U.S. Rock Band Mafia - Town WINS

Where Mafia, the party game, is played with VGF members.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Mysterious NPR

Post by Mysterious NPR » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:11 pm

What's more interesting is that he screwed the mafia by janitoring Capcom (he had 1 janitor kill for a fakeclaim, but a mason/lover isn't a good fakeclaim)

Erniewan

Post by Erniewan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Yes! I knew we couldn't write off Ian. I bet you wish I hadn't replaced in, haha. :P
But yeah, Ian pretty much screwed over the mafia, especially since Capcom could have joined them too.
Glad I could play for a few days, worked out great with my schedule.

ZeldaGirl

Post by ZeldaGirl » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Why capcom, ian? I mean, clearly it worked out, but it was a pretty random selection.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:31 pm

^I didn't have good reads on anyone, and I knew from last game I probably wasn't going to get one on him later on. I also wanted to pick a slightly more aggressive target than I would as mafia in case something like D2 of Twilight Zone happened again.

But hey, I didn't die, so it's all good. I'll just have to aim a little lower and become the greatest rock band of Malta.

March

Post by March » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Yup. I wasn't scum. I'm never scum, haha.
Every day I'm Shucklin'

Thanous

Post by Thanous » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:59 pm

FINALLY ITS OVER

gg

For the record I thought of redirecting loot to val long before u mentioned it[DOUBLEPOST=1413590344,1413590264][/DOUBLEPOST]This was my favorite game I've seen yet, plus I made it past day 1 for he first time ever :kirby:

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:01 pm

GG.

I wish I could have played but this was a slaughter for the Mafia. No offense or anything Town was just on the ball this game. :P

More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:53 pm

I would like to give a big THANKS DOOD to NPR; not just for hosting but for introducing me to Liars. Cool band!
~K

LOOT
Banned

Post by LOOT » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:50 am

much like the actual band, Aerosmith lived for far too long

Mysterious NPR

Post by Mysterious NPR » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:12 am

Loot, you just killed my sides! Anyway: Town roles and actions!:
[spoiler]
More Cowbell:

You are Liars, a punk rock/electronica band from Brooklyn, NY. You disagree with the Thrash Metal Mafia's proclamation, and wish to bring them down. You are a member of the town, and the bodyguard. Each night, you will target a player. If they were to die that night, one of four possibilities will occur. Either they will die as planned, you will die in their place, nothing will happen, or you will kill the attacker, saving your target's life. Each has a 25% chance of happening. You win when all hostile roles are eliminated.
NPR note: When I was thinking of what rock bands I should include in the game, I had thought "why not use an Electronica band, give the band list some variety?" So I looked up and listened to a lot of those bands, and decided on Liars.

Night 1: Protected Monstrman (nothing happened)

Night 2: Protected Zeldagirl (died in her place)

Robbiecon/Erniewan:

You are Dream Theater, a progressive metal band from Boston, MA. You disagree with the Thrash Metal Mafia's proclamation, and wish to bring them down. You are the town doctor. Each night, you will choose a player, protecting them from death for that night only. You may not protect yourself. You win when all hostile roles are eliminated.

NPR note: I've listened to Dream Theater for many years, and I love them. They can be soft, and they can be hevy, but they're always melodic. They have quite a number of songs mentioning extending a helping hand, wanting to help, etc, so Dream Theater seemed like a good fit to the doctor.

Night 1: Protected More Cowbell

Night 2: Protected I Am Nobody

Night 3: Protected Zeldagirl

S1x:

You are Nirvana, a Grunge band from Seattle, WA. You disagree with the Thrash Metal Mafia's proclamation, and wish to bring them down. You came damn close to killing off metal in the 1990's when you reigned supreme, so you want to try again. After going through an investigation of whether or not Kurt Cobain had killed himself, or if he was murdered with a private PI, you became pretty good at investigating people yourself! You aqre the town detective. Each night, you can detect a player. You will get one of four results. You will either receive your target's role, your target's alignment, the name of your target's band, or your target's band, role, and alignment. Each has a 25% chance of happening. You win when all hostile roles are eliminated.

NPR note: I don't like Grunge music, and I don't like Nirvana, but since they came so killing off metal in the 90's, I had to include them (Seriously, if Pantera wasn't the big metal band in the 90's, metal could quite possibly be dead right now) I had read about the PI's investigation into Cobain's death, and it's a very interesting read. Along with that and since the detective is the bane to the mafia, I stuck that detective patch onto Nirvana.

Night 1: Detected Monstrman as Megadeth

Night 2: Detected Robbiecon as Dream Theater

Night 3: Detected March to be town-aligned.

Rainbowdash:

You are the Eagles, a rock band from L.A. You disagree with the Thrash Metal Mafia's proclamation, and wish to bring them down. Each night, you will pick a player, and show them your brand spanking new hotel, Hotel California. They will be impressed by your hotel, and will spend the night. This inturn will not only protect them for the night, but will roleblock them as well, making you the town jailer. You win when all hostile roles are eliminated.

