Meet the man who claims he’s been almost killed by a yowie — twice

For everything and anything that goes "bump" in the night or is unexplained.

Moderator: Valigarmander

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Meet the man who claims he’s been almost killed by a yowie — twice

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:42 pm

A yowie is a hominid that apparently lives in our wilderness... kind of like the Aussie version of 'sasquatch/bigfoot'... but maybe less hairy. Hard to say since I haven't witnessed any of them.
YOU have probably never seen a yowie. You might not have even heard of them.

But one man has not only dedicated his life to hunting down the mythological beast, he says he’s been almost killed by one — twice.

Yowie researcher Dean Harrison has described his too-close encounters with the mysterious apelike creature, which is comparable to the North American Sasquatch or the Himalayan yeti.

He says he was nearly killed by a yowie on two occasions, first in Ormeau in the Gold Coast hinterland and again in Kilkivan near Gympie.

“That was a game changer. I can’t go back into the bush by myself. I just got hit with a big dose of reality,” he toldQT.

“I nearly got taken down by one at Ormeau in 1997 and that was really scary. It was only by the grace of God that I survived.

“I made a phone call at 11pm in a clearing before going into the bush and if I hadn’t I wouldn’t be here today. This thing really meant business.

“But the crunchier was in 2009 at Kilkivan and if a few guys weren’t there to rescue me I wouldn’t be here. That took a good eight months to get over.
Just as there are countless reports by sceptics on the internet that scoff at the suggestion of yowies, there are earnest claims to the contrary.

And not just in Queensland — Mr Harrison’s website has videos of eyewitness testimonies of sightings in places such as Brooklyn, Grafton and Kempsey in NSW, Kalamunda in Western Australia and Bendigo and Beauchamp Falls in Victoria.

Aside from these accounts, evidence for yowies has included unusual nocturnal noises, scratchings on tree bark and casts of footprints.

More: http://www.news.com.au/national/queensl ... 9c017c11c3

I'm fascinated by cryptozoology!! :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Does the Yowie live near Wonglepong?

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Don't those show up a lot in slash fiction?

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

glux

Post by glux » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:35 pm

FTP

Return to “Creepy & Unexplained”