(please insert theme Mafia) Part 1

Where Mafia, the party game, is played with VGF members.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Softguitar

Post by Softguitar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:55 pm

Can anyone summarize what happened in the past few days anyway?

My try:
MW wants everyone to say his fruit word - some people don't - a lot of arguing but nothing done - Ian claims Miller after a lot of votes on him - monstr does his thing - medieval dragons stuff - people getting nowhere.

Kaaaat, you didn't answer my question yesterday. Who is your next suspect when ian flips town?

Squeege is quiet. Forgot where he went.[DOUBLEPOST=1407261301,1407261220][/DOUBLEPOST]My English - no good: I mix "if" with "when" sometimes. IF CLAUSES aaargh.
"You tried, step aside, you're denied." - Marie

S1x

Post by S1x » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Kat rolled 1. Extra vote hit?!
CuccoLady rolled 2. Extra vote missed. CuccoLady is out of dice.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Short: I don't find those few of us who are actually posting suspicious. Suggesting we randomly vote inactives isn't going to work when most of you are already dead-set on me. I can either vote myself and hope it actually amounts to something, or watch as we no-lynch today and then waste D3 on me as well. Since it ends the same for me either way, the townie choice is to end it now.

Calling thanous/Loot/MW as mafia, btw. Drop offs from their town play and convenient disappearances.

Softguitar

Post by Softguitar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Ugh, at least we get confirmation on whether ian is town or not. We can go further on from there... or not, whatever.
"You tried, step aside, you're denied." - Marie

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:06 pm

Ian probably gonna flip town, but on the off chance he doesn't I guess I could vote him

Still voting yourself is slightly silly and only makes the mafiats able to vote you with zero liability

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:04 pm

[QUOTE="monstrman, post: 1481371, member: 37253"]Ian probably gonna flip town, but on the off chance he doesn't I guess I could vote him[/QUOTE]

Wait, ok, hang on. What?

You don't know whether he flips town or mafia unless you vote him, so I really don't understand what this is saying? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this reads a lot like "he's town, but I could vote him anyway," which is exactly as noncommittal as IaN's vote was that made me suspect him in the first place.
I believe in second chances, and that's why I believe in you.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:32 pm

[QUOTE="CuccoLady, post: 1481375, member: 30977"]Wait, ok, hang on. What?

You don't know whether he flips town or mafia unless you vote him, so I really don't understand what this is saying? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this reads a lot like "he's town, but I could vote him anyway," which is exactly as noncommittal as IaN's vote was that made me suspect him in the first place.[/QUOTE]

You are wrong

I literally said exactly what I meant

"Ian is probably going to flip town but I could vote him on the offchance I'm wrong"

Pretty unambiguous not sure how you can construe it any other way than exactly how I said it.[DOUBLEPOST=1407270770,1407270651][/DOUBLEPOST]And now I've actually just re-read it and found that I actually kind of did word it ambiguously

Well that's my bad but whatever. I have effectively corrected myself to exactly what I meant in my response to you so it doesn't really matter

ZeldaGirl

Post by ZeldaGirl » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:39 pm

If these sequences of posts were supposed to convince me you are town...well, they didn't.

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1481335, member: 34539"]Vote: Me

Because we're clearly not getting off this any other way. And the confidence in the votes against me will make the flip really funny. :tongue: [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="nyankat, post: 1481346, member: 37303"]I've only seen ian self-vote as scum. Just saying.

roll d12 for extra vote against ian[DOUBLEPOST=1407259950,1407259581][/DOUBLEPOST]I would encourage everyone who is behind on the game to catch up during night phase. I know it looks daunting, but it's not actually that bad.[/QUOTE]

As kat says, what's interesting is you threatened to vote against yourself, but didn't actually. But what really stands out is the bold/italicized. You already claimed miller. It's only a matter of seeing if we are right or wrong. There should be nothing funny nor surprising about it. The fact you included this makes me inclined to feel it's a last minute gambit on your part, and more stalling.

