If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Super Experiment Mafia - MAFIA WIN!!

Where Mafia, the party game, is played with VGF members.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Super Experiment Mafia - MAFIA WIN!!

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:29 am

You wake up in the darkness, not sure of anything but the cold floor underneath you. You try to speak but nothing comes out. You hear someone speak.

"Yes. Hello. Is this thing on? ...Well, it doesn't matter. Before we start we should lay down the rules before we tell you what's really happening right now. After all it's much more important.

1. There will be two "phases" to your life here. There is the "Day Phase" where you will talk to one another and try to find out who is suspicious. Anyone who is aligned to the Townie persuasion must find Mafia members and eliminate them, while the Mafia must avoid getting eliminated and get the townies to make mistakes as often as possible. The Day phase usually lasts 5 real-life days after which the "Night Phase" will begin. Once the day phase is over, no one is to make any further posts until the next Day Phase.

2. If you believe that a certain person is Mafia, than it is recommended that you vote for them. Votes are not valid unless the vote is in bold (ex: Vote: Aburada Kaburada). You can only have one vote at a time. If you attempt to vote for two people, the second vote will be ignored. If you want to change votes, you must first unvote (ex: Unvote: Aburada Kaburada) and then vote for the next person. Usually it will take half of the players in the game currently to “exile” someone. Once someone has gotten enough votes, they are lynched and no longer allowed to take part in the game (one goodbye post is allowed but not required), then the day ends and goes into Night. You can also cast an FoS (Finger of Suspicion) on someone. This shows that you are suspicious of someone, but have reason not to vote for them. It works like a Vote in that you must bold your statement for it to count (Ex: FoS: Shiomaki). You can also Un-FoS someone, but unlike Votes, you can FoS as many people as you want.

3. During the Night Phase, it's recommended that you use your Night Action. Unless your role says to do otherwise you should spend the Night Phase choosing how to use your ability if you have one. It is a time of contemplation so we recommend you don't throw it away. Though using your discretion is also very important.

4. A "Gimmick" for the day will be announced at day's start. Some may make sense while some don't. Some may even demand player input first. Just do as it says and you will be fine.

5. Do not edit your post. Depending on the severity, you may only get a warning, or lose the ability to use your night action tonight.

6. Directly Quoting the PM, depending on the severity, will have anything from losing one's night action for the next Night Phase, to modkill.

7. Talking to anyone about the game’s workings outside of it, if you are caught, will result in immediate Modkill. No exceptions, including Game-Ending Ones.

8. Any questions concerning your role should be asked to us in PM only. Understand, however, that this does not mean we need to give you the answer you want.

Thank you for listening. Now... once your vocal chords start working please let us know and the computer will record your voices for storage. Once most of you have spoken we will begin explaining what you are doing here."

The voice goes silent.

Once everyone confirms their Role PM the game "m i g h t" begin.

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:39 am

:D
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Random User

Post by Random User » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:03 am

Role confirm.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Daos

Post by Daos » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:19 pm

I have my role.

What does it mean when it says I have 6 night kills a night?

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:06 am

Wheeeee

Erniewan

Post by Erniewan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:52 pm

:rotfl: Role'd.

Shad

Post by Shad » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:16 pm

Got it

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:45 am

Once everyone regained their voices and spoke... The lights turned on.

The seven here are standing a brightly lit room, pure white tiles from the floors to the walls and a large window closer to the ceiling than the floor with two obscured figures standing in front of it. One is a couple of feet shorter and much wider than the other. It all feels like an experiment is being conducted... but then there's the iron maiden sitting against the wall opposite of the window. The object was large enough to fit a body although the head was not human: It was a TV screen with a propeller situated on it. How did it get here... How did YOU get here? There are no doors, no sections of wall that appear to be removable. It doesn't make any sense, does it?

