If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

S O N I C F O R C E S

Moderator: X-3

Apollo the Just

S O N I C F O R C E S

Post by Apollo the Just » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:41 pm

Okay, I get it, Mania is heckin legit with a fantastic OST and a gameplay style we've been missing for years and a gorgeous improved "retro" style with a vibrant palette and fantastic creative re-imagined level design. Trust me, I'm hyped about Mania too, can't wait to get a Switch so I can play it.

BUT

CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT SONIC FORCES

BECAUSE I EARNESTLY BELIEVE THIS GAME IS GONNA BE THE MIX OF MEMES AND LEGIT QUALITY, IRONY AND UNIRONY, SELF AWARENESS AND YOLO, ON THE PART OF SONIC TEAM, THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.

First off...... your fricken OC Donut Steel is canon now. They actually went and put everyone's DA characters in the game, the absolute madmen. This is honestly the most brilliant move ST has pulled in a WHILE: a big risk, one that's demonstratively very aware of what people think of their franchise, but also one that they've put good thought into implementing.

And it's smart, because people have been simultaneously complaining that Sonic doesn't have enough variety in play styles (like in the Adventure games), and that the Adventure games suck and Sonic games should have a more defined gameplay focus.

The custom character gets a choice of 3 different wispons, and you can see playing through this stage with all of them how the stage changes with each:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HStmu3qJ2kM

I think this is brilliant, honestly. There's replay value in trying out different wispons without it being the same experience. Also, there is a lot more 3D in these environments than I was fearing - it's still somewhat linear, but when you think about it all the early game Adventure stages were relatively linear too and this is only the third stage in the game. Plus Sonic games are linear to an extent by nature. (That said there are a couple different paths through this stage so I'm hoping it'll feel fun and in-control platforming wise.) This gameplay actually looks really fun and I'm excited to try it out; it's like they took the good ideas from Sonic Heroes and built on them.

This bodes well honestly, I really want to play this game.

Also the story is exactly the kind of bordering-on-edgy-taking-itself-somewhat-seriously, kind-of-cheesy-but-you-can-buy-into-it-if-you-want **** that I love so much in all of my favorite titles. Getting some "my name is Shadow and I'm the Ultimate Weapon" Cool Bad Guy vibes with Infinite again and I'm stoked for it. Another I'm 13 and this is Dark Sonic Story? YES PLEASE, SIGN ME UP, I HAVE BEEN MISSING THIS.

I'm getting really excited, guys. I'm as disappointed as the next guy that Tails and other fun 3D characters aren't playable, but for what this game is it looks great. And at least the main cast is involved in the plot, even if it's just as "kssshhhhh - Knuckles reporting in, over".

Still a bit apprehensive about the inclusion of Classic Sonic, but eh, if they make it good I won't complain.

[aside, can we talk about that song about STAANDING UNIIITED that plays during the Double Boost because those are some Escape from the City lyrics and I am SOOOOOO HERE FOR IT. NEW ICONIC SONIC SONG PLEASE]

DarkZero
Supporter

Re: S O N I C F O R C E S

Post by DarkZero » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm

i'm glad someone else is on-board with forces because i've had a hankering for another pseudo-edgy Sonic game for a long time

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Right?? It's time we got another one and I'm so here for it.

Random User

Post by Random User » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:15 pm

I think Sonic is at its best when trying to be a bit edgy. I mean, that was always the point of Sonic.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:56 am

Fully agree. Embrace the edge. The Sonic Renaissance is upon us

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:38 am

I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT THE SONIC FORCES COMIC SERIES HAS DEBUTED, MORE HERE:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/stat ... 5075805184

also there have been more gameplay trailers and such it's all looking p lit

X-3

Post by X-3 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Sonic Force Yourself to Look Away

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:05 pm

X-3 WE ARE IN THE SONIC RENAISSANCE WITH NEW COMICS AND SONIC MANIA AND A NEW PROTO-EDGY SONIC GAME WHICH IS MAKING YOUR OC'S CANON, WHY ARE YOU HATING

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”