If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Race you around Target!!

Moderator: Valigarmander

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Race you around Target!!

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:28 am

Their blurb:
April 20, 2017
Wa-hoo! Mario Kart 8 for Nintendo Switch launches April 28, and we’re juuuust a little excited. While our fave mustachioed plumbers gear up, we’re over here dodging banana peels and flying turtle shells, and racing red carts up and down the aisles to bring you some extra-special fun—only at Target. Starting today, 650+ stores across the country are going into full game-on mode, with larger-than-life Mario action.

Target has been guests’ go-to Nintendo destination for 30+ years. From scooping up the 1985 original NES to scoping out this spring’s highly-coveted Nintendo Switch, Target is often fans’ first stop before hitting start on a gaming adventure. So, we’re out to make the shopping experience just as fun!
More: https://corporate.target.com/article/2017/04/mario-kart

If they do this at our Target, there won't be any trolleys left after the first couple of days!! :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:35 am

I can already see people getting thrown out of the store for racing up and down the aisles in teams, one person sitting in the cart and another pushing.

I'll probably be one of them.

VG_Addict

Post by VG_Addict » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:28 am

I need to go to Target soon.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:31 am

The big red orbs out front of the store have Mario & Luigi heads covering them, & when you go through the entry doors, they play the race-start signal sound.
Downside: Only a handful of each store's carts have the decals.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:21 pm

[QUOTE="CaptHayfever, post: 1628487, member: 25169"]The big red orbs out front of the store have Mario & Luigi heads covering them, & when you go through the entry doors, they play the race-start signal sound.
Downside: Only a handful of each store's carts have the decals.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"[/QUOTE]

Please save a pink kart for me. :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Haha, my Target has so completely given up on ever getting more Switches that the case they're meant to be displayed in has been housing Ones and PS4s for the last month. I'm not sure they ever got a shipment after the pre-orders.

I didn't notice decorated carts when I was there today, but it's a city store, so not many people use carts to begin with. Might've just missed them.

Calamity Panfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by Calamity Panfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:23 pm

this is a neat little thing, might have to check target out
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:21 pm

[QUOTE="Valigarmander, post: 1628468, member: 30663"]I can already see people getting thrown out of the store for racing up and down the aisles in teams, one person sitting in the cart and another pushing.

I'll probably be one of them.[/QUOTE]
Let's do it.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Return to “Super Luigi Bros.: It's-a Luigi Time!”