're all able to understand what "You're free." means.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Once everyone is ready, Sariel and Asmodeus lead the group further down the hallway to a large elevator. "tHiS Is wHeRe wE PaRt." Asmodeus explains "FrOm hErE ThE ElEvAtOr wIlL TaKe yOu oUtSiDe. FoLlOw mY InStRuCtIoNs aNd yOu sHoUlD Be fOuNd... EvEnTuAlLy." "Will we ever see you again?" One of the other subjects asks. "Probably not." Sariel tells this one, "In fact, you may never find who are a clone of either. But if you can at least live... maybe that's what is important. Living after an incident like this is a true test of strength, isn't it?" "tHaT'S StIlL Up fOr dEbAtE." Asmodeus grumbles " rEgArDlEsS, yOu aLl aRe fReE. gOoDbYe aNd mAy tHe sEa bE EvEr pLeNtIfUl." Sariel waits until Asmodeus turns the corner before saying "Saying anything at this point would be a waste of my breath and our time... but I guess that's no different than anything else we've done, isn't it?" She waves her hand towards the elevator, "Do what you will with your lives. If we ever meet again... may it be in better circumstances... Oh that's right! This might help!"

Sariel steps closer... "Our real names are...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[MEDIA=youtube]j9JWZ0mlX94[/MEDIA]

A month has passed since you left that place, and found your way into society. With everything you told the world, the Scientists of Salem were ripped apart by the proper authorities. Many of the employees were arrested including what is believed to be the founder who has been declared insane as he kept saying it was all to appease "the players" whoever they are. Most of you have managed to make a good living for yourselves though occasionally hear of another "Mafia" situation taking place in another place. Luckily you have managed to avoid these situations so far. But it could only be a matter of time.

Will these battles between the Mafias and Town ever end? It's hard to tell. Maybe, someday we will move on from battles of logic, or maybe they will continue to evolve and grow to keep away from stagnation. Like anything else, society changes and shifts. It may accept or deny as it pleases. But... it's up to us to accept or deny anything.

You have not heard anything from Sariel, Asmodeus, or Ben yet, but you are sure that they are alive. And someday you might see each other again. Whether it's in this world or the next... Wait. Next world?

It's at this point you realize.... Octopi are not intelligent enough to run experiments.

"hAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhA."
THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!
[USER=22385]@Heroine of the Dragon[/USER] Make everything public!

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Congratulations, Mafia!! Great play by you both, and well done and thank you, Tazy, for hosting a very interesting game!! *gives you all marshmallows*

ETA: All threads now available!! :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:39 pm

I'm just gonna get right to the point here.

Final Word:

Well... I got what I wanted, I think. Personally, it felt like this game was the hardest to run for some reason. And that's with the two Animal Crossing Mafias I've run in the past. It's crazy, actually because I had to do almost nothing during all of this. Maybe it's because the really small game made me nervous, or that the gimmicks weren't all they cracked up to be. IF there's anything I've learned it's that you can't run a whole game on concepts you've never used before. Another problem is that I'm a lot busier than I was when I did the Animal Crossing Mafias and that made me worry about all my deadlines as well. I'll admit that I don't have the highest opinion of this game but... it was alright? Middle of the road I feel. Or maybe I'm blind and this whole thing is garbage. I don't know I made it I can't tell. :shrug:

P.S. There was no good or bad end to the postgame, just an end. Not that it matter, but you know. ;)

The Future:

I actually have a "not Mafia game" in mind in the future. It's going to be closer to S1x's Impossible Game, though a little more structured around one game type rather then several. Keep an eye out for that.

If I AM making another Mafia game, it's either going to be Animal Crossing Mafia 3 or Something Small. I admit that I have ideas but nothing concrete. I'll get back to you on that.

But until then... I'm enjoying this Mafia break and you can't stop me.

Return to “Mafia Headquarters”