If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

G3ntl3m3n's Chall3ng3 3pisod3 Thr33! (See, it gots 3's where the E's should ought to be.)

Moderator: X-3

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:32 am

Okay. Just for the sake of getting things underway, I'm going to challenge you, IRHP. How does 'Rhythm Thief' sound? Huh? Huh?!? (*flared nostrils*) (*scary eyes*) (*nipples spinning wildly out of control*)

It is 12:38 AM on Wednesday, March 8th, as I write this. I sit in a small house outside Plaza, North Dakota, babysitting my sister's children while she tends bar and her beau watches her tend bar. Blizzard conditions. The wind is a distant roar. My Wii lies a sixteen-hour train-ride away. Somewhere in the darkness, the King in Yellow smirks.

...so. One month. We all have from now until April 8th to have at our games. Best of luck to us all.
boo-----------------------few who look upon his yucky elongated wiggle-hands live to tell the tale

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:12 am

I like the sound of disorderly papilla rotating so I accept the challenge.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:13 pm

I'm reassigning [USER=30977]@Apollo the Just[/USER] to play Earthbound/Mother 3 because she's going to anyway
Carthago delendum est

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:14 pm

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me. :,)

I'm reassigning ML from Nintendogs to BotW for the same reason. We have reached an external agreement.
~ * ~ a true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved ~ * ~

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:09 pm

I am reassigning both of you to E.T for 2600.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:51 pm

i'm reassigning myself to playing my game after i return home from dakota

it seems to make a strange sort of sense, if one thinks about it
boo-----------------------few who look upon his yucky elongated wiggle-hands live to tell the tale

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:44 am

I actually beat the game I was assigned!!! Shoutout to ML for cheating the system with me to accomplish this feat.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:17 am

cheater cheater pumpkin eater

why is everyone but me so evil

('because you are true, faithful and honest; native-born son of wisconsinniest stock', whispers a tiny voice somewhere deep within-------------'hells bells, your dyedushka has a street in green bay named after him')

^seriuosly though gud job duder (*salute of eternal respect*) (*cross-chop of eternal respect*) (*double thumbs-up whilst drooling down shirt-front of eternal respect*) (*getting torn apart by wild dogs of eternal respect*)

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 am

I am really enjoying Sly 2 so far. It's so strange to see this game improve on Sly 1 in every way. It wasn't a bad game but it was definitely a platformer with a thief aesthetic and certain mechanics to help with that idea. Sly 2 pretty much expands on that and every level actually feels like you're working on a heist so far. I'm on the third level and aside from a few nitpicks it's really blowing me away. We'll see if it keeps this up as I go on.

VG_Addict

Post by VG_Addict » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:32 am

Might have to give Sly 2 a try.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:50 am

Yeah, 'Sly 2' is pretty hype.

Actually, I liked 'Jak 2' better than the original, too. And man, but did 'Going Commando' improve on R&C. Not that there was anything strictly wrong with R&C, but ''Going Commando' introduced the weapon-levelling mechanic. Also the ship-combat. I loved that biz, man.

Gee, but there hasn't been any new news about the 'Sly Cooper' movie lately, has there. Wonder if Sony mothballed the project after botching hell out of the R&C flick.

Random User

Post by Random User » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:48 am

Surgeon Simulator so far has been all right. Good for a whacky physics game, but some of the challenges for achievements are plain frustrating.

Random User

Post by Random User » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:04 pm

I finished! Or, at least, I got the achievement for finishing "all" of the procedures. There's still a decent amount of content to go through, though, so I'm gonna keep playing to see how many achievements I can grab before the round is up.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:35 pm

I'm decently into Mother 3. There is a very very good chance I will have beaten both assigned games by the end of this period. Obsession makes us capable of great things :,)

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:39 pm

What's the end of the period? I could finish BotW at any time if I stopped dicking around in the overworld.
Carthago delendum est

Random User

Post by Random User » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:01 pm

[QUOTE="Marilink, post: 1625856, member: 23215"]What's the end of the period? I could finish BotW at any time if I stopped dicking around in the overworld.[/QUOTE]
April 8th, I think.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Yup, April 8th.

Good job on your progress so far, gang.

...I've taken the important first step of locating my copy of 'Overkill'. No telling how much closer than that I'll get.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:19 pm

All right, I should get it done by then.
Carthago delendum est

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:41 am

On what I presume to be the last stage. There's technically "two" but the last one doesn't have a vault and I presume it to be the final boss. Shouldn't take too long.

It's definitely gotten tougher. Also the last two stages weren't really all that different in terms of the world really (Jean Bison's worlds specifically) but the quality of the missions is still holding up for the most part. Unless the last stage is some flavor of awful this is definitely a favorite of mine.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:16 am

I DID IT GUYS

I would like to thank the academy,

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”