(please insert theme Mafia) Part 2 - MAFIA WINS

Where Mafia, the party game, is played with VGF members.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

S1x

(please insert theme Mafia) Part 2 - MAFIA WINS

Post by S1x » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Game Show Mafia
Day 3

Welcome back to Who Wants to be a Murderer! We have an exciting contest going on so far. All the Mafia current remain alive and disguised within the town, and during our last commercial break, they stuck a knife into the back of Masa?, Town Jack of All Trades. Can the town make a dramatic comeback starting today? Pay careful attention to this topic to find out!

Each player should expect a question from me some time after they post. Simply answer the question, and you'll earn yourself a ticket.* One of your tickets will be the lucky one that can be traded in for a prize later today!

*Extremely low effort or irrelevant answers may be not counted

(You probably notice your Theme Points have been cut in half. This is a one time thing only)

6. ZeldaGirl (5.625 TP)
6. Erniewan: Town Magnet, killed Night 1
6. i am nobody: Town Miller, lynched Day 2
6. Daos (0 TP)
6. Loot (3.5 TP)
6. NPR (1 TP)
6. Squeege (2.5 TP)
6. Kat (7.75 TP)
6. monstrman (4 TP)
6. Masa (0 TP)
6. Panfan (6.25 TP)
6. blrasmu?: Town Stump, stumpicided Day 1**
6. Madwaltz (1 TP)
6. capcommaster1881 (3.75 TP)
6. CuccoLady (7.25 TP)
6. softguitar (5.25 TP)
6. blrasmu (0 TP)
6. Masa?, Town JOAT, killed Night 2**
6. Scarecrow (3 TP)

Time remaining: ???
15 people currently alive; 8 votes needed to lynch
Extra time may be granted at my discretion

**these roles are 100% dead. Please do not ask players about them. kthx
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit.

blrasmu

Post by blrasmu » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Okay, I'm back taking over for... someone. Hooray, I can vote again!

Also, Vote: NPR because I think he's using his inactivity to sneak by us as a mafiat.

spooky scary bearatons

Post by spooky scary bearatons » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:49 pm

I JOIN THE FRAY.

Lets get this on.

Blarasmu, inactivity =/= mafia, the fact alone that people have mentioned the fact that mafia tend to post less is likely to incline mafia to post more, as a way to avoid suspicion.

ANYWAY lets get cracking.

[USER=37446]@Scarecrow[/USER] I believe you're the cop, correct? Did you nose about last night and get any form of clue that would lead us to scum?
"whether you have or have no wealth, the system might fail you, but don't fail yourself" -
GET BETTER - dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:57 pm

Here's a reads list. I did this during the night, so this accounts for ian-town. KRMasa-town doesn't really change any of my reads, so.

OH AND NOW HE'S THANY I MISSED THAT COMPLETELY LMAO

ZeldaGirl- One of my strongest townreads, reinforced by the detect; she contributes quite a lot and I don't see much of an agenda that would suggest ZG is anything other than town.

Erniewan TOWN MAGNET

i am nobody TOWN MILLER [[Just a quick note here, if you draw self-aware miller it's much much better if you claim that fact ASAP as opposed to after you've been run up *cough*]]

Tazy Daos- My strongest scumread. Admittedly I did say I thought he was buddies with ian, but that was due to ian's actions. Daos is scummy regardless; I now think it's much more likely that he's scum setting up all three of {ian, Kat, CL} and thus, that CL is probably town.

Loot- I liked his play D1, but he didn't really do anything except roleplay D2. His questions (why did you pick the dN?) don't really give us any useful information. meh, he's still iota of town.

NPR- His playstyle thus far has been par for the course. However I can't say I'm a fan of mechanics-only discussion, nor of 1-613 where he's casting doubt on the town detect (specifically that ZG could be the godfather; while this is always a possibility, her play this game suggests it's incredibly unlikely). Because of this, iota of scum

Squeege- My other strongest townread. I'm like, 90% sure on this one. I find myself agreeing with most of his reads and he just hasn't done anything that makes me want to lynch him.

Kat- Chuck Woolery.

monstrman- idk I want to defer to the wise men and say town. I don't have the energy to iso all 14083489347532 of his posts so this is what you get from me #sorrynotsorry

thanous Masa- I'd like to withhold judgement until Masa begins interacting.

Panfan- I like him for town; now that he's back and provided a couple reads, I agree with them, and he also pointed out things that I did not catch.

blrasmu TOWN STUMP

Madwaltz- null. Hopefully he's able to come back and catch up.

[spoiler=notes on capcommaster1881]In 1-169, he explains why he didn't follow the plum test. I actually think his reasoning for not doing it reads townie, but I disagree with the conclusion he got from the test.
1-380 actually brings an interesting point...MW didn't say things about scrow?? Looking back at his posts, you're right. He didn't. Though to be fair, MW doesn't mention panfan either and I think panfan is town.
re: 1-457 I'd like to know why you started thinking scrow is town.
tl;dr capcom is probably town for similar reasons as panfan.[/spoiler]

CuccoLady- probable town, especially if Daos is scum as per the above. If he's not, I may need to reevaluate but I still think she's town.

