VGF Streamers Index

Moderator: X-3

Marilincarnation
Supermod
Location: What if we die and it turns out God is a big CHICKEN?? What then?!

VGF Streamers Index

Post by Marilincarnation » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:48 am

Hey Virginian Goat Fam,

The purpose for this thread is really simple. A number of us have started to stream, especially since streaming is growing in popularity as well as accessibility. Some of us are doing speedruns or skill runs, some are doing randomizers, some are just streaming whatever they darn well please. And it's all great.

Because it's great, we should know when and where all of our Very Good Friends are streaming, right?

If you're a streamer...

-Drop your stream profile in this thread, and I'll catalog it in the OP.
-If you want to give a quick description of what you stream or the games you typically play, go ahead and I'll format it accordingly.
-If you have a regular schedule you try to maintain, say that as well. Even if you don't have a regular schedule, do say how regularly you stream.
-When you go live, be encouraged to come into this topic and let people know--especially if you are more irregular with your streams. No need to worry about "shameless" self-promotion. That's literally what this thread is for.
-Contact S1x about getting listed on his Google Calendar of stream times.

If you're a viewer...
-Give your fellow Viggifers a follow!
-Check out this Google Calendar made by S1x for a visual representation of our regular streamers.
-Consider subscribing to this thread to see when people go live when you log onto our fair forum.

VGF STREAMERS LIST

HarkZero
Supporter

Re: VGF Streamers Index

Post by HarkZero » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:29 am

http://twitch.tv/ZeroJanitor

i will, on rare occasions, stream a playlist of vgm and hang out in chat. it's nothing fancy but i've got a now-playing bar and scrolling backgrounds so its at least nice to look at.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:29 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/katthebard

Mostly games I've been challenged to run, generally on Thursdays before s1x. Gonna be streaming less for a while, though
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

capcommaster1881

Post by capcommaster1881 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:09 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/capcommaster1881

I have been playing alot of Nier Automata but decided to stop playing that and play some older games like Castlevania and some older rpgs. Still working on a schedule but trying to make Sunday-Tuesday work. Lately been busy though but might get back to it tonight.

Jere

Post by Jere » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:35 pm

I stream seldom, when i do it's usally consoles or music... if im not bashing skulls in Warthunder

S1x

Post by S1x » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:18 pm

twitch.tv/s1xplus

I stream lots of retro and modern puzzle games, JRPGs, casual farming, random discs I find at the back of shelves, and other stuff that can be played from my computer.

I'm on every Thursday night starting around 11 Eastern. Sometimes I'm on other times of the week if it doesn't time conflict with other friends' streams.

I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!

Post by I REALLY HATE PRESENTS! » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:53 pm

I don't really watch live streams, nor do I myself stream. I'll probably check out these VGF streams out of curiosity though, DZ's sounds especially nice. I am kinda considering streaming the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, but I probably won't really get into it (streaming, not the game--I'll definitely be into the game).

Christmas PDN

Post by Christmas PDN » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:44 pm

I stream every now and again, and I stream a variety of games.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:07 am

I do a speedrun of Tales of Symphonia every Friday, starting 10:30am Pacific. Sometimes in cosplay. Will probably be playing some casual Zestiria after each run for the foreseeable future.

...sooooo just about every Friday - unless otherwise noted - I will be live for like 8 hours at least because a Symphonia run alone takes about 7 if you're gOOD (which I am not yet), and I like doing casual stuff after.

((am investing in a capture card as of my next paycheck, so quality will go dramatically up soon^tm))

capcommaster1881

Post by capcommaster1881 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Going to try to get back on schedule starting tonight. Just to update everyone I normally come on at 8 EST and have been posting when I do get on in the discord.

pixelated_penguin

Post by pixelated_penguin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi, my stream is on
^^. I'm streaming for the first time tonight. I'm practicing now but the stream will be "officially" on in maybe a couple hours. Friday after 5 is when I'll usually stream (for now).

What I plan to do: Super Metroid Randomizer (tonight), really hard Super Metroid romhacks, Tetris at a hardcore level (Nullpomino), The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth (if I can get it to run ok with OBS), insane Japanese horror RPGmaker games.

Marilincarnation
Supermod

Post by Marilincarnation » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:14 pm

Gonna stream an LttP speedrun tonight, first attempt ever. 8 o’clock or thereabouts.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sun May 13, 2018 7:51 pm

oh yeah so I started doing Stardew Valley multiplayer beta with the likes of s1x and MeowMan. Generally on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (times may vary, but sometime in the evening my time).
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

S1x

Post by S1x » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:43 pm

Starting tomorrow at about 8:30 Pacific (or about 30 hours from this message), I'm going to be doing my Thursday stream from Apollo's place and all our current stream memes will clash in awkward and hopefully amusing ways.

Then on Friday I'l be co-commentating his Tales of Symphonia runs, where I'll do my best to assist and distract simultaneously

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Hey I've thought about starting to stream stuff with my buddy in the near future. But I don't know jack about doing it. Any of you know any good guides or tips to getting started?

S1x

Post by S1x » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:59 pm

https://www.streambig.net/stream-big/th ... the-basics

Note the next link at the end of each article

Marilincarnation
Supermod

Post by Marilincarnation » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:54 pm

Is your question more related to the technical end of things, or the community-building end of things, Panfan?

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:30 pm

technical

Marilincarnation
Supermod

Post by Marilincarnation » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:50 pm

Gotcha. S1x’s Link is gonna be a huge help. The Streambig guys are all very good people. Basically you’ll need a capture card that’s compatible with the system you want to stream from, unless you’re streaming from PC in which case it’s very plug-and-play. You’ll have to do some research about Capture Cards depending on your platform.

As far as streaming software goes, I’d highly recommend OBS. It’s the most user-friendly software out there, and it’s free with no nagging.

Calamity Panfan

Post by Calamity Panfan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Yeah if we go through with it we're mostly starting off with PC but if we ever got it running I'd wanna eventually throw some console stuff.

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”