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1481366, member: 34539"]Short: I don't find those few of us who are actually posting suspicious. Suggesting we randomly vote inactives isn't going to work when most of you are already dead-set on me. I can either vote myself and hope it actually amounts to something, or watch as we no-lynch today and then waste D3 on me as well. Since it ends the same for me either way, the townie choice is to end it now.

Calling thanous/Loot/MW as mafia, btw. Drop offs from their town play and convenient disappearances.[/QUOTE]

If this is your town play, ian, it's surprising. You claimed to not be able to follow big day 1s, but now not enough people have posted for you to find suspicion, or you are suspicious of those with low activity but have done nothing more to really prod them. Everyone posted yesterday. Between that and the sudden drop off today, there is no one in your mind? Heck, the people you are calling out as mafia you didn't prod today. You called out NPR and Daos. Not those three. Again, if this is your town play, it's uncharacteristic for you. You usually are far more astute than that.

Also, this whole thing feels like stalling from you. I'll be fair and give you that you said you would be out of town. But your posts were very limited before and after the weekend. Sorry man, but if you are town this time around, you have not been your normal self.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:07 pm

I feel like lately it's been a theme among a bunch of people I play with (myself included) to not play as well as they might normally.

Maybe it's in the water.

Or maybe he's just a mafiat.

I really don't know I'm clueless especially because this d2 has been extremely silent.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:22 pm

I prodded all of the low activity people collectively and all of them except Daos ignored me. Not sure what I'm supposed to do about that, really.

Everyone posted yesterday, yes, but very few of them posted anything meaningful. There's very little to say about any of that, and certainly nothing I can make a strong enough case to persuade anyone with.

I will find the flip funny because everyone has been so confident in their votes. You don't have to agree, but arguing about my own entertainment is a bit silly.

Not sure what the rest of it means. I didn't threaten to vote myself, I *did* vote myself. Actively encouraging my own lynch would also be a really weird way to stall in a game where it's very possible I won't even be lynched with a self-vote and two double votes against me. It would take very little effort if I actually wanted to stall.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Fluffy awoke again after 4.5 days of hard drinking, then hard sleeping.

"Hello. I decided to catch myself up on events that have tre...tra...happened, here. I did this after my bender was over. I should probably change my character name to something relevant. Meh, too lazy."
~
All right, so. First an analysis of everything from 496 on.
Soft, I see that you posted a couple of quotes from SC/ian saying that one of the two is mafia. Could you please explain how you came to that conclusion? For reference, the post is here:
[QUOTE="softguitar, post: 1479588, member: 37690"]Judging by these two quotes, either one of them is mafia and I'm leaning more towards Ian than SC at the moment.[/QUOTE]

re: SC 513 I will have a look at #457...I think I may have missed it when capcom posted it. At a glance just now, it pinged me slightly, but after reading again more carefully I don't really see scum motivation here.

Squeege, any follow-up to 514? I know you has a tired, but I would like to know what you saw.

[QUOTE="softguitar, post: 1480377, member: 37690"]Didn't seem like a reaction test to me. Please explain. Was this a lie?[DOUBLEPOST=1406870116,1406870043][/DOUBLEPOST]And no, I'm not rolefishing. It seems that word is pretty important to your role, unless you lied about that.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Scarecrow, post: 1480378, member: 37446"]He said it was.[/QUOTE]
Uh, scrow?
[QUOTE="Madwaltz; emphasis mine, post: 1478455, member: 39875"]Alright, if everyone could include the word "plum" in their next post, it might help me get a read on your alignment. Yes, seriously.[/QUOTE]
I feel like I pointed this out already. This is what led me to believe it was a reaction test in the first place.
Also, why don't you like reaction tests? If done correctly, they can be very telling.

[QUOTE="CuccoLady, post: 1480534, member: 30977"]"For this reason, I bid Daos... do share with us, if you will... any thoughts you have had, from studying the interactions that so interest you? Have you any inklings or leanings, one way or the other? If not, I find you no more helpful than Sir Nobody, at this point, who claimed similar, noncommital arguments."[/QUOTE]
Are you thinking Daos is scum, or just not helpful?

