What are your thoughts on Game companies like Voodoo and ketchapp dominating the app market?

Moderator: X-3

Thunder_Crackle

What are your thoughts on Game companies like Voodoo and ketchapp dominating the app market?

Post by Thunder_Crackle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:45 pm

I see that they own the arcade genre in both Google and ios app stores, the thing that bothers me is that in the past we have seen articles about how they have copied indie games immediately once they see any success from their competitors. So does this matter to you? do you like their games?

https://www.quora.com/Is-Ketchapp-steal ... t-the-idea

https://kotaku.com/game-developers-i-go ... 1700977887

Booyakasha
Supermod

Re: What are your thoughts on Game companies like Voodoo and ketchapp dominating the app market?

Post by Booyakasha » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:55 pm

boo----------------xbox forum arm-wrestling champion

New! Tazy Ten

Re: What are your thoughts on Game companies like Voodoo and ketchapp dominating the app market?

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:11 pm

That is part of the issue with the market in phone games as it's still a really unmonitored mess and just about anything can be dumped into it. The only time this isn't the case is if someone raises a stink about it, which... that's what this is so maybe it'll get handled now?

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:40 pm

Who and what now?

I gave up on the mobile market years ago. I'm sure there are a handful of good games buried in there somewhere, but it isn't remotely worth the trouble of finding them amid all the trash.

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”