If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Adventure, Glory, Pain. Two of these are guaranteed. Dungeon World!

Where forum games are played.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:09 am

YA DID SOMETHING

SOMETHING NEW HAPPENS

I will hopefully update tomorrow in full. Until then MK go ahead and start rolling the last room out so we can hit the boss fight

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:33 pm

[QUOTE="LOOT, post: 1578136, member: 21459"]I will hopefully update tomorrow in full. Until then MK go ahead and start rolling the last room out so we can hit the boss fight[/QUOTE]

[A large stone room, with 3 of the walls adorned with 2 suits of armor each and a weapon high and in between them is a weapon (an axe on the opposite sides and a bow on the odd side), and 3 torches; one under a weapon and 1 opposite of each suit of armor. On the 4th side is a fireplace, with a shield and 2 swords crossed above it.
In the middle is a table that takes up about 1/3 of the room with a ruined map of whatever world we inhabit with 2-3 chairs on each side.
The thing is there are no windows and NOTHING IS LIT.]

StarryPeach

Post by StarryPeach » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:30 pm

[ooc: If you want Memylir to actually react to what M_K posted, I can when I get home from work tonight. Watch this post--I will edit it in. If I don't, I'd like to be notified in-thread, please.]

===

[ooc: M_K... you don't really leave me much room to get descriptive. Oh well, no worries--I'll manage. [plain] :) [/plain]]

If only the priest was a mage, she could shoot a fireball into the room to light it up. In that case, not knowing that could happen in there...

{Divine Ward, on Memylir: 2 + 5 = 7; 7 + 2 (WIS) = 9

Effect: Take +2 Armor forward, but that prayer attracted unwanted attention in the form of a certain bard I shall not name's unwanted advances huehuehuehue okay i was just kidding please don't do that lololololol}.

She then walked into the room, ready to take on whatever could be in there.

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:58 pm

An edit it shall be I guess.

So Ruby, your trap sense gives you an uneasy feeling of the bones so you take note of where they lie. Oddly enough the bones lie in front of two of the steel doors while the last one is clear of any remains save a few scattered bits from the surrounding area. From this, you deduce that opening the wrong door would deliver a lethal attack. After looking around the room you see small holes lined up. The only two possibilities are darts or gas, safe to assume the latter. With a bit of searching you find a button next to the safe door and it opens up. You have escaped the mysterious deadly room.

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:59 pm

Ah I know exactly what to do with that "Unwanted Attention" aspect~

With a tap of her warhammer onto the floor, the room is illuminated by holy energy. This provides a cle-

"UUUHH! NUUUUUUUHHHHH!!!"

... So Memylir, I don't suppose you forgot you befriended an undead troll? Yeah it ain't thrilled at the power of this holy energy radiating forth. I don't even know why you brought your pet along that is just weird. Also the troll's shrieks were a bit loud. May want to hurry.

But the room is illuminated, and you see... a winding path over a rather deep pit! The path isn't too difficult to traverse but certainly would have been quite the pain to navigate without proper lighting. The group treks forward, at last finding the end of this treacherous montage.

---

The wind howls. Rain pounds against the stone walls. Even in the sealed hallways the candles flicker in terror of what is happening outside. The party has reached what seems to be a mage's tower. With dusty tomes lining countless bookshelves, expired reagents scattered along the floor, there is a feeling of dread that this quarter was the most desecrated of all.

All of you, especially Memylir, feel it. The chill of undeath. That which raises from the dead an army, with magic as twisted as its morals. The more you enter, the more you see acts of necromancy. Failed experiments, unstable husks, those that refused loyalty. The history behind this keep was already dark enough with how they treated the beast races, but surely not even they deserved to be subjected to the cycle of undeath.

As if knowing it would be perfectly cliched, a strong bolt of lightning strikes close by, shaking the tower. In fact... it may have been intentional.

"So, I see you not only made a mockery of my own creations..." came forth a surprisingly human voice. From atop a stairwell where astronomical tools laid, came a figure. A figure that made [USER=30663]@Valigarmander[/USER] Nard gulp a bit. "But you also did a lousy job of cleaning up the place for resale."

