If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Mario-Themed Monopoly Gamer Has Power-Ups And Boss Battles

Moderator: Valigarmander

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Mario-Themed Monopoly Gamer Has Power-Ups And Boss Battles

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Hasbro's been pumping out branded versions of classic board game Monopoly for ages. With token-specific abilities, power-up dice and boss fights, Mario-themed Monopoly Gamer is something different.

The heart of Monopoly remains intact in Monopoly Gamer, which hits stores in August. Players roll the dice to travel around the edge of the game board, buying and trading properties.

But the rest has been severely Nintendo-ised. We have two denominations of cardboard gold coins in lieu of colourful faux cash.

Rather than Boardwalk and Park Place, these cardboard coins are used to buy properties like Bowser's or Peach's Castle.

The game comes with Mario, Yoshi, Peach and Donkey Kong tokens. Each of the four characters has a "Super Star" ability, activated when they land on special spaces on the board. Mario rolls the game's numbered die and collects that many coins from the bank. Princess Peach collects rent on all properties she owns. Yoshi collects all coins on the board, and Donkey Kong steals three coins from each player.

Read more: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/06/mario ... isMOtdJ.99

Looks awesome. :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:34 am

But no Luigi? :(

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:25 am

Does it have a secondary win condition aside from grinding your opponent to bankruptcy?

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:53 pm

^^That's especially weird since Monopoly traditionally has 6 tokens available.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:11 pm

I'm kind of amazed that Monopoly is still a thing, especially since its new strategy seems to be piling on the misery by reminding everyone playing that better games exist.

Return to “Super Luigi Bros.: It's-a Luigi Time!”