31 Days of Games You Might Be Interested In 2018!

Moderator: X-3

Booyakasha
Supermod

Re: 31 Days of Games You Might Be Interested In 2018!

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Marilincarnation wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:53 pm
I’ve heard so many good things about Blast Corps, but I’ve just never gotten to play it. Looks like a blast though.
it has 'blast' right in the title

Do you have a functional N64?
boo---------------best doggone dog in the west

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:59 pm

I do, but I’ve never found a copy.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:02 am

On the 28th day of December, I gave back to my true love...

4 Demon Kings: Okage: Shadow King

Perfect For:
- When you need something at least 10% like a claymation film.
- Some good old turn based RPG goodness.
- Hiding when your shadow has been messed with by some demon lord.

What You Need- Playstation 2 or 4.

How demons are portrayed differs between the west and the east. For the west, demons are seen as the epitome of evil and the worst of mankind. But in the east, they are seen as wildlife, traveling haphazardly through the world. Rather than a beast dedicated to the fall of mankind, they are like bears if they were made for killing people or just being overly grotesque. They're the backbones for fables either fueled by an emotion that clouds their judgement or needing food from people. So like goblins. It's why they see no issue using Christianity figures in morally gray situations where they can be pitied. I bring this up because there's a character that rules all of darkness in Okage and his name is Stan. Evil King Stan. About as subtle as a train at 3 A.M.

Ari makes a deal with Stan to save his sister from swine flu. At first it seems he got the better end of the deal controlling poor Ari into destroying his town but there is a problem, and it's that no one is afraid of him. If anything they think he's funny. It turns out that over the years a bunch of people took pieces of Stan's power and are now masquerading as False Kings in his stead. If he wants that power to return he needs to defeat all the other kings and Ari has no say in the matter it seems. So do you like turn based RPGS? Because that is just what Okage is with enemies you see in the overworld. Combat itself is put together with attacks and magic over a sort of Active Time Battle system in place. But what really sells the game is its off the wall story and characters that will surprise with its blunt tone of fickle NPCs with you being a miserable loser on the bottom of the rung. It's quirky and a must have for any fan of the genre. Just try not to be too much of a failure, will you? King Stan is watching after all.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:31 am

On the 29th day of December, I got from a Kickstarter...

3 Mad Hens: 100% Orange Juice

Perfect For:
- Anime Enthusiasts
- If you like Mario Party but all your friends hate you because you win all the time.
- If you recognize any of the characters in this game.

What You Need- You must have (1+) Computer.

What happens when a company puts all its franchises together into one game? Usually it's pretty magical, with Smash Brothers being a premier example. Kingdom Hearts is another good one. Sony All-Star Battle Royale.... it tried? Uh... The last Marvel Vs. Capcom game was alright...? Damn it. Well I really don't care if you've never heard of Orange_Juice or their series of SHMUPs because I'm gonna sell you on this board game video game and NOBODY CAN STOP ME!

Some creature calling herself Marie Poppo is going around stealing things from all your favorite Orange_Juice characters. Now they not only have to catch her, but also deal with their own personal issues in a board game high in the sky for some reason. Stop questioning things or I'm going to deck you. So, everyone starts at a home panel with a multitude of spaces. Each feeds into one of our two win conditions. You can either collect stars or win battles, then get to a home space to level up and pick whether you want to level up next in stars or battles. Level up five times and you win! But not everything is simple. Before the game starts you pick from a group of cards that you have obtained, and it gets shuffled into a deck with everyone else's choice. These cards can then be used to affect yourself and lay traps for others, though you need to pay stars to use them and your leve may block you from some of the cards you can pull. You can also battle an enemy or other players for wins and some stars if you can win. Each battle is one round where the instigator attacks first before switching to defense. On offense all you can do is roll a dice and it will be attuned to your attack stat which can add or take away from the roll with a minimum of 1. On defense you can either defend to absorb the damage depending on your dice roll, or evade the attack all together though you have to get a higher dice roll to swing it, otherwise you eat all the damage. Aside from each character having different stats they also have unique Hyper cards they are very powerful and can turn a game around completely if used just right. It's not entirely functional on its own as everyone needs to have a copy if you intend to play with friends, but I say you should give it a chance. Also, leave your attitude at the home panel. Killing people over a game is crazy. Don't be crazy.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:00 pm

I think I've had 100% Orange Juice for years but haven't played it yet.
Competition is a good thing. It's a chance to crush people.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:58 am

That logo looks refreshing.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:26 am

I need to revisit 'Okage'. I liked the story, and I have a bit of a soft spot for the 'hero with a devil on his shoulder' trope.
boo---------------best doggone dog in the west

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:02 pm

On the 30th day of December... um...

2 Orcs with Guns: Blackthorne

Perfect For:
- Your embittered friend still pining for the 90's.
- When you've finally convinced someone that the Lost Vikings didn't debut in Heroes of the Storm, but now they want Lost Vikings 3.
- Instructing others on how to overthrow a government of orcs.

