The Crappiest Item(s) in a Video Game

Moderator: X-3

Artemis008

The Crappiest Item(s) in a Video Game

Post by Artemis008 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:44 pm

What are the absolute worst items you've ever used in a video game? Items so ungodly bad they makes you question your own existence.
For me it's probably Zero's Buster shot in Megaman X5. When you start the game gives you two choices, the fourth armor for X which makes platforming a breeze, or a pathetic buster shot for Zero that barely does any damage and stops you in place when you use it. Not to mention you can lose Zero as a playable character along with all his heart tanks and upgrades half way through the game, which is the biggest **** you in the series. To add insult to injury, the game doesn't tell you to pick between the weapons but the characters themselves meaning you could full well accidentally pick the Z Buster and unknowingly **** yourself over.

Marilink
Supermod

Re: The Crappiest Item(s) in a Video Game

Post by Marilink » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:51 pm

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:27 pm

Earthbound has a lot of those types of items but I like them. I always had Monkey's Love and Pair of Dirty Socks in my inventory.

The Mop from Chrono Trigger counts. I beat Lavos with it anyway because why not.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:55 am

pepsibetsy

Post by pepsibetsy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Goldeen Pokeball in ANY smash game - aaauuugggghhhhh

I'm the girl who's kickin' the coke machine
Image pepsibetsy

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:45 pm

Worthless loot in general. Especially blue or higher. It feels like such a rook, man.
boo----------------xbox forum arm-wrestling champion

SmackDownPete

Post by SmackDownPete » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:43 pm

The wooden shield in Bloodborne. It can't be upgraded, you are unable to parry with it, and it significantly reduces stamina regen. All it can conceivably be good for is stopping chip damage from ranged weapon mobs.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:03 pm

It's debatable whether or not a card counts as an item, but I hate this thing, so I'm counting it anyway.

Duelyst is basically a mashup of Hearthstone and something like Final Fantasy tactics. Your one free action every round is "replace", which lets you put a card back in your deck and draw a new one. It's a huge deal, and save for the very late game when you might be down to one card in your hand, you're almost always going to use it.

Enter the riddle. It costs two mana (you start at 3 and get 1 more every round up to a max of 8) to cast and will then go into your opponent's hand and stop the from replacing. But the card that usually spawns it is mid-game, and replacing is still critical at that point. So guess what your opponent does next round? Pass it right back to you. And then you pass it back to them. And on and on and on until somebody loses hot potato and needs the two mana more than they need being able to replace.

It can be used well, sure, but it's never fun.

Artemis008

Post by Artemis008 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:08 pm

The chaos emeralds in the original Sonic are absolutely pointless to obtain. It's no easy task carrying 50 rings through an entire level (most of which aren't very well designed) to get an OPPORTUNITY to get ONE emerald. The bonus game you play to get one is lame and also poorly designed. Rings that appear to guide you along a path will dump you out of the special stage and the bumpers are just plain annoying. To top it all off, your reward for doing this SIX TIMES is..... nothing.... Nothing at all. No really what the **** happened here, was it just not finished in time? I don't understand why they would set up this entire bonus game and not add a simple reward for completion.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:38 am

^You earned 1-ups & continues in the bonus stages. Also, it was back when people actually cared about score, & getting the emeralds was worth more points than just hitting the goals. Also, sometimes overcoming the challenge is its own reward.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”