This is stuff

Where Mafia, the party game, is played with VGF members.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

monstrman

This is stuff

Post by monstrman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:20 pm

Here, it goes

Kail

Post by Kail » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:41 am

What up, sucka. It's your favourite dead guy ever, Kail!

Here's the shorthand. We're masons now, and I am super dead with access to the dead forums. Congratulations on your promotion to Semi-medium.

Kail

Post by Kail » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:56 am

So here's the lowdown on my death, since I can tell you I knew there'd mostly likely be two deaths pretty early on in the night!

'Twas not a vigilante nor a serial killer that got me, but a filthy DUELIST. I sort of hope that (my guess is NPR) he/she/it reigns that **** in, because goddamn that is risky business.

Zigs has yet to send her regards, but I am sure she will when she learns of your promotion. What she has stated is that she's 98% sure there's an indy in this game, given the flavour of her role.

oh, she was basically the jack of all trades, so that's pretty depressing.

Aaaanyways, tell me about you! What side of the divide are you on? What sort of SUPA POWAZZZ do you have? Your life's goals and aspirations? Food allergies? Favourite colour?

because i can tell you right off the bat, i don't care if you're town, mafia, or indy, i will do all in my somewhat limited power to help you out. i'll do my level best to get the dead people to help out too! it'll be the best of times~

So uh yes. Do not die.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:58 pm

a duelist... like... yugioh!?

this **** is interesting.
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

Kail

Post by Kail » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Mm, shorthand there is the duelist can issue one challenge a night, and that challenge is the world's most extreme RPS game where the loser is promptly beaten to death. Not a role you wanna fire off all willy nilly. Unless you're suicidal. In which case uh. Whatever.

tell me about yoouuuuu

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:57 pm

I'm Prof. Oak, Town Professor. I can research a player every night and see whether or not they're Pokemon. Then the next night I can investigate them further if I so choose.

I'm not allergic to any particular food, and my favorite color is orange.

Kail

Post by Kail » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:45 pm

ugh, this is why i did the flat out softclaiming thing in the first place, to avoid talking about the theory of the ****. we can't really hunt down scum by just sitting in some bloody armchairs waxing theory.

also is it just me, or is npr playing a hilariously sloppy game?

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:51 pm

everyone seems kinda sloppy this game

like nobody really seems really focused, kinda like the second half of last game

Kail

Post by Kail » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:40 pm

goddammit, i am slightly sad i bit it, then. got anything you want me to try and look at, by the way? a workload halved, etc etc.

Kail

Post by Kail » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:01 am

I suppose it's worth stating that I was originally thinking of buddying up with timmle, but there's been something about him that's making me wary. I can't really ascribe words to it just yet, but yeah! No point in not saying that much, at least.

Kail

Post by Kail » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:16 am

Okay so Zigs and I were talking, and Timmle's for sure up to some ****. Not the happy go lucky kind of **** either. I get the feeling he's trying to force a sort of black-and-white on the 1up situation, sort of a "if you're suspicious, then step the **** up!" Zigs is viewing it as him goading people to not vote 1up, and I can see where's she's coming from with it. Previously mentioned black and white whatever, you get it. Her issue is this is out of character for him; that he'd outright defend a new or rusty player rather than the backhanded matter he's currently using.

This doesn't sit well with me at all. Timmle stating he doesn't care if poor 1up gets offed feels too much like he's distancing himself from the consequences of it. It just wreaks of "i am the puppetmaster HEH". Not a fan. Not at all.

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:01 am

I always get suspicious of TML because he's damn good at playing this game. I always tend to watch him a little more closely, and his posts about 1-up are definitely different for him.

I actually examined him last night, though all I know is that he's not a Pokemon. Definitely investigating him further tonight.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Just as an fyi, you can only investigate pokemon further. Investigating a result of "not pokemon" further yields no results.

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:18 pm

ah ok

thanks for the clarification

also i just realized i sent my night action already because I thought you ended the day, I guess keep in mind that that's what I intend to do unless something happens in the next like 5 hours

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:53 am

So I kinda expressed the out-of-character TML issue in the thread.

Also, Kail, do you or Zigzag have anybody you want me to investigate tonight in particular? I was originally planning 1-up, but with his roleclaim I'm thinking maybe somewhere else.

Kail

Post by Kail » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm of the opinion that 1up wouldn't be the worst target in the world for an investigation, given the nature of your role... Nurse Joy is for sure NOT a Pokemon.

Also, for funsies... The softclaim incident!

5. Kail -- Haunter, because I'm haunting you. GET IT??? Claimed first, kicked off the whole thing.
8. Daos -- Wobbuffet, mentions his role is very annoying, "lol". Claimed second.
10. Kat -- Kadabra, rolled with the softclaim with a "this is interesting". Claimed third. Currently inactive.
1. Erniewan -- No softclaim, what a lamer. Seems unsure how to ascribe a pokemon to his role.
12. Panfan -- Professor Oak, and a decent fellow!
6. x-3 -- Chansey, explicitly not Nurse Joy due to devious and complicated reasoning. Claimed fourth.
3. IAN -- Abra, mentions that this is as close as he could think of to his role. Claimed fifth.
2. March -- Piplup, prefaced the statement with "hmm". Claimed sixth.
9. TML -- Rattata, is a human character, mentions he chose rattata based on twisted logic. Claimed seventh.
11. NPR -- Didn't softclaim, citing it might out players who are actually pokemon. I suspect the fellow's the duelist, but that's a story for another day (re: if it become pertinent)
4. ZG -- Dead, also an eevee.
7. 1-up Salesman -- Claimed Nurse Joy outright.
13. SK -- and i quote: "Sorry for not posting til now! I had a midterm I was wigging out about and then was gone for 3 days to a music fesitval. I am up to speed and have my suspicions but will need to reread more indepth before I make any strong accusations. Just know that I am here!" Behold, his entire contribution to the game.

Now, the actual softclaims themselves are not important in the slightest. The chain of events? So much more interesting!

If you don't feel like verifying if 1up is not a Pokemon, then I'd say check Ernie, IAN, or March.

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:31 pm

1-up is verified not pokemon

Kail

Post by Kail » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:39 am

I am both pleased and saddened by this. Anyhow, now that the night's finally over, it is time to get some wicked sweet readin' done. Partially sad I don't get to stir **** up, but so it goes! I'll see what I can do about getting a list of people cheered from Marchio.

monstrman

Post by monstrman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:21 am

the night phase is never over. Not really.

Kail

Post by Kail » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:30 pm

well hm, seems ol' march cheered zigs n1 and 1up n2.

- - - Updated - - -

oh

ohohohohoh

is daos claiming watcher or tracker? golly i hope it's tracker!

Return to “Mafia Headquarters”