If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Super Experiment Mafia - MAFIA WIN!!

Where Mafia, the party game, is played with VGF members.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Erniewan

Post by Erniewan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:51 pm

Who called it? At least I hit only mafia this game, even if it didn't help.

Shad

Post by Shad » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:50 pm

/shrug I thought monstr was the scummiest player but that pity peek claim was hard to swallow.

IAN had me pretty well fooled all game though.[DOUBLEPOST=1470541823,1470541603][/DOUBLEPOST]So anyway I'm cutting my Mafia play back down to just my home forum for a while until RL gets easier. I might be back here again but it won't be for a few months if so. Been fun playing with y'all. ;)

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:31 am

Gg town[DOUBLEPOST=1470544287,1470544046][/DOUBLEPOST]Once again I walk away with everyone salty that they knew I was scum but didn't lynch me

Monstrman's reign of wolfing terribly and getting away with it continues

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:13 am

Yeah, sorry about that RU, but I didn't really have an out there besides piling on how crazily imbalanced that peek was. If life gives you lemons, deny the lemons and claim conspiracy, etc. >_>

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:13 am

I have no idea what the hell happened.

And to be real honest, given that I have played two Mafia games elseforum during the span of this game, well, I kind of forgot that this was going on?
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Random User

Post by Random User » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:44 am

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1604358, member: 34539"]Yeah, sorry about that RU, but I didn't really have an out there besides piling on how crazily imbalanced that peek was. If life gives you lemons, deny the lemons and claim conspiracy, etc. >_>[/QUOTE]
No hard feelings, it was a good play.

Erniewan

Post by Erniewan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 am

IAN didn't fool me, but he was very logical and calm throughout, hard to argue against. Good job with that at least. Monstr I had as Town at first, but that changed after Shad convinced me not to lynch him. But since I failed to stop either of them with my ability, I kinda lost any leverage.

Random User

Post by Random User » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Oh, I am still very curious. Who indeed was swapped? I had theorized it was Shad and monstr, but couldn't be for sure.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Ernie and IAN and it was pointless to do it but w/e we won[DOUBLEPOST=1470591442,1470591230][/DOUBLEPOST]We were told it would be a public bus drive so we thought names would be named and a drive would be outed so we thought it would spew ian as a villager because it would look like someone wanted to take a shot against him and even after tazy clarified "no it doesn't work like that dumb faces" we kinda just went ahead and did it anyway ignoring tazy's warning and ultimately wasting our bus driver that the entire town wrote off as unimportant

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:33 pm

[QUOTE="The Missing Link, post: 1604363, member: 19860"]I have no idea what the hell happened.

And to be real honest, given that I have played two Mafia games elseforum during the span of this game, well, I kind of forgot that this was going on?[/QUOTE]

Where else do you play out of curiosity?

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:39 pm

At the moment, Zelda Universe. However, they have a very different format as days and nights are each 24 hours. It means it's very high commitment and takes over your life, but the games do go by relatively quickly!

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:47 pm

TML you're fun to play with. You try hard, make sense, and you're tough to lynch.

Also

[QUOTE="The Missing Link, post: 1604401, member: 19860"]At the moment, Zelda Universe. However, they have a very different format as days and nights are each 24 hours. It means it's very high commitment and takes over your life, but the games do go by relatively quickly![/QUOTE]

Ye I play 12/12 phase games at mafia universe so it quite literally absorbs you but it's fun that way and games are over in a week[DOUBLEPOST=1470610052,1470610011][/DOUBLEPOST]You're all fun to play with everyone scared me at certain points through the game

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:50 pm

[QUOTE="monstrman, post: 1604402, member: 37253"]TML you're fun to play with. You try hard, make sense, and you're tough to lynch.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Mafia is fun, and I like to say I work really hard on both sides. Haven't been on the Mafia side of the equation in a while, so I'm eager to see one day if my Mafioso skills are still up to scratch.