"Finally. Everything is working as they should be. That malfunction better not be a sign of things to come." The deadpan voice you heard earlier speaks up, "If we have another incident like GC-1011, we'll never get any valuable information." "wE HaVe mAdE PrOpEr pReCaUtIoNs tHiS TiMe. ThErE WiLl bE No cHaNcE Of tHeM CaUsInG HaVoC." says another in a tone that sounds rather... alien to you. "...wE HaVe mAdE ThEm wAiT LoNg eNoUgH." "Indeed. Start the recording." The shorter figure moves their arm before one of them starts speaking. "Yes. Welcome. You are all part of an experiment being conducted by the Scientists of Salem. One of many. Each of you have been implanted with memories that should tell you who you are, your abilities and your affiliation. You probably have some idea of what is about to happen next but first we shall introduce ourselves... From now on I am to be referred to as Sariel. My associate shall be called Asmodeus. We shall be monitoring your progress as you simulate a Mafia situation. Your goal is to eliminate the enemy side in phases one at a time until you are the only ones left. Food will be supplied throughout the day and you will be regularly informed of your progress by the Rules Drone. Speaking of.... Activate, by the light of truth." "aCtIvAtE WiTh tHe dArKnEsS Of lIeS!"

The tv screen turns on to reveal a basic depressed looking face with pure black drops coming from its eyes. It speaks, "I'm up... Get to see more people die. You know, humans, it'd be better if you just kill yourselves now... There's no reason to live. We're made to suffer and die, after all." "The Rules Drone will keep its opinions to itself." "I guess... I know what's coming next." "tHaT'S RiGhT! sTaRt pRoGrAm dAy 1 oPtIoN N." "Oh no... I hate this part." The robot's face slowly fazes out of existence as Sariel explains, "You will have to face certain... obstacles to your progress. Do not let it stop you... or do. It would be fascinating to see a group fight our rules even as small as you are." Sariel chuckles to herself but before anyone can say a word further the Rules Drone's face has changed to show a single eyeball and it screams...

"LODS OPH EAONI!"

[MEDIA=youtube]CStsfP-Q-zE[/MEDIA]
Welcome to Indy Mafia
We are planning to reinvent the Mafia gaming scene in a way you've never seen, and provide a narrative experience free of things like "fun" and "walking anywhere but straight ahead".

However... we don't know what money is so you'll have to be the ones that provide it for us. Or rather, we need your activity. Good news is if your here that means the game is funded! Yay! Bad news is that if you want anything more you'll have to reach our stretch goals. It's nothing much. That is if you REALLY want to see our TRUE vision come to life.

You do want that. Don't you?

STRETCH GOALS:

20 Posts: Public Thanks- We'll thank everyone who posted here in the credits. Thank you so much for helping!

40 Posts : FoS's Implemented- Fingers of suspicion can now be used in game. It may be a little buggy but we don't care.
60 Posts: More backgrounds- Tons of settings, millions, will be put in the game when this goal is reached. Converse at a poker table, on top of a whale or even the MOON!
80 Posts: Another Composer- I'll be honest, the composer we have keeps putting dubstep into everything. We can get the attention of a new composer that can play the piano if you achieve this goal.
90 Posts: 24 hours added to game day- We'll GENEROUSLY let you play our game for another day. We're so nice.
100 Posts: Night Actions Implemented- Gain the ability to do night actions tonight. If this goal is not reached no one can use actions tonight.
110 Posts: Votes Implemented- People asked for this so we thought it would be funny to actually allow you to come to a consensus and lynch one another. Yes we are funny. ;0
200 Posts: Unlimited Day- When this goal is reached the day will never end! (Note: You must maintain 20 posts per Real Life Day to keep Unlimited Day. Otherwise the timer will instantly be set to 24 hours)
220 Posts: Stop using RPG Maker as an engine. Stop let's playing I Wanna Be The Guy.
250 Posts: I don't know?!- We'll... put more things into the game. Eh?
300 Posts: We'll look into having this game in other languages.

The eye blinks at you "Oi, it's tick tock bing bong 'o clock! Let's 'ave a banta' back and forth already!" Then the Rules Drone flies high over head leaving the maiden headless. It circles overhead much like a vulture. "...We will monitor your progress from here." "iF YoU HaVe aNy qUeStIoNs wE WiLl aNsWeR ThEm."

The two shaded figures leave the window. Now... all you have is each other.

DAY 1 START!