[spoiler=notes on softguitar]In 1-188, she asks tazy to supply a read on monstr and says she's "just picking random people." Reads as self-conscious, esp. paired with "haven't heard too much from tazy."
She makes some other self-conscious posts (along the lines of "so-and-so would do X as town, but I don't know") but that seems to be more of a personality tell- I'm not getting this tell from 1-188, though.
1-458 I already asked about the quotes and await a response. I will have a more better opinion after this. :x3:
idk most of soft's posts could go either way ugh[/spoiler]

renegadeRatatosk blrasmu- p.much have to withhold judgement until later since all rR posted was that she was reading and didn't know what was going on

Scarecrow- I mean I do think he's a cop, I'm just not sold on his alignment. He's done, and continues to do, a lot of things that are pinging my scumdar that I've outlined already. I'm just having trouble reconciling his behavior with his claim, and would like to look into how he's played in the past (you're right, man- it's been a long time!) when I have more energy and time, etc.

In accordance with my reads,
[vote] Daos[DOUBLEPOST=1407812256,1407812143][/DOUBLEPOST]blras, are you sensing some sort of agenda on NPR's part, as opposed to some of his prior inactivity? For reference, read the last game- he active lurked all the way to the noose and was the town armor.
we built our house of cards
but it feels like it's still ours...

spooky scary bearatons

Post by spooky scary bearatons » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:06 pm

I think my main concern is that Scarecrow claimed cop yet Masa-Alpha was killed overnight. Surely it would be intelligent to kill off someone who has the ability to basically win the game by just surviving. UNLESS someone is constantly blocking him from this point on.

One also dodgy thing surrounding Masa-Alpha's death is the fact that ZG also claimed to be mafia target number one, yet neither of them seemed to suffer overnight? I don't feel like ZG/Scarecrow are scum, infact quite the opposite, they seem as clean as chlorine. But there's something dodgy going on here.
"whether you have or have no wealth, the system might fail you, but don't fail yourself" -

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:11 pm

The thing with killing off MasaAlpha (or any of the inactives) is that it's a low-info kill.

And there's also that he used to be KR[DOUBLEPOST=1407813119,1407813028][/DOUBLEPOST]unrelated- masa get on showdown i'm ready to fite u

spooky scary bearatons

Post by spooky scary bearatons » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Yeah - It doesn't particularly say much.

But at the same time, why take out someone you KNOW won't be of any use as opposed to the big players, the big roles etc.

I havn't played mafia in a very long time but in mmo logic you focus the big monster and take out the little ones when they become problems

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Alright lets lynch some scum.

[QUOTE="Masa, post: 1482772, member: 30168"]I JOIN THE FRAY.

Lets get this on.

Blarasmu, inactivity =/= mafia, the fact alone that people have mentioned the fact that mafia tend to post less is likely to incline mafia to post more, as a way to avoid suspicion.

ANYWAY lets get cracking.

[USER=37446]@Scarecrow[/USER] I believe you're the cop, correct? Did you nose about last night and get any form of clue that would lead us to scum?[/QUOTE]

I was blocked last night. I wasn't surprised because I honestly thought I was gonna get killed. Or ZG but we are both alive! Also I tried to investigate Capcom.

My biggest scum read right now is Capcom. He said he thought I was town when most of everyone was saying that I was scummy. I find this very strange and out-of-place.

VOTE: Capcom

What do you have to say, mate?

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Hooray I have attained a read of my alignment from kat

finally we can be friends in this game omg it's been so long

Okay kat so seriously though I have a feeling we will find more than one mafiat in the people who are inactive and not playing this game.

From the player list

6. ZeldaGirl (5.625 TP) Is just likely town
6. Erniewan: Town Magnet, killed Night 1
6. i am nobody: Town Miller, lynched Day 2
6. Daos (0 TP)
6. Loot (3.5 TP) I had a town read on him d1 but he has since shifted to null for... I guess just degrading reads over time because of PoE. I feel like he might have had a reason for being scummy
6. NPR (1 TP) I have a sort of a townread on him, but I mean he's just always inactive. I feel like he was being really genuine when he said that he was having trouble keeping up with the thread
6. Squeege (2.5 TP)
6. Kat (7.75 TP) Both of these people are probably town for content and activeness. I feel like I have a slightly stronger townread on squeege but that may just be because of Kat's insistance on keeping me firmly in the null pile

6. monstrman (4 TP)
6. Masa (0 TP)
6. Panfan (6.25 TP) A likely townie giving his willingness to participate in the RP but it could just be a reason to post without saying much. Would like to mq his posts but I don't really have the time at the current moment

Panfan, what are your reads like given the flips and the people that were on said wagons?