What You Need- SNES, PC, PC-98, Sega 32-X, and Game Boy Advance

When I was a kid, I remember being introduced to the darker and more violent themes of comic books through Turok, Spawn, and Kaine from Spider-Man's Clone Saga for what that's worth. Their popularity and quality is unimportant because it was this idea of tough characters murdering evil monsters with reckless abandon for the sake of humanity. Not Kaine though he was literally a murderer. But the rest are cool. With this in mind, let's go see how Kyle is doing and see another classic Blizzard Platformer. We are now out of Blizzard platformers- They made Justice League Task Force?!?!

Lore, Lore, Lore, Lore. King can't figure out which son to take the throne so he takes them to the desert and dies so he can become stones. One gets a light stone, and another gets the dark stone. Dark stone gets rejected so that kingdom turns into monsters. Sarlac takes the power of this empire and seizes the empire of the light stone but not before its king sends his son to earth. There, this son (Kyle) goes into the military until he gets court-martialed. After this he gets called back to his home planet and with his trusty shotgun he goes about freeing his people. Blackthorne is a platforming game in much the same way as other puzzle platformers were at the time with everything being deliberate and physics are more of a suggestion than a rule. Each area has you navigating areas in order to get bombs, keys and other items to escape their mazes. Along the way, you'll run into the malformed evil creatures and they also have guns. Luckily, combat is handled in such a way that the entire world exists in two planes: Normal and Bullet-Free zones. You can either shoot or hide and it can give a sense of nerve fraying as you and your enemy take turns shooting and hiding. Luckily, if you want Kyle can also shoot behind him for extra cool guy points. So, all that's left is to cash in those points and defeat the evil Sarlac. Just don't shoot any of the prisoners. They're relying on you, you know.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 pm

On the 31st day of December, my true love gave to me...
31 Suitors Racing
30 Eldritch Daughters
29 Sushi Rolls
28 Flying Platforms
27 Souls
26 Expelled Students
25 Golems Swimming
24 Rounds of Soccer
23 Rousing Adventures
22 Bloody Feuds
21 Foraged Mushrooms
20 Deadly Techniques
19 Teleport Crystals
18 Strange Fish Dancing
17 Pathways Splitting
16 Nights For Demons
15 Giants With Dwarves On Them
14 Floors a Burning
13 Puzzle Pieces
12 Jotaros Ora-Oraing
11 Witches Stealing
10 Temple Puzzles
9 Stolen Aircraft
8 Starscreams Screaming
7 Ghosts Exploding
6 Dump Trucks Drifing
5! Weird Camera Shiiiiiiiifts!
4 Demon Kings
3 Mad Hens
2 Orcs with Guns

AND A...

AIN'T NOTHING LIKE A FUNKY BEAT: LETHAL LEAGUE BLAZE

Perfect For:
- People that say "Anyone For Tennis?".
- If you like or even hate Smash Brothers.
- If you need a rush of adrenaline in about a minute's time.

What You Need- A Computer, and in March 2019 you can play it on Switch, PS4 or the XBone.

Once upon a time there was a game called Lethal League and it may not have gotten the attention it deserved. The game delivered high paced gameplay and unique characters, but that list of characters was small and there wasn't much to do, especially if you can't or won't play online. But Team Reptile didn't give up on the idea, as it made enough noise to spawn a sequel. Now put Smash Brothers down for a moment or two, and I'll tell you why you should play this game in 2019.

In Shine City, it is illegal to play with an anti-gravity ball. Probably because of the wacky s**t that happens when you hit it. However, people have continued to play in spite of the ruling pushing the sport underground. They were dubbed the Lethal League. Each of our characters have something to prove and the means with which to prove it!! It's as simple as that: you're hitting a ball around with the hope of hitting your opponent and not getting hit yourself. Each time someone gets hit they lose a life and once all lives are lost that person is out. This also means that you're taken down in one hit with very few exceptions. To avert this, you must hit the ball which assigns it to you and render you immune until someone else hits it. With each hit the ball goes faster and faster until it's going so fast that each hit stops time to emphasize the power behind it. Eventually, it'll be hard to see what's happening as you have to watch for and hit the ball yourself. It can get pretty crazy, especially with four people playing. On top of that, each character has a special ability that makes them even more of a threat and might catch an opponent off guard. One can just grab the ball and rethrow it, and another can hit it through walls and floors so it spits out the other side. There's plenty of game modes, unlocks, and extra little things that will keep you occupied for a while, at the very least. The artstyle breaths style and it's probably one of the best Smash derivities out there. So long as your blood pressure can handle it.

That's 2018! I hope you enjoyed it. I'll see you all in 2019 where I've already resolved that I'm not going to change. If I do that, then I'm more likely to break it and change as a result. See? I'm thinking ahead.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:12 pm

Thanks for the list again, these are always neat.

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”