What scares you?

For everything and anything that goes "bump" in the night or is unexplained.

Moderator: Valigarmander

Valigarmander
Supermod

What scares you?

Post by Valigarmander » Tue May 05, 2015 4:58 am

What are your deepest and most unsettling fears?
  • Losing my hands. As an artist, my hands are quite important to me, and I sometimes dread what my life would be like if I lost one or both of them. Prosthetics might be a help (or I could learn to write and draw with my feet), but nothing beats the originals.
  • On a similar note, going blind. As much as it would majorly suck to lose any one of my senses, I value sight above the rest.
  • Losing a loved one suddenly. My only experience so far with the death of someone very close to me was drawn out, and I had time to brace myself for when it finally happened. I don't know what I would do if I were to lose someone I love unexpectedly, in a freak accident or a killing or whatnot. A person here one day, everything normal, and then they're gone the next. I can't imagine what that would be like.
  • Losing my mind. One of my fears about growing old is the deterioration of memory, mental acuity, etc. It's not a given, I know some pretty sharp old people. But it's unsettling to imagine myself ever ending up in such a state.
  • I'm not afraid of dying myself, but I really don't want to die alone.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Tue May 05, 2015 6:39 am

-Alzheimer's. Chances are it won't be an issue by the time I'm old enough to worry, but there's a lot of it in half of my family if it is still around. And there's the worry that people older than me will get it.
-It's not really a fear, but if we're the only universe, I find the concept of heat death rather unsettling. Most other theories or religious ideas about how it all ends leave some sort of possibility of things continuing to happen. With heat death in a single universe, that's just it. The remainder of eternity is stillness experienced by no one.

Nothing else really bothers me on the same level. I don't like the idea of the other things you've mentioned, but they're not as unsettling.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue May 05, 2015 6:49 am

Aside from the obvious ones like getting hurt or losing family and all, it would have to be never moving forward from where I am and have been in life, which is certainly what seems to be the case.

luizzeross

Post by luizzeross » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:08 pm

1. My ultimate fear in life is to depend on others. I mean, get a brain damage or something like that and get stuck depending on others to do the basic things of life. That's because I live alone and I don't enjoy being with people.
  2. Other fear is: Falling in love with someone and discover that I have a terminal illness at the same time. Dying while having no feelings towards everybody is ok, but dying while wishing having more time to spent with this someone would be like being in hell until the end.
  3. And to finish: dying in a slow and painful way. Nobody wants that, I'm pretty sure.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:40 pm

^ That last one is brutal.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:42 am

The only thing I'm really afraid of in particular is my inability to appreciate life as it is.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:39 am

I'm afraid of seeing my loved ones dying in grotesque manners (run over, chopped up, disembowled, etc).

I'm afraid of never amounting to anything by the time I die.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Losing a loved one, period. Including my dogs.

Return to “Creepy & Unexplained”