Your most-played game(s).

Moderator: X-3

Valigarmander
Supermod

Your most-played game(s).

Post by Valigarmander » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:47 am

If you count source ports/mods, I've definitely put the most hours into Doom II. I've played it countless times by myself, and it's my go-to online multiplayer game for co-op, deathmatch, or custom game modes. Not counting custom content, my most-played game might well be Diablo II. I played that game endlessly as a teen, and even did a number of multiplayer playthroughs over the years.

It's hard to tell what game I've played through from start to finish the most time. It might be either Super Metroid or Super Mario 64. Those games just never get old to me.

DarkZero
Supporter

Re: Your most-played game(s).

Post by DarkZero » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:10 am

in terms of total playtime, i have over 2000 hours in project m, over 1200 hours in smash 4 (between both versions), and over 600 hours in kirby air ride.

in total completed playthroughs, i think maniac mansion, super mario 64, and mega man 6 are the three biggest. i estimate i've completed each game at least 20 times.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:31 am

In terms of known playtime, it's osu!. The site shows 386 hours between the four game modes, but that doesn't include time in menus, so my real playtime is probably another 20-50% on top of that. Skyrim (374), Oblivion (273) (both with significant untracked offline time), and Overwatch (187) come after that.

But the real answer is probably from back when I only had a handful of games to play and usually no way of tracking total time. Civilization III Pokemon Gold and Sapphire/Emerald, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, and Melee/Brawl would all be contenders.

Total playthroughs is far and away Mirror's Edge if we're not counting party games. It's probably something like 40, but since most of them took about an hour, total playtime is almost certainly still less than one run of, say, Persona 5.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:19 am

Easily Street Fighter II if counting its iterations. Between Super Turbo, HD, and Ultra it is certainly quite a lot.

Pokemon Yellow and Silver were smashed by me, especially Yellow; I maxed the timer on 3x speed via Stadium many times. Smash Bros Melee deserves an honorable mention.
Last edited by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marilink
Supermod
Location: What if we die and it turns out God is a big CHICKEN?? What then?!

Post by Marilink » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:20 am

Raw hours: Probably Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon Y. There was a period of time in college when I was playing my 3DS at every waking opportunity. Melee is definitely up there as well, especially when you consider I’ve spent entire days on that game to go to tournaments and stuff.

Completed playthroughs: Super Mario Bros, Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 I play basically annually. For longer games, I’ve probably beaten Majora’s Mask around 10 times and Chrono Trigger maybe a little less.

Artemis008

Post by Artemis008 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:44 am

I've beaten Mario 3 more time's then I can count, certainly more then any other game. Skyrim I've never actually beaten but put a **** ton of hours into.

Random User

Post by Random User » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:44 am

Probably Mount & Blade: Warband. I've poured so much time into it, and whenever a new dope-ass mod comes out I find myself needing to download it and play it for another 30 hours.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:46 am

Definitely Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Me and Jenocide would play the game day in and day out. Soul Calibur 4, 5, and Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006 counts as well because the create a character stuff got me hooked so I played those for months too.

That's the secret. Give me the ability to make over ten characters and I'll never leave.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Doom - the original (I've played so many iterations of it)

Super Mario 64

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- I love coming back to this like once every two years or so. It's like rereading a good book.

GoldenEye 007
- Lord knows I played the **** out of this game when I was little

Super Smash Bros. (It's hard to say which one exactly so just all of them)

Mario Kart Wii
- I think out of all of them I played that one the most, only because I was in college during its time and I played with all my friends. Now I'm stuck in adult life forever and rarely play Mario Kart 8 with friends

Timesplitters 2 - Oh man, my next-door neighbor and I played this game so many times back in the day. I think I unlocked EVERYTHING in it.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - kind of my favorite game of all time, so naturally I've replayed it so many times.

