What can you do to help?

VGF related discussion.

Moderators: Heroine of the Dragon, Shane

Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds
Administrator

What can you do to help?

Post by Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:47 am

VGF wants to return to its roots as Video Gamers First. If you want to participate, we're happy to have you on board! We're interested in hearing from anyone who's willing to write articles, reviews, and opinions pieces, create fan-art, sprite-art, comics, and original game art, write video game music remixes or original chip-tunes/game style music, create Let's Play, or other game-related videos, supply game cheats and codes, and pretty much anything else you can think of that suits a video game community!

These changes will take some time to put into place, and all content will need to be approved before it's used, but we want YOU to be involved in VGF. We are the video gaming community. Putting video gamers FIRST means that your input is the cornerstone to our future.

We will have a rotation-system in place, as well as organised "theme" weeks, so everyone will get a chance to feature on the site. This way, we don't have a few specific writers/artist getting burnt out from constant work, and you all get some time in the spotlight. If you want to be a part of this, go ahead and put down your name and let us know what you would like to contribute.
Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:07 am

As I've said before, I can do previews (though I doubt that I'd be able to do much reviews to be honest.), and I have done Top 10s, Versus's, and if you think it'd be allowed, I can move my Character of the Month to the Main Site.

As it stands though, my Top 10s and other stuff is kind of infrequent to be honest, but that's because I have my mind on other stuff. I can still supply my services wherever they're needed. I wouldn't count out videos from me, though because I do have an idea in my head at the moment.

ZeldaGirl

Post by ZeldaGirl » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:30 am

I'd love to contribute articles, opinion pieces, and reviews.

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:39 am

Hmmm does anyone object if I add marshmallow recipes? :cool:

I can do game release dates... and whatever else needs to be done (already discussed with ESSDEE!!)... :D

[Edit: That sounds great, Tazy- your "Character of the Month" would be welcome as far as I am concerned. And infrequent is fine as we hope to have lots of interest and then share it all around so the bulk of the work does not fall upon one person thereby burning them out!!!

And thanks ZEEGEE!!!]

And I need typing lessons... and a grinnie :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Fairlight Excalibur

Post by Fairlight Excalibur » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:02 am

Guess what happens when you combine lots of : with lots of D
Heroine of the Dragon wrote: And I need typing lessons... and a grinnie :D
Typing lessons, I cannot help you there. But...

:D :D :D

EDIT: Only ten images? That is the worst case of epic fail I have encountered in a while. No 90 grinnie explosions I guess.

I can also assist with any form of written material. I have an idea for an ongoing column that will require a little polishing, but should make for interesting reading.

Jailbreaker

Post by Jailbreaker » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:24 am

I could talk about game design on occasion.

Validecember
Supermod

Post by Validecember » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:30 am

I already posted it in one of the other threads, but I can contribute with articles, artwork, LPs, or whatever else I can get done in my spare time.

Auron

Post by Auron » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm open to the idea of contributing stuff, but I'm not quite sure I'd be up for doing it on a frequent basis with all the work I have to do and the sudden changes in my motivation level.

LOOT
Banned

Post by LOOT » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Well, I can make a mean ham, and boy can I cook instant mashed potatoes or wha-

Oh, for the site. Well, I can make a mean ham...

Marilincarnation
Supermod
Location: What if we die and it turns out God is a big CHICKEN?? What then?!

Post by Marilincarnation » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:21 pm

I'd love to write anything you guys need written. Articles, opinions, reviews, whatever. I'm really excited about getting more activity and generating more interest in the site.
Carthago delendum est

HarkZero
Supporter

Post by HarkZero » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:11 pm

I haz sprites and chiptunes.
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!

Post by I REALLY HATE PRESENTS! » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:42 pm

I think that being involved would be fun, but all I could really contribute would be some previews...

Crazyswordsman

Post by Crazyswordsman » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:58 pm

I can review some classic RPGs. Consider this compensation for the loss of the RPG forum. -CSM

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:09 am

I'd love to be in the rotation for columns.
I'm not in a financial situation to be doing reviews (at least not current reviews), but I can do opinion pieces, analyses, features, or whatever along those lines you're looking for. :)

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Told AI that I was game for music related stuff and reviews, reiterating that here.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

ZeldaGirl

Post by ZeldaGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:20 pm

^I think it'd be cool if, combining the music and video game aspects, if we had a piece of music that was 'of the week' someone writes a review/piece about that music, why it was chosen, it's merits, etc. Keeps with the themes of video games nicely.

I'd love to be in the rotation for columns.
I'm not in a financial situation to be doing reviews (at least not current reviews), but I can do opinion pieces, analyses, features, or whatever along those lines you're looking for. :)
In this same boat, Cap'n. But, I personally would enjoy writing more pieces about abstract concepts, or opinion pieces that generate discussion (i.e. Are games art?).

Perhaps we could also have some sort of differing viewpoints section, including two articles on the same topic with different viewpoints (pro/con, for/against). Just a suggestion.

Auron

Post by Auron » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:26 pm

ZeldaGirl wrote:In this same boat, Cap'n. But, I personally would enjoy writing more pieces about abstract concepts, or opinion pieces that generate discussion (i.e. Are games art?).
I think it'd be cool to throw in a piece about the music of video games every now and then too, whether it's a review about a specific game or something along the lines of 'Are games Art?' chronicling the advancement of game soundtracks into a complete art form in itself.

ZeldaGirl

Post by ZeldaGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:37 pm

I think the concept of "are games art" is a theme that has a lot of potential in general, going outside of just music, but to art, story/writing, and even game design itself.

Auron

Post by Auron » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:46 pm

I know it's a huge concept relating to everything that has to do with video games, I was just thinking music because that's an area that I might be interested in covering, although I am completely lacking in a general education about music itself. I just like listening to the stuff.

ZeldaGirl

Post by ZeldaGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 pm

Gotcha. And me too. :p

Return to “VGF Site Discussion”