If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Interest in play-by-post Dungeon World or similar?

Where forum games are played.

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:05 am

[USER=26554]@Microphone_Kirby[/USER] I know this is REALLY late to bring up BUT

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?i5has0rh422pgaz

If you want to switch from Wizard to Mage, you may want to consider this. This version deviates from D&D style casting. You no longer prepare spells, and you're gonna have to read through the Spell Focus quite a bit but you do not have to prepare spells anymore, and in fact you basically say what you're casting and do just that, so you can fling fire or lightning, mostly it depends on what you're seeking to fulfill as a Mage.

[USER=19313]@Ringabelfry[/USER] There is a supplemental book as well for Cleric as Priest instead. If this interests you let me know and I'll get the stuff for the sheet.

StarryPeach

Post by StarryPeach » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:07 am

[QUOTE="Empty Loot, post: 1568224, member: 21459"][USER=19313]@Ringabelfry[/USER] There is a supplemental book as well for Cleric as Priest instead. If this interests you let me know and I'll get the stuff for the sheet.[/QUOTE]
It does interest me, but only if it's convenient for you.

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:10 am

I can probably get the PDF sent to you tonight then. I'm thinking it's like Mage, the Supplmental books basically alter three of the classes so they're less like the tedium of D&D and more up to pace with Dungeon World's openendedness

StarryPeach

Post by StarryPeach » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:11 am

Alrighty. Thanks.

Microphone_Kirby

Post by Microphone_Kirby » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:24 pm

[QUOTE="Empty Loot, post: 1568224, member: 21459"][USER=26554]@Microphone_Kirby[/USER] I know this is REALLY late to bring up BUT

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?i5has0rh422pgaz

If you want to switch from Wizard to Mage, you may want to consider this. This version deviates from D&D style casting. You no longer prepare spells, and you're gonna have to read through the Spell Focus quite a bit but you do not have to prepare spells anymore, and in fact you basically say what you're casting and do just that, so you can fling fire or lightning, mostly it depends on what you're seeking to fulfill as a Mage.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the relatively late reply, but I just wanted to finish the character sheet. #omgthisisawesome

Name: Galois
Class: Mage
Race: 1/2 Elf 1/2 Human
Racial Ability: Whenever a Magical effect happens close by, you can feel it, and tell roughly which direction and how far it is from you.
Alignment: Neutral

Looks: Straight, 4 inch hair (3inches red from the root, 1 inch Silver from the tip); Plain, Hooded Black robe; 5feet, 5 inches tall, somewhat scrawny body; Wide, emerald eyes

Str:9
Dex:12
Con:15
Int:16
Wis:13
Cha:8

Starting Moves: Arcane Learning, Cast a Spell(INT), Black Magic(INT)
Spell Focus: The Storm
Look: Purple Skin
Aligned: Fog and Lightning, Control Wind and Rain, Move like the Wind
Opposed: Stasis and Calm, Creating Anything Solid or Permanent

Gear: Dungeon Rations(5 Uses); A Green Book (about 100 Pages thick), with an Amethyst engraved on the top of the spine; A Bag of Books(5 Uses), 3 Healing Potions, a Dagger(hand), 3 Antitoxins

[USER=21459]@Empty Loot[/USER] Can/Should/Must I change my bonds?
I can see potential :argument: coming from what defines the aligned and the opposed, but I think that might be fun. ;) :p

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:53 pm

If you want to stick with your old bonds then go for it

StarryPeach

Post by StarryPeach » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:27 am

Okay. Finally updated to Priest.

Name: Memylir
Class: Priest
Race: Human
Racial Ability: When you Defy Danger from something related to your deity's domain, take +1.
Alignment: Good
Looks: Average build, but slightly curvy. Eyes are violet, kind yet sad. Hair is cut into an A-line bob, blue-green in color. Wears flowing robes.
(alternatively you can look here--it's only the head though)

Stats:
STR: 8
DEX: 12
CON: 9
INT: 15
WIS: 16
CHA: 13

Deity - Ishume
  • Controls - The Sun
  • Represents - Love
  • Worshippers - Welcomes anyone
  • Enemies - Undead and demons
  • Demands - Humility through suffering
Starting Moves
  • Invocation
  • Divine Ward
  • Lead the Flock
Starting Gear
  • Symbol of Ishume: Medallion with a green gem of sorts in it
  • Divine Weapon: A two-handed warhammer
  • Adventuring gear and dungeon Rations
  • Bag of Books and Bandages

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:25 pm

There is always a chandelier, rope, window, cart, easily-spooked herd of livestock, or similar unusual environmental hazard handy in any situation in which it would be convenient for you and remotely plausible.
When your honor is insulted and you demand a duel, your opponent cannot decline. They may propose conditions and ask to use a substitute, but they cannot decline.
You have a personal minstrel who follows you everywhere and sings your praises. When they sing you a song to prepare you for battle, you and your allies take +1 forward. Should your minstrel ever die, a new one shows up at the first reasonable opportunity.
Oh my god Dashing Hero is an amazingly absurd class WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE THIS VAL

Return to “Social Games and Role Playing”