Metal Gear Solid (1, 2 and 3)
: I've replayed those first three games so many times in college. I was close to learning how to do crazy speedruns.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:30 pm

It's REALLY hard to say, honestly, but these are the contenders:

- Tales of Symphonia (this is absolutely going to be the answer in a few months because I've decided to do a weekly speedrun of it starting next Friday, #oops)

- Ocarina of Time (I played this so stupidly much as a kid that it's probably still up there even though I haven't really touched it in a while)

- Paper Mario (see OoT)

- Persona 3 (this is only a contender if I add together play time of FES and Portable)

- SSBM (I played this game SO MUCH. Stupid house rule matches, adventure run playthroughs, dicking around training mode, actually playing with friends sometimes....... I sunk way more into this game than the vast majority of others.)

capcommaster1881

Post by capcommaster1881 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:32 pm

For me its got to be World of Warcraft or maybe even City of Heroes/Villains (even though thats gone now). I was a huge mmo player and still play WoW a bit when new stuff releases. CoH might be up there as when it was out I played that game practically into the ground. It was definetely ahead of its time with the ideas it presented and if it was still around I would still be playing it,

As for any other games, I have completed Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 a bunch of times. I am not sure on exact times I just know between those two I put alot of hours into beating them again and again.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:33 pm

With online games, it's easy to pile on a lot of hours. Around 2000, I played an awful lot of Ultima Online. Now I play a lot of The Settlers Online, though much of that is passive playing in another browser window. Not quite as passive as something like Cookie Clicker, which I would run constantly in the background.

Rise of Nations is my second most played game on Steam at 106 hours, but that's just a small fraction of what I put into the disc game.

My top Steam game is Victoria II, and I barely even scratched the surface on that. I haven't dove into any other Paradox games since, as I can see what enjoyable but massive time sinks they can be. I'd like to eventually and have plenty of them.

On SNES, I spent countless hours on Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, which I had to keep renting over and over because back then stores didn't sell Koei games. The other big game from that time for me was Final Fantasy II, which I replayed dozens of times.
Now I know there's a reason you shouldn't blame others when you do something wrong, and that reason is: you might get caught and have to apologize to a bunch of dumb peasants.

X-3

Post by X-3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:56 pm

Probably WoW. I also had a lot of playtime in Melee when I was younger, so much so that I've actually gotten sick of its sound effects and music. I've also played LttP to completion many times.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:24 pm

In terms of play time, Dungeons of Dredmor and Pokemon Emerald take the title, at a little over 700 hours and about 400 hours, respectively.

In terms of completed playthroughs, probably Earthbound or FFI? My biggest regret in life is that I've only completed FFVI once.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

thereisnospoon

Post by thereisnospoon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:09 pm

tough call, but I'm gonna say Halo 2? Especially because I got the MC edition, and have been playing it all over again in better graphics :P A true masterpiece

pepsibetsy

Post by pepsibetsy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Brawl/Melee, hands down.

Thennnn, probably things like Animal Crossing City Folk, Luigis Mansion, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic DX Director's Cut, Sims (can't remember which one, I think 3), Soulcalibur II, Pokemon Emerald and Diamond. I earned every dollar I had for my gamecube when I was like 11 or 12 so I played it alllll the time

*Fun fact, at my old forum home (GR) I created a gym! (we had a lot, honestly but I still felt awesome making one)* :yay:
I'm the girl who's kickin' the coke machine
Image pepsibetsy

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:16 pm

if you combined every single NBA 2K game since it's not vastly different from year to year, it would probably be 2K.

Brawl and Melee are definitely up there. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and 4 are as well. Ocarina of Time is definitely a big one too.

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 pm

^^A gym, huh? How did it work? :O
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:46 pm

WoW. No doubt at all.
boo----------------the furious little monkey

pepsibetsy

Post by pepsibetsy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:45 am

So you had the gym leader and several others before the gym leader that you battled, pretty much. :)

The leader was usually the creator of that gym. Sometimes the gym would only be a 4 people or up to 12... it was fun!
Sometimes it would be based on type, but mostly they didn't have a type, it was just random.
Mine was random, it was a gym of all the girls on the forum (we were only like 4 xD)
I'm the girl who's kickin' the coke machine
Image pepsibetsy

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”