Ooh, I like all these themes. but I like Game Show Mafia the most.

re: 560 MW is a pretty analytical player from what I understand, so I'm operating under the assumption that he hasn't found the time or energy to..well..analyze the game.

[QUOTE="CuccoLady, post: 1480710, member: 30977"]"I do agree that those who fail to act in ways productive towards our noble cause are worthy of suspicion.

"I do not agree that any such rule, institution, or legislation ought to be instilled. Instead, let us look at such content-- such lack thereof, rather-- and use those to root out the evil of heart, as you have suggested.[/QUOTE]
/barn

[QUOTE="softguitar; emphasis mine, post: 1480715, member: 37690"]Lady Soft Loot pondered upon Lady Cucco's wise words.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[QUOTE="ZeldaGirl, post: 1480806, member: 21628"]Everyone, what are your reads?
Also, S1x, I wonder if next "game day" we should start a new topic? So that at least people mentally can get back into the game without being daunted by it's size.[/QUOTE]
I'll be supplying my reads asap! It's on my list of things to do!
I also agree with the new topic suggestion.

[QUOTE="metal boxes METAL BOXES; notes in italic mine, post: 1480838, member: 29448"]Something irks me about NPR's last post. Maybe it's because I'm a lot more un-serious when I play mafia than a lot of people and am more prone to making posts that don't really have anything productive to say aside from a cheap laugh or two, but I don't think so. NPR has posted three times today. First was to attack the ghost. The second was to remind everybody that we should not just focus on attacking the ghost. The third was to say that anyone who makes a post just regarding the dice minigame is auto-suspicious and he'll totes find time to call them out on their behavior. please see footnote 1.

The Daos post that Kat just quoted stood out to me as well. "I DUNNO WHY TAZY ACTED SCUMMY MYSELF BUT..." just rubs me the wrong way. footnote 2

That being said Daos' last post is why I'm kinda conflicted to be completely against ian right now. I need to look back just to make sure but I think I've also seen a few times where ian has seemed really scummy, got lynched, and flipped town. Or maybe he's mafia and Daos is mafia and they're scumbuddies. Or maybe they're just misunderstood. I think Ian just might be a natural scumbag in general regardless of mafia (i'm just kidding ilu ian always and 5ever). I need to go back to the past few mafias and see how many times Ian has been lynched and flipped town before I make any superstrong judgments on the matter. footnote 3

i do love you all 4[/QUOTE]
1) Yeah, he just sorta does this. It irks me, too, but it's unfortunately not alignment-indicative at all.
2) I didn't even read into that part. Good catch.
3) I actually tend to read ian as town; whenever he's scum I pick up on it mid-game, typically.
4) I luv u 2 bby

[QUOTE="Daos, post: 1481029, member: 24674"]I'm allowed to change my mind whenever I want. :tongue:

Yes I did day I think one of those 3 are mafia and here is why. I think Ian has LESS of a chance of being mafia and one of the other two ARE mafia and trying to make a case against him. But if I'm wrong, and note I could be, there is a chance that Ian IS mafia.[/QUOTE]
This is at least as bad as the other post I called out. There's changing your mind, and then there's not making up your mind in the first place...

Scarecrow, have you ever knowingly been a townie power role?

[QUOTE="CuccoLady, post: 1481230, member: 30977"][[in b4 ian is indie lmao]][/QUOTE]
re: 594 if he is indie we proceed in the case of him being town, because he's a seperate faction from the scumteam so behaviorally scum is going to be the same as they would if he were town.

And yeah, for all of you intimidated by the game size...in my second game ever, I spent the first two game days on vacation and caught up N2. The first two days were 29 pages, and by the time I started posting content, the game was an additional 8 pages into D3. 30 posts/page. If I can do it at the level I was at back then, so can you! <3
yay nostalgia yay

Soft: I want to reread the game before answering your question. That's the next thing I'm going to tackle.

