If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Summer Is Coming MAFIA -THE FORCES OF WINTER AND THE SPRINGTIME MARAUDERS WIN!

Where Mafia, the party game, is played with VGF members.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:31 am

Vote Count
Scarecrow (2): Shad, I am nobody
I am nobody (1): Scarecrow

Not Voting (2): Random User, Daos

With 5 players remaining, it takes 3 to lynch.
There are approximately 60½ hours until the end of the day.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Daos

Post by Daos » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:43 am

[QUOTE="Scarecrow, post: 1597401, member: 37446"]I never sent you a message... I sent it to Shad.

VOTE: Ian[/QUOTE]

...Wut? I'm not sure what you were even trying to do here or how you thought it would work.

Vote: Scarecrow

Random User

Post by Random User » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:44 am

Not point in doing this since we already met the lynch goal but I will vote anyway.

Vote: Scarecrow

Shad

Post by Shad » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:19 pm

I want to see a fliiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppp

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Well done guys gg

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Sorry. I've been asleep. Will post the flip one I get to work.

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Vote Count
Scarecrow (3): Shad, I am nobody, Daos

The Town converged quickly. After a successful lynch the previous day, they knew exactly where they had to strike. They didn't even need to use the whole day. They just had to issue their vote. And even if the official tally was 3 votes to 1, the four remaining Town were unified in voice.
Scarecrow was Prince Zuko, a Summertime Mafia Spy.
And with that, the Forces of Winter have eliminated all threats to Winter. Which means...
THE FORCES OF WINTER AND THE SPRINGTIME MARAUDERS WIN!

Shad
was Frostbite, a Forces of Winter cop.
(whose picture I failed to upload because I uploaded the role for Frosta instead, whoops)

Random User was the Ice King, a Forces of Winter spartacus.

Daos was Ultimate Big Chill, a Forces of Winter miller.

I am nobody was Vanillish, a Forces of Winter vanilla.
Final write-ups to be taking place soon!

Shad

Post by Shad » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:53 pm

Woot!

gg town!

This was somehow my first ever game as a full cop. >_>

Random User

Post by Random User » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:55 pm

That was fun, good game everyone! But I have to wonder what March's role was.

Shad

Post by Shad » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:55 pm

March was the doc I assume.

Random User

Post by Random User » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Nah that was Ernie. I am pretty sure he died to shield you.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Ernie's role usually eats someone else and the mafia didn't have a janitor, so I think Shad is right.

S1x

Post by S1x » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:10 pm

gg. Turns out Erniewan made our lives a lot harder
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit.

Shad

Post by Shad » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:10 pm

Curious what a mafia spy is though. What I think of as spy really only functions as a town role.

S1x

Post by S1x » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:15 pm

It was just the ability to send short messages.

I didn't suggest claiming the wrong targets though, so idk about that plan
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit.

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Well played Town!! This was a fun game to watch unfold due to the craziness, and thank you so very much to TML for being such a wonderful Host!!

*gives everyone marshmallows*

Threads will be moved once TML has completed his write-up. :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:34 pm

SUMMER IS COMING MAFIA: THE COMMENTARY
The Roles
Shad
You are Frostbite (from Danny Phantom), a member of the Forces of Winter.

Your wisdom is unparalleled, and your ability to see into other people's minds with your sixth sense is impeccable. You can see the nature of people's hearts with your honed detective mindset. Once per night, you may choose a character other than yourself; if successful, you will discover that player's affiliation (yours is the Forces of Winter). Though do know that you can be fooled by characters who either appear to be false pinnacles of virtue or allies who dabble in dodgy activities.

You win the game when all threats to Winter are dead. A threat to Winter is any non-Winter player with the ability to kill other players.

Random User
You are the Ice King (from Adventure Time), a member of the Forces of Winter.

Within your crown lies the centre of all your power. The elements bow to your command; people worship the snowy ground you walk upon. The rub is that it assaults your brain and makes you insane. It makes you claim wild truths, such as that you are Spartacus. During the day, you may make a role claim; this claim MUST include that you are the Ice King and MAY claim that you are one or more of the following abilities: cop, doctor, roleblocker, watcher, tracker, commuter, and/or bodyguard. (Both of these elements must appear in the same post.) Whatever abilities you claim, you will receive a one-shot ability as a night action, thereby effectively becoming a jack of all trades. Claiming any other role or any other power not in the aforementioned list (such as jack of all trades) will nullify this power. You may (naturally) only use this power once.

You win the game when all threats to Winter are dead. A threat to Winter is any non-Winter player with the ability to kill other players.

