If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Monty Python's Flying... Mafia - Roles

Where Mafia, the party game, is played with VGF members.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

I am nobody

Monty Python's Flying... Mafia - Roles

Post by I am nobody » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:07 pm

Might still make some changes to these, but I think they're basically done. The only big thing left to do is figure out exactly what I'm doing for unlocking abilities.

The balance is 7-2-1, with the 1 being an indie that can't directly kill, but does benefit from any death that doesn't end the game. The town is pretty powerful, but has a lot of ways of shooting itself in the foot, and the two mafia are direct counters to some of the more threatening town roles.

VGF didn't like my formatting from OneNote, so this is a bit of a mess:
  1. King Arthur, Town
  1. Camelot is a silly place - Actions targeting you are delayed until halfway through the following day
  2. I am Arthur, King of the Britons - May doublevote once. This doublevote cannot result in an immediate lynch and may not be retracted.
  3. I order you to be quiet! - You may invoke your Divine Right to overturn any lynch and extend the day phase by 36 hours. You must cast a new vote immediately.
  4. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! - Using "I order you to be quiet!" will result in a peasant revolution following your vote. From this point on, you may continue posting, but have no abilities, cannot vote, and do not count towards the town total. The resulting anarchy prevents the mafia from winning until the next dawn, regardless of the current player count.
  1. The old man from scene 24, Town
  1. What is your favorite color? - No effect
  2. What is your name? - Learn a player's action titles
  3. What is your quest? - Learn a player's win condition
  1. The Spanish Inquisition, Mafia
  1. Our three weapons are fear - Abilities used on target have a 50% chance of failing. Mafia actions are excluded.
  2. Surprise - Prevent target from taking an action
  3. And an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope - Can use Fear or Surprise and continue posting in the Mafia forum even after death.
  1. The Blancmange, Independent
  1. Man turns into Scotsman - Once per night, you may turn a player into a Scotsman. This is permanent, but has no effect beyond causing all mod communications to take place in Scots.
  2. They mean to win Wimbledon! - You immediately win the game if there are ever more Scotsmen, including yourself, than non-Scotsmen human roles left alive.
  3. Ah! You see, that's how it starts! - You may also turn a player into a Scotsman at the halfway mark of each day, but must do so
  1. A Man with…, Town
  1. …A tape recorder up his nose - Leave a message of up to 20 words to be displayed on your death.
  2. …A tape recorder up his brother's nose - Record a message from another player to be displayed on their death.
  3. And now for something completely different! - If a town player you have previously used "…A tape recorder up his nose brother's nose" dies, you may opt to permanently replace this ability with that player's "a" ability.
  1. Mr. F. G. Superman, Town
  1. This is no ordinary man - All abilities are unlocked from the start. If a town player dies and you have voted for them within the last 24 hours, you must choose one of your abilities to permanently deactivate.
  2. Bicycle Repairman - Protect target against killing actions
  3. Our hero! - Target can act twice the following night. May not use same action twice.
  4. Mash the dirty Red scum! - Your actions fail when targeting mafia players. You are not notified.
  1. Harold The Clever Sheep, Mafia
  1. Those are sheep, aren't they? - You investigate as a random town player.
  2. Once they get an idea into their heads, there's no shifting it - Choose a character. Your role will be displayed as this for all purposes until one day after your death.
  3. The commercial possibilities of ovine aviation - If successful, your kills do not reveal the target's role.
  1. Brian, Town
  1. I'm not the Messiah! - You cannot claim this role
  2. He's a very naughty boy - Mafia actions against you cannot fail, but "I'm not the Messiah" deactivates.
  3. Alright, I am the Messiah! - Resurrect a player who has been dead for at least two nights.
  4. Now **** off! - Immediately after using "Alright, I am the Messiah!", exit the game
  1. Cheese Connoisseur, Town
  1. No, no, no. Don't tell me. I'm keen to guess - You may guess one character each night and received a "yes" or "no" answer as to whether it is in the game.
  2. Will you shut that bloody dancing up!? - If you guess incorrectly three nights in a row, you may guess twice on subsequent nights.
  3. What a senseless waste of human life - If any player lies to you and admits it, you may daykill them. This must take place within 24 real hours of the admission and can only be used once.
  1. The Bishop, Town
  1. We was too late! - May send the player that will die tonight a warning. They'll have a chance to change their action, but cannot prevent their own death.
  2. Help! Help! - You will be warned at the start of the day if there is any way that any player can win that day.
  3. We'll be right over! - Learn the game's starting alignment count.

Return to “Mafia Headquarters”