Erniewan

Post by Erniewan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:38 pm

I'm probably gonna take a hiatus from Mafia games, especially since school is starting up at the end of August and I will be much busier. Maybe after a while I'll get back the enthusiasm to play again, but we'll see. Now y'all know that lack of vim doesn't mean someone is mafia. And now I know to trust my instincts.

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:36 am

POSTGAME:

It's takes a few hours... in fact it feels like forever before a door reveals itself to you all. One at a time each of you follow Ben into the next room. It's no different then the one you were in already though the iron maiden is in mint condition and there's no holes in any of the walls. The Crystal Judge sits atop the Maiden like it did in the last room. What's also in this room are Heroine of the Dragon and Raocow... or really The Missing Link and Daos? You forgot in all the commotion? With them are two in scientist garb, one a professional young woman and the other... a creature similar in appearance to an octopus. But he has a lab coat on, so it's... okay?

"So." The woman you know as Sariel exclaims, "Let us say a few things before we start." Ben inturrupts her by asking "Who are you?" but she tells him "Unimportant... What is important is who you really are. That is, you are all clones." She points to Daos, "You remember seeing Daos die, and The Missing Link was a corpse if you remember. Both were recreated with their memories of this experiment intact... You may remember signing up for this program and then waking up here, but in truth you were created from blood samples and given memories of different people. Your psyches... they're unrecoverable." "And that's your fault!" Ben shouts, "You and your experiments end here once and for all. No one will be a "Mafia" ever again!"

Sariel and the creature known as Asmodeus glance at one another. "yOu aLl... YoU WaNt tO Be fReE, cOrReCt?" Free? You think about it for a while. You may know life beyond this room, but your body has never experienced it... Yeah. You'd like to be free. "iT'S A SiMpLe rEqUeSt." "Yeah. We're going to be free." Ben tells him. "Once we're done with you-"

"No." Sariel explains. "Those that competed in this experiment alone... we will free them. It's very rare that we do this, but it's what we must do once we're completely done with a subject's DNA. This may be the first time this has happened to be honest.... but not you, Ben Richards." Ben is confused. "yOu'rE A MuRdErEr, BeN. tHe tWo yOu kIlLeD WeRe fElLoW ReSeArChErS AnD LiViNg cReAtUrEs. ThE TwO MaFiA MeMbErS WeRe fOrCeD To kIlL By tHiS GaMe. YoU DiD It iNtEnTiOnAlLy." "You're passing judgement on me?!" Ben shouts again. "Yes. We are." Sariel smiles in satisfaction.

"I'M a murderer?!" Ben begins to rant, "What about you?! What about ALL of you? You act like killing your fellow man is some sort of necessity. But it's SICK! You're all sick! Justifying the slow agonizing deaths of others to gain "information"? What separates a group of people that lynch their fellows from a group of murderers? Nothing! Townies and Mafia are one in the same! The exact same! These Mafia games encourage murder as a logical conclusion other than the twisted sick thoughts they really are. You all see what they made you do?! Kill those you had a bond with! Betray your own to pursue "logical conclusions"... There is only one thing I can take from all this and that's MAFIA IS BAD."

"Bad...?"

Sariel shakes her head.

"That... is where you're wrong." Sariel tells Ben, "These deliberations merely prove who is smarter than the other. They are not circles of murder and wickedness. It is the natural progression of how we handle conflict as a species. Back in the day we would punch each other again and again in increasingly complicated ways until one side fumbled onto their face. There would be wars fought to obtain materials, creatures manipulated into slavery in an economy that was always changing... This is progression. A time may come when these games end and we will move on to a different way to resolve our conflict. It's not always pretty but even a game of poker turns deadly when the stakes are raised high enough. In the end, people will kill. Why can't we level the playing field and give everyone, even those too weak to fight for themselves, a chance to face their fears and prove who is really better. The only logical conclusion to take from all of this is not that it is bad but that MAFIA IS GOOD."

