If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

2018 Cooking Challenge

Moderator: Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds

Booyakasha
Supermod

Re: 2018 Cooking Challenge

Post by Booyakasha » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:31 pm

^You make it sound so nice. And yet I don't care for bacon. I find it objectionable. Its fattiness, its greasiness. The flavour doesn't appeal. I even dislike the word (bacon? Get the hell out of my language, you disgusting French loan-word, you. Ick).

...maybe my taste-buds are simply misprogrammed. Like, I don't like the things real humans like. Pepperoni, avocado, 7-Up. Dairy products in general. Mayonnaise. Kraft dinner, and potatoes au gratin. Frozen waffles and french toast. Ranch dressing. Turns my stomach. Rather have some nice sauerkraut or black licorice. Can of sardines (in mustard sauce, obviously-----------what am I, a savage?) Pickled herring, pickled eggs. Anchovies. Red onions. Beer. Black pudding, and beef liver. Corned beef hash, browned in a skillet with a sunny up-top. Prepackaged ramen and yakisoba---------that's my lifeblood, man. Mmmm.

There's a frozen section in my store, a whole freezer devoted mainly to pierogies. I feel a sincere need to check them out. I'm not Polish, or Jewish, and so I've never had a pierogie before. I presume they're pretty rad.
boo------------------------------that old long-tongued liar

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:39 am

The recipe is also good with prosciutto. Same meat cured differently and way less greasy. :thumbsup: I've also done it with no meat and a bunch of veggies.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:26 pm

^That sounds dynamite.

I like versatile recipes. Early this decade I experimented with no-cheese pizza, to satisfy my lactose-light biz. Like, one can do it just normal, only without the cheese; or one can thicken the sauce to a paste so as to hold the toppings better. The results of the latter were unusual-----------like, imagine a shepard's pie, consisting of all pizza ingredients. To be honest, it wasn't very good. Still, the cause of food mad science isn't advanced solely by victory-------even the missteps can be a rung on the ladder, as long as you insist on learning from them.
boo------------------------------that old long-tongued liar

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Last night I made shrimp in a beer broth, bunch of spices, some ancho paste. Biscuits to sop it all up. Was good mane
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Return to “Life”