6. blrasmu?: Town Stump, stumpicided Day 1**
6. Madwaltz (1 TP)
6. capcommaster1881 (3.75 TP) Have since shifted to null

6. CuccoLady (7.25 TP)
6. softguitar (5.25 TP) Independent likely townreads from content, tone, and activeness

6. blrasmu (0 TP) Who are these two replacing?
6. Masa?, Town JOAT, killed Night 2**
6. Scarecrow (3 TP) Lock clear from mechanics

S1x

Post by S1x » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:23 pm

[MEDIA=youtube]3N1TJP_B8YM[/MEDIA]

blrasmu, for your ticket, your question is:
are you sensing some sort of agenda on NPR's part, as opposed to some of his prior inactivity? For reference, read the last game- he active lurked all the way to the noose and was the town armor.
(via Kat)
Hot seat: blrasmu --> Masa --> Kat --> Scarecrow --> monstrman -->
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:26 pm

Masa- probably figured since he got banned he'd be replaced?? idk

scrow- I ISOed capcom and it seems he initially had a scumread on you and then reneged. We'll see what he says when he sees this is a thing.

Monstr- OKAY LET'S DO THIS
JUST DON'T GET ME MISLYNCHED IN MYLO D11
YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD

also did you read my readslist??

Goin' down yours now.
Daos- nothing on him? :S
Loot- I feel like he might come back? I know he's been p.busy IRL
NPR- I think he was genuine about having trouble keeping up, too, no doubt... that said, he did have some stuff that I didn't like. I'd like to get a better idea of where blras is coming from tho

I'm guessing mq = iso??? iso is like actually short for isolation dude cmon ;w;

blrasmu replaced RR
Masa replaced KR and then got shot and then replaced thaonus[DOUBLEPOST=1407814014,1407813799][/DOUBLEPOST]gdi s1x i posted before scrow i want my question

and my pokemon battle
*glares at masa*

Squeege

Post by Squeege » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 pm

My biggest scum read right now is Capcom. He said he thought I was town when most of everyone was saying that I was scummy. I find this very strange and out-of-place.
Eh, I've been getting townish vibes from him; he tends to be much more obvious as scum. Can you explain this further?

I'm down with Daos. Tazy wasn't particularly town, and there were a few things D2 that made me raise my eyebrows.

NPR has just been a toilet. He needs to get active, but I seriously have no read on him.

[USER=30168]@Masa[/USER]: You said you're caught up. What are your thoughts on the gamestate? Who's scum?

Vote Daos

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:28 pm

[QUOTE="nyankat, post: 1482789, member: 37303"]Masa- probably figured since he got banned he'd be replaced?? idk

scrow- I ISOed capcom and it seems he initially had a scumread on you and then reneged. We'll see what he says when he sees this is a thing.

Monstr- OKAY LET'S DO THIS
JUST DON'T GET ME MISLYNCHED IN MYLO D11
YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD

also did you read my readslist??

Goin' down yours now.
Daos- nothing on him? :S
Loot- I feel like he might come back? I know he's been p.busy IRL
NPR- I think he was genuine about having trouble keeping up, too, no doubt... that said, he did have some stuff that I didn't like. I'd like to get a better idea of where blras is coming from tho

I'm guessing mq = iso??? iso is like actually short for isolation dude cmon ;w;

blrasmu replaced RR
Masa replaced KR and then got shot and then replaced thaonus[/QUOTE]

I don't mislynch villagers (except really I do all the time)

Yeah I read your reads list. Seems somewhat similar to mine.

also mq is mass quote.

o...kay ALRIGHT MASA WITH THE DOUBLE LIFE

Wonder why they shot kr mafia must be wanting the game to continue which is nice of them actually[DOUBLEPOST=1407814101,1407814043][/DOUBLEPOST]Also yes, nothing on Daos

independent townie lean on him from tone that has since shifted to null because not everyone can be a townie unfortunate as that may be

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:29 pm

GOD DONUT SQUEEGE NPR IS NOT TRIFORCE[DOUBLEPOST=1407814170,1407814104][/DOUBLEPOST]ah okay, thanks for the clarification

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:30 pm

I think new blrasmu is a townie because of his one post

yes I know how silly that sounds

Squeege

Post by Squeege » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:43 pm

You're right that does sound silly.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:50 pm

[QUOTE="Squeege, post: 1482798, member: 37204"]You're right that does sound silly.[/QUOTE]

You're right that I'm right about it sounding silly

man it sure is silly how silly that is

sillysillysillysillysillysillysillysilly

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:52 pm

This thread has become entirely too silly.

Mysterious NPR

Post by Mysterious NPR » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:26 am

[QUOTE="Scarecrow, post: 1482782, member: 37446"]Alright lets lynch some scum.

I was blocked last night. I wasn't surprised because I honestly thought I was gonna get killed. Or ZG but we are both alive! Also I tried to investigate Capcom.

VOTE: Capcom

What do you have to say, mate?[/QUOTE]

*red flag goes up* Before I vote for you Capcom, I'd like for you to answer Scrow's question.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:39 am

Do you have other reasons for this?[DOUBLEPOST=1407818352,1407818181][/DOUBLEPOST]like, you know, your own reasoning would be nice?

Return to “Mafia Headquarters”