If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Creative credits sequences

Moderator: X-3

Apollo the Just

Creative credits sequences

Post by Apollo the Just » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:01 am

Paper Mario has my favorite credits out of any video game I've played.

It has a cute little parade featuring the ENTIRE DANG CAST; it's funny and charming; the music has motifs calling back to all of the characters and bosses as they appear.... it's engaging, memorable, and fun. The credits themselves are also clear and legible so it doesn't detract from giving the people who worked on it the attention they're due. I dunno man, I don't think I've played another game with a credit sequence I loved as much as this one.

(Honorable mention to the Smash games for making them into a sweet shooter, though.)
~ * ~ a true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved ~ * ~

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:33 am

Best handling of credits ever imo was Chrono Trigger's secret ending. Mega Man 2 and some others had really great ones, too.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:24 am

[MEDIA=youtube]yXeHwKjkeuU[/MEDIA]

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:17 am

[QUOTE="Apollo the Just, post: 1639385, member: 30977"]Paper Mario has my favorite credits out of any video game I've played.

It has a cute little parade featuring the ENTIRE DANG CAST; it's funny and charming; the music has motifs calling back to all of the characters and bosses as they appear.... it's engaging, memorable, and fun. The credits themselves are also clear and legible so it doesn't detract from giving the people who worked on it the attention they're due. I dunno man, I don't think I've played another game with a credit sequence I loved as much as this one.

(Honorable mention to the Smash games for making them into a sweet shooter, though.)[/QUOTE] Y'know, Paper Mario cribbed the Parade ending from Mario RPG. just sayin' ;)

[QUOTE="е и ժ е я, post: 1639387, member: 25415"]Best handling of credits ever imo was Chrono Trigger's secret ending. Mega Man 2 and some others had really great ones, too.[/QUOTE] The developer ending of CT is pretty awesome, especially with Woolsey's...signature localization decisions.

[QUOTE="Valigarmander, post: 1639405, member: 30663"][MEDIA=youtube]yXeHwKjkeuU[/MEDIA][/QUOTE]The Melee credits are so good. I also really like the Smash 4 credits, but I miss the shooter minigame.

The only one that comes to mind for me right now (other than these 3) is Donkey King Country--particularly the fake credits that roll halfway through the K. Rool fight, which just lists different Kremling enemies as the devs of the game. That's funny to me every time.
Carthago delendum est

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:19 am

^ kay, credit where it's due to SMRPG then but PM still did it well. Have to play SMRPG to gauge who wore it better but Paper Mario's credits are great.

Those fake DKC credits are legendary.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:04 am

There's also an entire extra city in Terranigma populated by developers.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:10 am

Pokemon always has developers in some office building somewhere in the game, going all the way back to RBY.
Carthago delendum est

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:42 am

Portal's ending credits are hilarious.

Ocarina of Time's credits always holds a sweet spot in my heart. There's nothing really creative or different about it per se - I just like the feel and the music. I think it could also be the nostalgia talking. But I like the cinematic sweeping shots of Hyrule, which leads into the bonfire scene where you see everyone you met dancing. The final shot of the Master Sword, with the bells ringing, still gives me chills.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:06 pm

Which reminds me, I also love Majora's Mask's credits because they actually change depending on whether you got all the masks or not. If you did you see the people you helped living a new day; if not you don't.

.......at least that's what I'm told. I literally have never in my life beaten MM without getting all the masks first.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Whoa what? I never beat MM without getting all the masks first either.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:07 pm

...there are two different credits sequences for MM?
Carthago delendum est

X-3

Post by X-3 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:20 pm

[MEDIA=youtube]qRTOYiOkWgY[/MEDIA]

Masks replace the side-quests you didn't finish

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:28 pm

^wow. I've watched a lot of MM speedruns and I've never seen/realized this.
Carthago delendum est

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”