HOLY **** MY EXTRA VOTE ACTUALLY HIT?!? AAHAHAHAHAHA GET OWNED IAN

[QUOTE="monstrman, post: 1481379, member: 37253"]"Ian is probably going to flip town but I could vote him on the offchance I'm wrong"[/QUOTE]
625 you can't vote a dead man!! And that's the only way you can really know you're wrong! Unless...you know his alignment...... :shifty:

d2? I wanna roll a d2.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

S1x

Post by S1x » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:06 pm

(that's called a coin ;) )
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 200 character limit.

Squeege

Post by Squeege » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:10 pm

The biggest things I see against Ian are that he was one of the worse votes on the Blras wagon, and his miller claim (I think ZG is right that he tends to claim early as scum). I don't see any super townie posts, but nothing super scummy either. 331 was what made me think he was town originally, because it was good reasoning. With Blras being town, I'm not quite as convinced though.

Vote IAN

If we don't lynch him now, it's going to come back to bite us in the endgame. And it'll give us more to look at tomorrow.[DOUBLEPOST=1407276617,1407276473][/DOUBLEPOST]To answer you Kat, I'm still finding Monstr unreadable. For what it's worth, he's playing very similar to his last game, which probably means he's town.

ZeldaGirl

Post by ZeldaGirl » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:12 pm

[QUOTE="S1x, post: 1481336, member: 22447"]Dice
softguitar has: two d4
CuccoLady has: one d6
Squeege has: three d8
Loot has: three d10
Kat has: four d12
Panfan has: three d20
Out of dice: i am nobody, NPR, monstrman, thanous, ZeldaGirl
Everybody else has: one d10

Eukaryotes
i am nobody: Kat, softguitar, CuccoLady, ZeldaGirl (4/9)
NPR: monstrman (1/9)
capcommaster: Scarecrow (1/9)

Choose the next theme
Shiba Inu Mafia: softguitar, Panfan
Half-minute Hero Mafia: i am nobody, Loot, Daos
Game Show Mafia: thanous, CuccoLady, ZeldaGirl, monstrman, NPR

Extra time: ~10 hours (8 PM PST Tuesday)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1481387, member: 34539"]I prodded all of the low activity people collectively and all of them except Daos ignored me. Not sure what I'm supposed to do about that, really.

Everyone posted yesterday, yes, but very few of them posted anything meaningful. There's very little to say about any of that, and certainly nothing I can make a strong enough case to persuade anyone with.

I will find the flip funny because everyone has been so confident in their votes. You don't have to agree, but arguing about my own entertainment is a bit silly.

Not sure what the rest of it means. I didn't threaten to vote myself, I *did* vote myself. Actively encouraging my own lynch would also be a really weird way to stall in a game where it's very possible I won't even be lynched with a self-vote and two double votes against me. It would take very little effort if I actually wanted to stall.[/QUOTE]

The way you voted indicated to me it wasn't serious, but it was really recent votecount that made me think it did not go through.[DOUBLEPOST=1407276737,1407276639][/DOUBLEPOST]CL, ZG, soft, soft, kat, kat, squeege, ian

That's 8 votes, if I'm counting the doubles correctly. 7 if ian's vote did not actually count.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:14 pm

what is lynch threshold i'm in the middle of something
Why must you leave~?

ZeldaGirl

Post by ZeldaGirl » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:18 pm

^9 votes.[DOUBLEPOST=1407277131,1407277101][/DOUBLEPOST]Although to be fair the post above you quoted the source of that number... ;)

S1x

Post by S1x » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:20 pm

oh. The self vote counts, although I might want to start a discussion topic about those soon

Squeege

Post by Squeege » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Let's go ahead and throw my three dice at IAN

Also, Vote Gameshow Mafia, but I agree with people that we need to be careful about getting too much into the roleplaying.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:23 pm

i did?

at any rate thank you
Why must you leave~?

S1x

Post by S1x » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:26 pm

Squeege rolled 2, 3, and 1!

Please wait...

Return to “Mafia Headquarters”