"If you keep trying to sell me lies I'm going to trade my fist in for most of your teeth!" Ben threatens Sariel. "eNoUgH!" Asmodeus shouts Ben down... or at least I think he shouts. "wE WiLl nOt lEt yOu gO AnD ThE CrYsTaL JuDgE WiLl kIlL AnYoNe wHo aTtEmPtS ViOlEnCe uPoN Us. YoU'Re sTuCk uNtIl yOu pLaY OnE. lAsT. gAmE." "And what game is that?" One of you asks.

"wElL... i dOn't sEe wHy wE DoN'T CoNtInUe tHiS CoNvErSaTiOn? HoW AbOuT ThE SeVeN Of yOu vOtE? iS MaFiA BaD... oR GoOd? It's a sImPlE QuEsTiOn. YoU CaN ChOoSe tO FiGuRe tHiS OuT HoWeVeR YoU WiSh bUt iN ThE EnD YoU WiLl hAvE To rEaCh a mAjOrItY BeTwEeN YoU AlL. iF YoU AlL DeCiDe tHaT MaFiA Is gOoD ThEn bEn rIcHaRdS WiLl bE ExEcUtEd aNd yOu wIlL Be lEt gO."

"And what if Mafia is bad?" Ben asks. "...ThEn... YoU WiLl bE AlLoWeD To eXeCuTe tHe bOtH Of uS." Sariel continues though she is wavering far more than she was before, "And... we have left the door to the control room open. You can end our organization forever as you wish before you leave. However! Ben can't vote and neither can we or the Crystal Judge. The seven that were part of this experiment will have to be the ones to pass judgement."

Daos and The Missing Link join the five that up until now were merely bystanders now turned judge and jury. The maiden would become the executioner... but for who?

"aNd dO HuRrY." Asmodeus breaks the tension, "tHe dOoRs aRe oNlY UnLoCkEd fOr sO LoNg. If tHe mAiDeN IsN'T UsEd sOoN ThEy wIlL ShUt fOrEvEr aNd i'lL GeT To wAtCh yOu aLl sTaRvE To dEaTh bEfOrE I MySeLf eNtEr mY FiNaL DrEaM."

One last deliberation between everyone. Who lives, who dies? Who's right, who's wrong? ...What is your choice?

[MEDIA=youtube]kG7ReyPwjAU[/MEDIA]

POSTGAME RULES:

1. You can only vote for two options. "Mafia is Good" or "Mafia is Bad". If "Mafia is Good" gains majority vote, Ben Richards will be executed. If "Mafia is Bad" gains majority vote then Sariel and Asmodeus will be executed.

2. You may ask Sariel, Asmodeus, or Ben Richards as many questions as you wish about their stances or... anything really. They will answer as quickly as they can.

3. You must come to a decision within five real life days. Failure results in the facility locking down condemning everyone to slow starvation.

4. No abilities will be allowed for use during the postgame.

With seven players it takes four votes to lynch.

Our fates are sealed on August 13th, 10:00 P.M.

Players:
1. Daos
2. The Missing Link
3. Random User
4. Erniewan
5. Shad
6. monstrman
7. I am Nobody

Shad

Post by Shad » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:54 pm

>_>

<_<

Vote: monstr

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:18 pm

KILL ASMODEUS AND SARIEL[DOUBLEPOST=1470680326,1470680294][/DOUBLEPOST][QUOTE="Shad, post: 1604473, member: 40254"]>_>

<_<

Vote: monstr[/QUOTE]

Someone is mad

Random User

Post by Random User » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Asmodeous: Do yes or no?

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:46 pm

"yEs." says Asmodeus.

"You... understood that?" Sariel asks.

"wHaT? yOu dOn't?"

"I do not."

Ben rolls his eyes but doesn't say anything.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Sariel: why shouldn't I kill you and Asmo bro here?

Return to “Mafia Headquarters”