Monstrman
You are Jon Snow (from A Song of Ice and Fire), a member of the Forces of Winter.

You know nothing, Jon Snow. What else could you be but vanilla?

Marchie
You are Mr. Freeze (from Batman), a member of the Forces of Winter.

With a Ph.D. under your belt and a love for science, you have spent years understanding the effects of cold and cryogenics. And in this world of winter, your knowledge of how to keep people on ice makes everyone view you as a doctor. During the night, choose any player other than yourself; if successful, you will thwart any single attempt to take that player's life. This does not protect against multiple assaults, however.

Daos
You are Ultimate Big Chill (from Ben 10), a member of the Forces of Winter.

As Ben Tennyson, your powers are far and wide, the amalgamation of the absorption of intergalactic powers. Unfortunately for you, your Omnitrix is a little bit stuck right now, and so you are left in this alien form, unable to change back. And because of the unfortunate red colouration and the ice "flames" you wield, you don't exactly blend in. Despite your name, you're as shady as a miller. If a detective should learn your alignment, you will be viewed as a member of the Summertime Empire.

I am nobody
You are Vanillish (from Pokémon Black/White), a member of the Forces of Winter.

You're an ice cream cone. A veritable ice cream cone. With white ice cream. Vanilla ice cream. It's practically your name. Vanilla. Vanillish. You are vanilla.

Tazy Ten
You are Weiss Schnee (from RWBY), a member of the Forces of Winter.

Your cold demeanour makes you distant and removed from all those who would befriend you. Whilst you remain loyal to all those that you would claim allies, you find yourself more willing to hone your own hobbies than make friends, making you rather aloof to all. People view you as ascetic. If you should ever be targeted by any ability other than a killing ability, it will take no effect.

Scarecrow
You are Prince Zuko (from Avatar: The Last Airbender), part of the Summertime Empire.

You're a nice guy most of the time. Well, some of the time. Well, maybe here and there. But at the very least, you do have the heart and soul to do good deeds when it suits you. And perhaps that's why you can pull the wool over the eyes of those who would defend the cold. That is why you're good at being a spy. Every night, you may choose a player other than yourself; if successful, you may compose a message of up to 50 words to send to that player, and it will be delivered in the morning. That player may not, however, reply back.

As a member of the secret Summertime forces, you know that S1x (Rei Hino) is also part of the Summertime Empire. You may talk to your co-conspirator in this chat here.

Your safe claims are Elsa (from Frozen) and Frosta (from She-Ra: Princess of Power); these roles are guaranteed to not be in the game.

You win the game when the Summertime Empire controls 50% of the vote.

S1x
You are Rei Hino (from Sailor Moon), part of the Summertime Empire.

You're generally not used to being eye candy, what with your general disrespect for most of the male population, but you didn't exactly get to choose the outfit you transform into when you become Sailor Mars. Whether you like it or not, your powers of distraction allow you to be a roleblocker. During the night, choose any player other than yourself; you will prevent that player from taking any actions.

As a member of the secret Summertime forces, you know that Scarecrow (Prince Zuko) is also part of the Summertime Empire. You may talk to your co-conspirator in this chat here.

Your safe claims are The Abominable Snowman (from Monsters, Inc.) and Frozone (from The Incredibles); these roles are guaranteed to not be in the game.

You win the game when the Summertime Empire controls 50% of the vote.

Erniewan
You are Flowey the Flower (from Undertale), part of the Springtime Marauders.

Try as you might, the world doesn't believe in your mantra of "kill or be killed." You will change that. You are a doppelgänger. During any night, choose any player other than yourself. You will kill that player, even if he or she has defence against it, and you will assume that player's role, alignment, powers, and win condition. If you target a member of the Mafia, a masonry, or a neighbourhood, you will immediately be included into their chat. The player you kill will not have his or her role revealed; if you die after you have assumed a new role, both your original role AND your new role will be revealed. Once you use this ability, you lose it.

You currently cannot win the game. You must use your ability to change your win condition.

Erniewan

Post by Erniewan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Yeah, I started off as no alignment, had to kill someone to take their role and alignment, so I was effectively a replacement for Marchie. Meaning I sorta saved the Doctor role, then used it to protect Monstr and Shad. :P

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Why did you guys kill me [USER=22447]@S1x[/USER] [USER=37446]@Scarecrow[/USER]

Just curious

Erniewan

Post by Erniewan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:01 pm

That was a fun game, it was pretty balanced, like a standard C9 with some frills. Thanks, TML! GG everyone!

^You're too good at being Town, monstr!

Return to “Mafia Headquarters”