NPR note: My parents love the Eagles, so growing up, I heard this song a bunch on the radio, and I had always wanted to explore the hotel described in the song, which sounds like a jailer in mafia terms. You're exploring this huge hotel all night, and your killer can't find you.

Night 1: Jailed TnT (blocked TnT's kill), and Loot (After Loot cheered him). I had fudged up a bit this night. I was compiling when RD sent in her actions, and I had let her slide that time only. As a result, TnT didn't kill Rainbowdash (Then again, March didn't see TnT target RB that night as a result)
Night 2: nothing. (Died)

Capcom:

You are Alice Cooper, a solo artist who has been in the music industry for 47 years. As such, you have seen everything, making you wiser than everyone else, making you more than worthy to be a judge in these matters. You disagree with the Thrash Metal Mafia's proclamation, and wish to bring them down, even though you love heavy metal. Once per day, you can choose to pardon someone, saving them from being lynched that day. You will PM me who you are going to save. YOU MUST PM ME BEFORE THEY HAVE THE AMOUNT OF VOTES NEEDED FOR A LYNCH. You can save yourself if you so choose. You know who Megadeth is ( ), as you are Dave Mustaine's godfather. You and him/her may talk outside as the game as you two see fit. As you really care for Dave Mustaine's well being, you may not under ANY circumstances reveal ( )'s identity to the town. If Megadeth dies, you will be extremely grief stricken, and will kill yourself the following night. You win when all non-town roles are eliminated. Also, if the thrash metal mafia wins, and if Megadeth is still alive, then you win with them.

NPR note: This role had so much potential. If this role was alive a couple days later, Capcom just could have made a pledge to win with the mafia and impede the town as much as possible. He would detected as a town judge (would NOT have detected as a mason), which would have offset the town's protective roles, but a certain serial killer had a word about that.

Night 1: was janitored, died.

March:

You are Blondie, a New Wave/Punk band from NYC. You disagree with the Thrash Metal Mafia's proclamation, and wish to help bring them down. Each night, you will pick a target, and you will stalk them, taking note of who (if anyone) they target that night. You win when all hostile roles are eliminated.

NPR note: I don't normally listen to blondie, but if you listen to the rock station on the radio, you'll hear One Way or Another eventually, and it's instances like that where material for your game presents itself to you.

Night 1: Tracked TnT, didn't see him target anyone (would have seen him target RD if her actions didn't go through)

Night 2: Tracked Val, saw him target Loot

Night 3: Tracked Zeldagirl, saw her target both Erniewan and Val. (March only saw who she performed the actions on, not who she got them from)

Zeldagirl:

You are Weird Al Yankovic, a solo artist from Lynwood, CA. You disagree with the Thrash Metal Mafia's proclamation, and wish to bring them down. Throughout your entire career, you have parodied all kinds of artists. You are the mimicer. Each night, you will pick 2 targets, A and B. Whatever target A is doing that night, you will perform on target B, but you have no idea what ability you will actually be doing. You win when all hostile roles have been eliminated.

NPR note: I had really wanted to include Weird Al into the game, but I hadn't come up with a role to fit him. (Yes, mimicer sounds like such a no-brainer, but I was drawing blanks.) I had watched his behind the music segment for ideas, and when somebody had said that Weird Al copies songs and glorifies them, then it hit me.

Night 1: Copied More Cowbell (bodyguard) and performed it on Robbiecon

Night 2: Copies S1x (detective) and performs it on Robbiecon, detects him as the Doctor

Night 3: Copies Val (kill), and performs on Val; Copies Erniewan, and performs on herself (I Am Nobody sent his action in first, so technically, ZG didn't kill Val

Loot:

You are Aerosmith, a rock band from Boston, MA. You disagree with the Thrash Metal Mafia's proclamation, and wish to bring them down. Each night, you will pick a target, and will cheer them on, telling them to reach for the stars, and to dream on. They will get to perform their action twice that night, making you the ouendan. You win when all hostile roles are eliminated.

NPR note: After listening to Dream On a million times on the radio, it was kinda obvious what actuion/role Aerosmith would be, and it fits really well.

Night 1: Cheers Rainbowdash

Night 2: Cheers ZG (blocked by Val)

Night 3: Cheers ZG again (Succeeds this time)

[/spoiler][DOUBLEPOST=1413612779,1413612669][/DOUBLEPOST]Independant role and actions:
[spoiler]
I Am Nobody:

You are Alestorm, a pirate metal band from Perth, Scotland. For years, you have wanted to take over the radiowaves of America, and with the chaos after the thrash metal mafia's actiona and proclamation, you feel that this is the perfect time to strike. You are the serial killer. Each night, you will pick a target and will kill them. Your very first kill will involve your pirate crew kidnapping a player and learning their band name, role, and alignment. Nobody else will learn this information. You win when you are the last band standing.