DAY 1 ENDS ON JUNE 2ND, 10:00 PM

Current Players:
The Missing Link
Random User
I am Nobody
Daos
monstrman
Erniewan
Shad

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:53 am

Hello everyone! :D :D :D It's a great day to be playing some Mafia! :bouncy:

I want you to know that I'm looking at every single one of you because I don't trust anyone yet. Such is the scenario of Day 1! :ole:

I don't see a gimmick today, so that's interesting. Although maybe that's what the kickstarter page is for? I don't know. It's kind of strange! :laugh: :king: :dance:

At any rate, don't expect the usual from me. I'm going to be showering you all with hugs as I try to suss all of you out! :hugonwings:

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:52 am

I am monstrman

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:53 am

That's a rather tautological thing to say! :D :D :D

:raindance:

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:55 am

hehe hi tml

and now we popcorn.gif the thread

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:59 am

But I'm not TML. :hyper: I get to be someone else today. :jumping:

But yes... now we wait for other players to get here. :D

Are you backing this Kickstarter thing going on? Seems like it might be worth putting a few posts into it to see where it goes. :x3:

Worst case, even if Tazy can't commit to his stretch goals, at least I'll still get a lot of posts out of it. :yay:

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:05 am

300 posts is an achievable goal even by the end of d1. I want this whole thread in Chinese.

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:33 am

这听起来像一个令人难以置信的想法给我。 :D :D :D

Daos

Post by Daos » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:34 am

Well that's ominous.

And TML is playing like HotD it seems. I think it's interesting that we have to get 100 posts to use night actions. That's something new.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 am

Relevant mechanics information:

There are a few scenarios I've been mulling over about the setup and a few implications for each of them

Setup 1: one mafia and one independent. This would probably be something like a survivor or maybe something like your doppelganger role tml but I would hope in any situation there isn't too much more kp because we have mislynch mafia kill no lynch mafia kill independent kill and we're left with an f3 that, worst case scenario, town cannot possibly win or if we nix the no lynch or no lynch d1 we have to lynch perfectly every day after just one mislynch. Caveat is kill stacking which I suppose is reasonably possible but it doesn't seem balanced so, I'd expect a survivor in this setup

Scenario 2 is one lone mafia that's. Maybe they'd get a double kill or something idk. We have 2 mislynches in this scenario afaict.

Scenario 3 is two mafia and gives us again only one mislynch[DOUBLEPOST=1467122938,1467122900][/DOUBLEPOST]Relevant mechanics information:

There are a few scenarios I've been mulling over about the setup and a few implications for each of them

Setup 1: one mafia and one independent. This would probably be something like a survivor or maybe something like your doppelganger role tml but I would hope in any situation there isn't too much more kp because we have mislynch mafia kill no lynch mafia kill independent kill and we're left with an f3 that, worst case scenario, town cannot possibly win or if we nix the no lynch or no lynch d1 we have to lynch perfectly every day after just one mislynch. Caveat is kill stacking which I suppose is reasonably possible but it doesn't seem balanced so, I'd expect a survivor in this setup

Scenario 2 is one lone mafia that's. Maybe they'd get a double kill or something idk. We have 2 mislynches in this scenario afaict.

Scenario 3 is two mafia and gives us again only one mislynch

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:13 am

Best get cracking then. :D

Daos, what do you think about the set up? Are you under the belief that the Kickstarter is legit and valid?[DOUBLEPOST=1467123195,1467122956][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I too was contemplating this, Monstr, since the sign-ups ended. Seven is an incredibly awkward number. :(

Two Mafia would seem to be OP. 5v2 means one mislynch, and that means that we'd have to be crazy accurate. Not impossible, but that borders on difficult. :king:

I wouldn't be surprised if we had something like a Mafia and an SK. We might get two deaths per night (until one axes the other), but it would hopefully balance out in the end when we get to the end. We'd just have to nail one to a tree really early though. Maybe there's a one-night reprieve or something. :confused:

I doubt Tazy did this, but maybe there's no Mafia at all. An even-night SK and an odd-night SK would be fascinating. Maybe even a third Indy for good luck, though possibly not. I think this is unlikely though. I think it'd be funny to make a Mafia game sans Mafia. :laugh: :ole:

Daos

Post by Daos » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:30 am

If by kickstarter you mean the posts milestones I think it's possible some are legit and some are fake. Kind of like all the fake items I had in Earthbound mafia (hopefully with less roleblockers than in Earthbound mafia too).

I just now so that according to that we cannot Fos until 40 posts so let's try this. I will pick someone who has yet to post.

FoS: IAN

Return to “Mafia Headquarters”