Do you believe in ghosts?

For everything and anything that goes "bump" in the night or is unexplained.

Moderator: Valigarmander

Valigarmander
Supermod

Do you believe in ghosts?

Post by Valigarmander » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:18 am

Do you believe the spirits of the dead linger here on Earth and interact with the living? Do you believe some can be malevolent? Have you ever had a personal encounter with one? Have you ever visited a haunted location before?

My short, boring answer is no, I'm not a believer in the supernatural. Although my mother was fascinated with ghosts, and we visited a lot of allegedly haunted houses, which were usually pretty cool to check out ghosts or not. About four years ago we actually stayed at a supposedly haunted hotel in eastern Oregon. I didn't see any ghosts, but there were a lot of gulls flying around and pooping on things.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:48 am

I keep an open mind. I've never seen one myself, but I allow of the possibility. I have family members who've had...experiences. I'm not quite enough of a jerk to say they're automatically wrong just because their biz doesn't entirely coincide with mine.
boo----------------the furious little monkey

Random User

Post by Random User » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:50 am

I don't believe in ghosts either, or anything supernatural, and think a lot of ghost stories tend to be laced with paranoia and people scaring themselves more than anything. I've played with Ouija and visited haunted places/taunted ghosts and have never experienced anything as a result.

It may be possible, but I personally doubt it.

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:12 am

I'm open to it, but it's definitely not something I care to look into personally.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:50 am

I don't believe in ghosts specifically and have never really had much of any type of supernatural experience. I do think it's probable that there's a lot going on beyond our limited senses, though. Just because we can't taste another "realm" with our stupid slobbery tongues doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:16 am

I am undecided because one of my items on my bucket list is to sleep over a haunted house.

I have met many people who have claimed to see ghosts and felt evil presences with their supposed psychic connections. But I'm not one to say whether they are true or full of BS because I haven't adequately searched for an answer yet.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:19 am

I think the mainstream idea of ghosts or spirits is very fanciful and uninformed. I have however seen and heard a lot of interesting things over the years. One of them was a window that unlatched and opened itself vertically. Actually opening it myself took a heck of a lot of force. People love to handwave strange phenomena as the product of fear but I honestly was amused/mildly annoyed at best because I wanted the window shut to stop bugs getting in the room.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Galefore

Post by Galefore » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:37 pm

I believe STRONGLY in vibes and negative energy. I've seen a fair bit of stuff for myself that challenges my skeptical slant on things. There are places that have an incredibly foreboding vibe to them, and I've walked into rooms and houses and felt a great deal of unease well up, like the place itself was telling me to leave. So yeah, I think there's something to it, but I have zero idea what and I may never know.

United Nations

Post by United Nations » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:59 pm

I believe in...something. Through personal experiences and stories from my trusted friends...I know it's not always just our minds fooling us. Whether there are ghosts, or demons, or whatever...I'm not sure labels do it justice. I think it may be one of those things humans can never really understand.

Return to “Creepy & Unexplained”