If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Share your Super Mario Maker levels here!

Moderator: Valigarmander

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:59 pm

^ I found several of your routes, some of which super easier than others. Though I didn't know there was a second path to the skull path.

... that skull path is patently evil. I actually downloaded the level to analyse it after missing that jump thrice... only to make the jump perfectly the first time. So I hopped back into the level and beat it straight away.

(Also, your level had P-switches? XD)
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:35 am

^ The p-switches would've been more important if they didn't have such silly restrictions on how many pipes you can use.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:38 am

It seems like things have kind of slowed down here (hell, I haven't turned on my Wii U in over a week), but I've really enjoyed everyone's levels so far. And I had an idea tonight... would anybody be interested in a Super Mario Maker contest? We come up with some kind of theme, everybody produces a level based off of it, everybody plays the levels and then votes on which one is the best, and then maybe we do it again. Something like that. Would anybody be down?

St. Tazy Ten

Post by St. Tazy Ten » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:07 am

I could try?

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:13 am

I'm game.
Carthago delendum est

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:32 am

[QUOTE="Valigarmander, post: 1571246, member: 30663"]It seems like things have kind of slowed down here (hell, I haven't turned on my Wii U in over a week), but I've really enjoyed everyone's levels so far. And I had an idea tonight... would anybody be interested in a Super Mario Maker contest? We come up with some kind of theme, everybody produces a level based off of it, everybody plays the levels and then votes on which one is the best, and then maybe we do it again. Something like that. Would anybody be down?[/QUOTE]
Sure thing, mi amigo.[DOUBLEPOST=1446640378,1446640299][/DOUBLEPOST]Just wanted to say, thank you all for playing. It's been a real delight getting actual responses.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:27 pm

I'm of course game! Especially since I need to go back through and add checkpoints to my levels anyway.

Antisocial

Post by Antisocial » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:39 am

Sweet. I was looking for a reason to get back to making full-fledged levels.

LOOT

Post by LOOT » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:43 am

thank you so much for to playing my level!!!

Antisocial

Post by Antisocial » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:30 pm

Just reuploaded a bulk of my pack with checkpoints added (plus a few revisions). R.I.P. old Miiverse comments.

So some of you may have an easier time now. The clear rates for most of them were dismal anyway.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:16 am

[QUOTE="Antisocial, post: 1571608, member: 23923"]Just reuploaded a bulk of my pack with checkpoints added (plus a few revisions). R.I.P. old Miiverse comments.

So some of you may have an easier time now. The clear rates for most of them were dismal anyway.[/QUOTE]
Dude how do you add checkpoints?

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:18 am

Nevermind, found it. Apparently you have to shake the background arrow object, which I never use.

So I've created a new version of my course to take feedback regarding p-switches into account, make the level a bit more interesting, added more clues, etc, and also added a checkpoint to the middle of the level. I hope you'll all consider giving the new version a spin and trying out a different route or two, as they should now be easier to find:

The Underlair ver 2 (4365-0000-00D8-E1BD)

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:28 pm

New level! Spent a good chunk of time messing with this one:

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE: (B487-0000-00DF-C9E6)

Antisocial

Post by Antisocial » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:01 pm

aw yeah Mario-kun

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm

I've spent a small bit slowly reuploading my levels with checkpoints (and generally fixing up stuff that happened to miss the first draft).

Yoshinapped! is fixed, and I don't think AS can break it now.
I added checkpoints to Infiltrating Bowser's Flagship (to alleviate the out of time issue - and I made one section that occasionally vexed me easier) and Count Your Lucky Stars (I kept the original version because it is a good challenge, but I added a version with two checkpoints).

For what it's worth, I noticed that you can make one checkpoint per subworld. So if you use both halves of the level, you can make two checkpoints. But otherwise, you're limited to one.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:05 am

[QUOTE="Antisocial, post: 1571968, member: 23923"]aw yeah Mario-kun[/QUOTE]
I'm so glad they added in a ****-up-mario sprite.

Antisocial

Post by Antisocial » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:03 am

[QUOTE="Hell Orb, post: 1571953, member: 25415"]RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE: (B487-0000-00DF-C9E6)[/QUOTE]

Great level, man. Not a lot of people like long levels, but I do and the length was perfect while the checkpoints made it more enjoyable. However the spookiness was offset by Mario-kun's cheerful disposition.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:05 am

[QUOTE="Antisocial, post: 1572059, member: 23923"]Great level, man. Not a lot of people like long levels, but I do and the length was perfect while the checkpoints made it more enjoyable. However the spookiness was offset by Mario-kun's cheerful disposition.

Image[/QUOTE]
Thanks. You can end it long or short. Tell me how you finished the stage in spoiler?

And I like to make him shake his ass on the elevators in time to the music. I may have a problem.

Antisocial

Post by Antisocial » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:10 am

[spoiler]Found a door over the arrow fence that took me to the second checkpoint. Went through the coin tunnel, turned into Big Mario (modern palette amiibo is better--just sayin'), busted through the blocks and hit the goal.[/spoiler]

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:16 am

[QUOTE="Antisocial, post: 1572062, member: 23923"][spoiler]Found a door over the arrow fence that took me to the second checkpoint. Went through the coin tunnel, turned into Big Mario (modern palette amiibo is better--just sayin'), busted through the blocks and hit the goal.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
Nice work. For the short exit;

[spoiler]There is a magikoopa hidden at the end of the stage on the main subworld, you know what to do with him. If you just wanted a more dramatic way to finish, though, use mega mario to smash down that giant gravestone.[/spoiler]

Thanks for your compliments again, I have to say that your stages are all beyond competently made and are definitely the kind of quality Nintendo puts out. Those last 4 IRC ones you put out were a great challenge, especially. Makes me harken to the older days of Mario a bit, I wish I could play an actual world of them.

I'm not surprised that longer stages are unpopular, the average player doesn't really seem to be prepared for any challenge. Ironically, anything less than two subworlds in length feels too small to me.

Return to “Super Luigi Bros.: It's-a Luigi Time!”