Pokemon Mafia - MAFIA WIN!

Where Mafia, the party game, is played with VGF members.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

Squeege

Post by Squeege » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:35 pm

ian was something like an intention swapper
No, if that were the case, you would have died N3. IAN switched ZG/X-3, ZG killed Kat, and X-3 copied Kail. ZG would've killed Kail and X-3 copy Kat if it worked like that, but that's not what happened.

Plus if you look at both of your pms, they're worded exactly the same.
Ernie]Besides how did you decide who Thanous targets got bussed with if he got bussed twice? I technically could have blocked ZG from killing me on N2.[/quote] I think if there were two instances of bussing on one target wrote:almost[/i] makes sense, except he has that Tazy got redirected from Thany to ZG... and I'm not sure why (to be fair, Tazy was blocked anyway).

...and this is why two busdrivers in a small game is a bad idea.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:22 pm

It seems my role was the closest to vanilla, which is kind of amusing tbh.
A breakdown:
Spore would actually have been very useful and I strongly considered using it on Kail the night I died.
Toxic? Yeah, there's no townie motivation for using that.
Swagger had a 50% hit rate.
Will o Wisp didn't do anything.

On the multiple bus drivers: I liked the way TML did it in Time Traveler mafia. for reference: There was a town half and a scum half. Each of them picked a target, and they would swap. If one died, the other would gain full busdriving abilities.

I think pretty much anything else I wanted to cover was covered either by Squeege or in the dead thread. I STILL CANT BELIEVE NOBODY LYNCHED ZG OMG
(actually, on that: Tazy said he had a megapost that he couldn't get out before day's end D3. What happened with that? Also funny is that the only person that even remotely addressed my case was the other scum. Guys, you should always at least read what dead townies have had to say and follow up on it because, guess what? We're more confirmed than alive townies.)

Thaonus actually did pretty well for playing this game almost completely blind. I think that if he hadn't tunneled IAN the whole game he might have caught wind of what was really going on (trusting X-3 especially was good) and potentially win the game for us. I saw it wanting to come out but you were so convinced IAN was scum that you didn't really pressure anything else D:
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Erniewan

Post by Erniewan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:04 pm

Squeege wrote: I think if there were two instances of bussing on one target, he just ignored the bussing on that target. Seems like that's what happened with you on Thanous N2, and Tazy on ZG N3.

like if Thany/ZG and Thany/Panfan were bussed:

Target Thany --> resolves on Thany

That almost makes sense, except he has that Tazy got redirected from Thany to ZG... and I'm not sure why (to be fair, Tazy was blocked anyway).
That doesn't make sense to me, shouldn't targetting Thany redirect you to both ZG AND Panfan not just ignore it altogether? And yeah, Tazy getting redirected to ZG, I should have at least gotten that. Honestly I just think he ignored my action because I died.

Erniewan

Post by Erniewan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:10 pm

By the way, even though I am not satisfied with the way the night actions turned out (like Squeege said, 2 Bus drivers turned out to be not so great an idea), I think Kail and ZG played an excellent game, and outplayed the Town in the Day game. (I could have helped you guys if you had just helped me lynch X-3 instead of killing me though!)

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Oh yeah! I did have one other thing.

In future games, SC, it's a very good idea to map out your desired Night Action Resolution order before you start the game. It aids night action consistency.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Kail

Post by Kail » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:52 pm

not especially, squeege, i switched zigs and ian n3 to avoid her having her action messed with, and apparently i held priority over him.

... gonna second kat's thing though, that list is super handy.

Squeege

Post by Squeege » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:00 pm

But then X-3 wouldn't have hit Kail, he would've hit... ZG and X-3? I dunno how that would've been resolved.

Kail

Post by Kail » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:29 am

unless x-3 had priority over both of us, which is possible, i guess?

Return to “Mafia Headquarters”