If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

G3ntl3m3n's Chall3ng3 3pisod3 Thr33! (See, it gots 3's where the E's should ought to be.)

Moderator: X-3

I am nobody

Re: G3ntl3m3n's Chall3ng3 3pisod3 Thr33! (See, it gots 3's where the E's should ought to be.)

Post by I am nobody » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 pm

It didn't register how much time I was losing to Thanksgiving travel and waiting for my Wiimote to arrive, but I'm probably going to squeak by a few days before the deadline.

I've started the City in the Sky now, and the last two hours have really been a gallery of this game's problems. I'll save most of that for the review so I'm not repeating myself, but the tl;dr version is that, wow, it really isn't 2006 anymore. We've learned a lot about motion controls and how they should (or shouldn't) be used since then, and a lot of the things that we're awesome to middle-school, new to 3D games me are just basic expectations now.

There's still a lot to like about it, but it's starting to feel like a case of death by a thousand annoyances.

ScottyMcGee

Re: G3ntl3m3n's Chall3ng3 3pisod3 Thr33! (See, it gots 3's where the E's should ought to be.)

Post by ScottyMcGee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:13 am

I lost track of what's going on. Are we starting a new round? I'm free for a December round.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:08 am

The current round ends today.

I'm also up for a December round, but I'd need to have a short game picked. Already have a ridiculous amount I'm trying to finish this month.

Jingle Jangle Kat

Post by Jingle Jangle Kat » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Legit got the last entry at like noon today because I am a real adult! In other news, trying to finish a Pokemon game in two weeks was an incredibly silly idea.

I guess technically I'm sitting out this month since I picked my own games I wanna do.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Well here's my modified list. I put games that I plan on leaving at home while everything else I'm taking with me when I move out.
Spoiler.
N64:
Jet Force Gemini (never beat Mizar)
Hercules the Legendary Journeys
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (this game punches you in the face. repeatedly.)

GC:
Viewtiful Joe (so goddamn close but the boss rush is hell)
Soul Calibur II (I lost this game years ago and also lost my save data. GF bought me a new one a while ago)

GBA:
Sword of Mana
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (OH HEEEYYY totally forgot that I had this lying around)

DS:
Lost Magic (halfway maybe?)
Final Fantasy IV
Custom Robo
Phantasy Star 0

Wii:
Xenoblade Chronicles
Arc Rise Fantasia
Metroid: Other M
Nights: Journey of Dreams
Kirby's Dream Land 2 and 3 (from Kirby's Dream Collection)

PSP:
Star Ocean: The First Departure
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Ultimate Ghosts ‘n Goblins (haha. awkward laugh)
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (Didn't unlock many things or get the true ending - something like that)

PS:
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
Chrono Cross

PS2:
Final Fantasy X-2
Tales of the Abyss (A little more than a quarter of the way through)
Kingdom Hearts
Spy Fiction
Tak and the Power of Juju
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

PS3:
Bayonetta
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (haha idk wtf is going on in this game anymore)
Dark Souls
Tales of Xillia
L.A. Noire
White Knight Chronicles (Oh God, but this game is horrendous. I've been thinking about actually selling this.. . .Maybe. I want to finish it but then when I play it, I want to slip into a coma.)

Currently playing (jumping around these):
Ys II (second part of Ys I & II Chronicles)
Star Ocean Till the End of Time (PS2)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (literally all I need to do is beat the final boss but I keep getting my ass kicked. All I need to do.)
Persona 5 (recently started breezing through this game after I was in a rut and put it down for a while)
Final Fantasy XII (really want to finish this before the new year)

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Filtered down to what's short enough:
Spoiler.
PC:
Anodyne
Analogue: A Hate Story
Ittle Dew
Pajama Sam
Portal
Rage
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Spec Ops: The Line
Transistor

Nintendo Handheld:
F-14 Tomcat
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (will try to track down a copy, but might have to be Totally Real GBA™)

Nintendo Console:
Rampage World Tour (despite it being pretty obvious that this one was never good)

Sony:
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”