NPR note: I've listen to Alestorm for awhile now, and I had really wanted to included them, being pirates and all. I had actually changed the opening story a bit for their inclusion to make sense (pirates love chaos, less resistance). With how much I Am Nobody screwed over the mafia, he could actually be honorary townie :tongue:

Night 1: killed Capcom (and screwed the mafia over)

Night 2: killed Rainbowdash

Night 3: Killed Val
[/spoiler]

Mafia roles and actions:

[spoiler]
TnT:

You are Metallica. You are the Godfather of the Thrash Metal mafia. Your members consist of Megadeth, and Anthrax. As the Godfather, you are in charge of what actions the mafia performs. You are the Redirector. You will select a player, and redirect them onto somebody else during the night. Your accuracy will begin at 100%, but each time you use your action, the accuracy will decrease by 5%. If you perform the kill, anyone who tries to kill you will go crazy and kill a random player, making you bulletproof. If you are detected, you will detect as the band "Kiss". You win when the Thrash Metal mafia makes up a majority and it is impossible for any members to die.

NPR note: What I like to do is along with the mafiats have their own actions, they have their own kill abilities as well (janitoring is a kill ability, for instance). If someone attempted to kill TnT while he was killing, the kill would have hit someone else.

Night 1: Kill Rainbowdash (was jailed)

Night 2: redirects RD onto S1x (failed because RD didn't do anything that night)

Monstrman: You are Megadeth. You are a member of the Thrash Metal mafia along with Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax. You are the Russian Roulette. You will pick a target, as well as a number between 1 and 6. That person will be forced to play a round of Russian Roulette. They will pick a number between 1 and 6. If they pick the number that you picked, they will die. If you perform the kill, you will fire a small nuclear missle at a player, making them unidentifiable. You can do this once every 2 nights. You only have 3 missles. Dave Mustaine helped invent Thrash Metal when he was in Metallica. Unfortunatly, they kicked him out, and used his music On Kill 'Em All, as well as Ride the Lightning. This has fueled him to be faster and better than Metallica. You are also the Usurper. Since Alice Cooper (Capcommaster1881) is Dave Mustaine's Godfather, you and him may communicate outside of the game any way as you see fit. If he dies, you will be stricken with grief, and will kill yourself the following night. You only win if Metallica dies before you do, as well the Thrash metal mafia wins.

NPR note: My favorite band, and the most complicated role in the game. Russian Roulette/Janitor/lover/usurper. Rolls right off the tongue. Like Capcom, this role had so much potential that was ended early.

Night 1: Russian Roulettes ZG

Night 2: Janitors ZG (Janitors More Cowbell instead because Bodyguard), dies

Val:

You are Anthrax. You are a member of the thrash metal mafia along with Metallica and Megadeth. You are the roleblocker. When you perform your action, you will pick a player, and throw them in the madhouse that night, blocking their actions from going through. Being the someone tame thrash metal band obsessed with comic books instead of the usual booze and dope, when you perform the kill, you will appear innocent if investigated. You win when the thrash metal mafia makes up a majority and cannot be killed.

NPR note: By innocence, I mean that S1x would have detected Val as town-aligned if he did the mafia kill that night.

Night 1: Roleblock More Cowbell

Night 2: Roleblock Loot

Night 3: Kill S1x
[/spoiler]

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:16 am

Congratulations Town... well played!!! And a special thanks to NPR for being such a great host and creating a fun game!! *gives everyone marshmallows*

Threads incoming soon... :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:25 am

Capcom dying n1 was really unfortunate because I was poised to be clear by a large majority of the thread :/

D2 I said nothing for fear of spewing someone as a a townie

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Oh hey S1x detected me

Yay S1x good on you

ZeldaGirl

Post by ZeldaGirl » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:26 pm

S1x played the cop role excellently. I had a feeling he was the cop (hence I targeted him to copy with Robbie); but when Val claimed cop, it was the way he stayed collected but voted val that lead me to know val was mafia.

Loot also was awesome with night actions - he targeted just the right people.

March

Post by March » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Had Thanous' kill gone through I think my night actions would look a bit better...
Every day I'm Shucklin'

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:58 am

Us guarding ZEEGEE and dying in her place let her live and solve the game

kaboom we helped

good call squeege

E: Also as far as changing the title, I seem to recall being able to edit the first post and changing the title. Or is that not a thing anymore?? Or is that something that I was able to do on DEM? Or is that something I was able to do on DEM because I was a mod???

Hmmmm. (Terribly sorry; not sure if my edit is actually all that helpful haha)
we built our house of cards
but it feels like it's still ours...

Thanous

Post by Thanous » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:09 am

[QUOTE="SPERKER SCERRER SKERLERTERNS, post: 1493279,
E: Also as far as changing the title, I seem to recall being able to edit the first post and changing the title. Or is that not a thing anymore?? Or is that something that I was able to do on DEM? Or is that something I was able to do on DEM because I was a mod???

Hmmmm. (Terribly sorry; not sure if my edit is actually all that helpful haha)[/QUOTE]
Thread tools,right next to the watch / unwatch button

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:15 am

Whoa. Your quote broke, but I still got the alert.

Spooooooky.
we built our house of cards
but it feels like it's still ours...

Erniewan

Post by Erniewan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Yeah, all the townies had great targets, good job all of you!

ZeldaGirl

Post by ZeldaGirl » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Many thanks to Squeege and Kat. :D

Return to “Mafia Headquarters”