If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Getting my s*** together feels nice

Moderator: Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds

Apollo the Just

Getting my s*** together feels nice

Post by Apollo the Just » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:01 pm

I have started:

-habitually waking up an hour before I need to leave for work, instead of like 20 minutes, and waking up then even on days off

-actually keeping my heckin room clean

-updating a digital planner with daily and master tasks I need to do (mostly for cosplay let's be real, but hopefully music too after Anime LA) and using the notes section like a diary to vent and reflect on my goals

-tracking my spending habits to make sure I'm being responsible and know where my money is going

........BRUH I DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE MYSELF ANYMORE YOU GUYS. I've been a disorganized yolo slob my entire life, and absolutely no shade at disorganized yolo slobs because I kinda liked that lifestyle. But it really feels nice to know what I'm doing, to be aware of my goals and habits, and to be able to track my progress on stuff and make sure I'm doing what I want to be doing? It feels really good! Heck even just having extra time in the mornings to post on Viggif and write about my Feelings in my planner (lol am i usin it rite) before work puts me in an infinitely better mood.

I know myself and I know that usually if I try to keep myself organized in any specific capacity it falls apart in about 3 seconds, but I'm hoping that if I keep this kind of regular daily thing going, especially with how much better I feel about literally every aspect of my life, I can actually maintain it. Fingers crossed lmao.

Also, somewhat related, I bought dinosaur bedsheets. Living my best life. Truly I have become an Adult

Valigarmander
Supermod

Re: Getting my s*** together feels nice

Post by Valigarmander » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Nice work, AJ. :thumbsup: Being able to manage your own life like that feels really good.

Since I moved into my own place last year, I've been keeping it clean, working on my comic regularly, budgeting every week, and even have an exercise routine. Being a responsible grown up is fun.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 pm

The first thing you should always do is make your bed. I've realized over time that such a small act will get you in the mood to do anything else.

pepsibetsy
Supporter

Post by pepsibetsy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Those are great accomplishments, friend! I want to do better this year too ;__; hopefully I can start planning something out and carry it out daily

I agree w/ Scott, making your bed is the best first step to anyone else reading.

Random User

Post by Random User » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Hey, that's good! I've been trying to get into better habits too, even keeping a Notepad document of tasks makes them feel easier to complete. Good on ya, in any case!

Return to “Life”