If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

VGF Speedrun Challenge: Mega Man X any%

Moderator: X-3

Valigarmander
Supermod

Re: VGF Speedrun Challenge: Mega Man X any%

Post by Valigarmander » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:49 am

I'm enjoying it. I never played Mega Man up until now (apart from a few minutes of some of the NES games), and while I still don't think I'm going to explore the series much, I can see why it's beloved by so many people. Nice music, too. Zero is a lame character though.

DarkZero
Supporter

Post by DarkZero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:17 am

nah i'm not sure i'll be able to do it this time

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:46 pm

oh dear I haven't been able to work at this at all
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Dux is not you

Post by Dux is not you » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 am

I finished my first attempt in about 1:30, badly timed.

My route was the usual Penguin, Eagle, Mammoth, Mandrill, Armadillo, Octopus, Kuwanger, Chameleon. I collected all the upgrades I could remember as I went (Eagle's heart, tank, helmet, Mammoth's heart, tank, buster, Mandrill's heart, Armadillo's heart and tank, Octopus's heart, Chameleon's heart and armor), and decided against repeating levels for the remaining items, though I made a refueling stop at Armadillo's before the final fight.

With some better route planning and less dying uselessly I could reduce this by a significant amount, and gain maybe ten minutes.

It's the first time I try speedrunning a game other than Super Mario Bros. 3. I could get used to this.

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”