If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Subterfuge

Where forum games are played.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

I am nobody

Subterfuge

Post by I am nobody » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Don't know if anyone's in the mood for another strategy game right after Catan, but I've been itching to play this one for a while:

http://subterfuge-game.com/

It's a mobile game inspired by Neptune's Pride, but intended to be over in about a week and focusing on economics and soft diplomacy rather than galactic conquest. The mechanics are a bit more complicated than I can explain reasonably here, but the tutorial seems to do a good job (I've yet to actually play) and doesn't take long to read through. Really tldr: You're mining stuff, and you want to mine 200 stuff before anyone else. Video tutorials are on the page I linked, and the text tutorial (the one I used) is here: http://play.subterfuge-game.com/docs/Rulebook/

Hosting a private game costs money, unfortunately, but it doesn't look like it'll be too hard to rush everyone into the same public game if we coordinate a bit. The player minimum appears to be 10 in those games, so if you know someone off-site who'd be interested, feel free to invite them.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:41 pm

Hmm, color me interested.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:56 am

Anyone potentially interested in this at a later date?

If not, I'll pester some people from RL and other sites and see if we can't do a bit better than 2.

Return to “Social Games and Role Playing”