It was the same man that offered him the job. But now he has a much more... Lich look.

Before any of the party has a chance to draw their arms, the sound of shambling corpses come from behind. Five zombies have arrived, as the Lich became aware of your presence. And you feel that with reckless abandon, they will keep raising up. You may need to split up to deal with these monsters.

MOOK POOL RULES!

From 13th Age or probably already used in tabletop who knows, the Mook Pool goes like this: Weak monsters will appear alongside the main enemy. These mooks do not have separate health, instead they all share one pool of health. At determined intervals, they will die, so think of it like cleaving or something even when your ability sounds like you're only attacking one enemy.

I'll look at getting a map up here shortly. Maybe when I stop hacking my lungs up every two seconds.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:10 pm

[QUOTE="StarryPeach, post: 1578172, member: 19313"]Effect: Take +2 Armor forward, but that prayer attracted unwanted attention in the form of a certain bard I shall not name's unwanted advances huehuehuehue okay i was just kidding please don't do that lololololol}.[/QUOTE]
"Don't worry, Memylir," the bard said with a wink. "All your prayers have been answered." He chuckled and tried to flex his muscles without looking like it was intentional.

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:12 am

Quiet you you're still in shock of this inevitable betrayal

also I should ask: Anyone with preference on where they want to go? Some gotta quell the zombies, others after the big guy, you can change spots mid-fight but it'll probably cost like a turn or something unless you make a really good (or neato) roll.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:15 am

[I don't mind where you put me. Unpredictability makes life interesting.]

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:33 am

right uh we'll uh... do this when the holidays aren't so... busy. Yeah we'll go with that.

Also wondering about just doing 13th Age next. I keep talking about it so

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:39 pm

[QUOTE="I Loot the Tree, post: 1578416, member: 21459"]also I should ask: Anyone with preference on where they want to go? Some gotta quell the zombies, others after the big guy, you can change spots mid-fight but it'll probably cost like a turn or something unless you make a really good (or neato) roll.[/QUOTE]
[I like big guys. Give me the big guy.]
[QUOTE="I Loot the Tree, post: 1578629, member: 21459"]Also wondering about just doing 13th Age next. I keep talking about it so[/QUOTE]
[Info, please?]

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:36 am

oh, well if you want to, you could get a better kill-count if you faced the zombies because if you use the "Two Target" tag you would inflict a LOT of damage on the mook pool, but hey, you have a history of actually doing more damage to more important baddies.

The castle shakes. The Lich draws forth his power, and commands his followers to tear you apart. The hastily-animated corpses shamble towards you, ready to dine. Meanwhile, the Lich himself is channeling power. He seems to be animating more. Two more creatures start to rise.

At the foot of the stairs, the party can quickly choose to either rush up or stay at the bottom of the stairs. Without hesitation, Galois sprints up the stairs eager for a dual of magic and power. Meanwhile, Nard draws his sword in preparation of the zombie horde. With a sure strike he could cleave the rotting flesh.

Galois has +1 Forward to attacking the Lich!

Nard has +1 Forward to attacking the zombies!

Inspired, the party prepares to do combat to end this menace. It is now Nard's turn. A reminder, your attacks will cleave into other zombies by default. They're not too sturdy but if left alone they will attack the party.

I know I promised a map I'M TRYING DAMMIT BUT I HAVE... STUFF. Also I need a bunch of pogs.[DOUBLEPOST=1451374576,1451374288][/DOUBLEPOST]re: 13th Age: It's Dungeons and Dragons if you wanted D&D to actually be more invested in roleplaying. Dungeon World is really cool in having 2d6 be the default rolls for everything so roleplaying out situations is very easy and just requires imagination, while 13th Age actually has full mechanics behind it. You get Icon Dice which you roll and if you get a 5 or 6 then you can heavily influence the story to your favor, even gain knowledge or riches you didn't think was possible. Backgrounds are my favorite and if I keep doing Dungeon World after this arc, I will put backgrounds in. These are basically automatic points you can use when you attempt a skill or feat, and the only limit is how you can implement roleplay into the skill. The last podcast I listened to had the Sorcerer who used a background of "Small Appliance Repair" to apply heavy amounts of grease to vital areas in a sewer below a dwarven city. It was perfectly fine logic. Also the character is played by Medibot who is insanely awesome with his roleplaying and fake-technospeak.

Also from what I've seen in the videos while distance does still matter, you don't need spaces like in D&D, so "move limit of 6 spaces" or whatever isn't really enforced, just the DM's discretion of how far you could get in one turn. That would work REALLY well in play-by-post games like this.

I got the pdf from the recent sale so I can send out character sheets if there's enough serious interest. Or, even better, if someone else wants to DM it because I WANT TO PLAY A BARBARIAN DAMMIT

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:21 pm

[Huehue. I should probably have this thread on "watch."

Using Dex as the modifier instead of Str, since the rapier is a "precise" weapon. (5,3)+1=9.]

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:41 pm

right let's see if I can get back to updating this constantly I want to start Danger Patrol next it's simple enough and doesn't even need a screen

With a flick of the wrist Jard deftly strikes at the zombies, cleanly dispatching two of the creatures at 6 damage! Proud of his power Yard flashes a grin to the priest and sticks his sword into the ground... Piercing his foot like an idiot. 3 damage.

Next up, [USER=26554]@Microphone_Kirby[/USER] Galois is up to bat! He reaches the very top and faces the Lich. He is channeling power to raise bodies to fight more. This attack may counter the spell maybe (guaranteed if you took Counter skill huehuehue)

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:52 am

Galois looks into the Lich's glowing eyes. His blood rushes through his body, relishing this opportunity to defeat such a creature. As the Lich tries to conjure up some sort of spell, Galois jumps in the air, brandishing a blade of Lightning, and with both hands, guides it fiercely at the Lich...

[Black Magic: A sword(Like an English short sword) created out of Lightning
Tags: Messy(+1d4 Damage), Lightning Elemental, Range: Close
Roll: 5+4+2(INT)+1+1=13
Damage = 2+1 = 3??? -_-]

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:48 am

Oh hey you kept that forward for quite a while.

Well, take what you got, you cast very well so at the very least you stopped the raising. With sparks and a crackle, the blade barely misses, however the pure energy combined with electricity reaches out, shocking the Lich and frying his mind if only for a second. No new zombies were generated, however now the Lich is looking to use some different magic instead, and starts gathering power. I'm going to say this is what happens instead of a counter attack because the rules are pretty vague about ranged attackers, I know the main tradeoff is ranged don't get a higher dice roll and melee has some amazing fun stuff like Adder's ever-evolving sword, but still, the game is about action-counteraction so there's the counter!

[USER=35827]@The Man in a Red Suit[/USER] Ruby is up to bat now! You need to decide to either head up the stairwell to tangle with the Lich or stay below and deal with the zombie pool. There's, what did I say, five up still? The initial five, the two that arrived at the start of the round.

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:19 am

[USER=35827]@Random User[/USER] = Oh, no! Nard is in trouble! The zombies are very slowly approaching him! What are you going to do?!?
Or... you could... help... Galois, I guess... :shrug:

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:02 am

YEAH [USER=35827]@Random User[/USER] WHAT IS RUBY UP TO THESE DAYS

SHARPENING HER DAGGERS?

PICKING SOME LOCKS?

STABBING ZOMBIES?

I LIKE THAT LAST ONE

I may have some work for you if the second one

Random User

Post by Random User » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:31 am

Ruby, seeing the opportunity to hit the Lich before he began to summon more enemies, charged at the thing with her dagger ready to stab at him.

Roll: 6 + 3 = 9

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:19 pm

Dammit, [USER=21459]@LOOT[/USER] not you too... :gloomy1:

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:46 am

Adder coughs after a very long awkward silence that lasted for days.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Return to “Social Games and Role Playing”