SephirothKirby Makes His Valiant Return

Welcoming new members, and farewelling those who have to leave our presence.

Moderator: Saria Dragon of the Rain Wilds

SephirothKirby

SephirothKirby Makes His Valiant Return

Post by SephirothKirby » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:15 pm

Hey gang. I was gone for just a little bit and you moved everything around? You still have my stuff in the attic right? I notice my room is a gym now, very tasteful.

Figured peeps would have questions for me, or at least news to report. What's changed? How is everyone? When is the next meetup?

DarkZero

Re: SephirothKirby Makes His Valiant Return

Post by DarkZero » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:22 pm

oh man your room is a gym you're gonna get SO buff
Join the VGF Discord server! https://discord.gg/pbSDTAZ

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:28 pm

We just did a meetup at the beginning of June unfortunately D: but i know a few of us were talking about a smaller east coast thing (pax unplugged or magfest, probably) if you can get out here.
we built our house of cards
but it feels like it's still ours...

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:35 pm

You can have the gym back, but just so you know the magenta barbells are mine and you can't use them. :crossedarms:

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:59 am

no one **** told me we had a gym and ive been paying for a membership at 24 hour fitness this whole time

MeowMan

Post by MeowMan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:40 am

wb SK! everyone is dead (or more probably, inactive) and us survivors just had a meetup like 3 weeks ago

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:57 am

What?! Wow! It's been a long while, hasn't it? Welcome back, dude!

I think, comparatively, VGF is doing pretty well for itself. We had a trip recently in Chicago. It went well, we played games, walked for miles, and saw S1x beat Skeeball. We moved to a new place but nothing else big's happened since, far as I'm aware.

I moved my blog to Wordpress and I've been meaning to post a topic for it at some point. Mostly, I've been playing tabletop games and taking care of things around the house when I can.

I know you PM'd me to ask about what I've been doing, but nothing I've done is really sEcReT so I'll just say it here. Still live at the place I've been with the same three people. One person moved in then moved out in that time, not that I've ever talked about it. We're planning on a[n expensive] trip to Japan in April. Just posting topics and writing trash. Par for the course for me. I'm playing Doom WADs while I neglect my actual backlog of games because PC gaming has become easier for me. It's to my personal detriment, I know.

And... I've been watering our backyard for like two and a half weeks because the landlord got it all landscaped and if I don't do that all the grass'll die. It's an interesting situation because the hose isn't long enough for the whole house. I was using a bucket to get the side of the house until I was alerted to another spout on the opposite side I could use by throwing the hose over the gate. So that's fun.

Glad to see you're doing okay though. :thumbsup:

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:09 am

ayyy SK welcome back. Bad news about the next meetup. It was three weeks ago. You should time travel and join us tho

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:01 pm

SK! Weclome bakc!
Apollo the Just wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:59 am
no one **** told me we had a gym and ive been paying for a membership at 24 hour fitness this whole time
Nobody tell AJ it's a Dragon-type gym; we'll never hear the end of it.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

JamTKD

Post by JamTKD » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:54 am

Holy crap, it's been a long time. Found an old friend's list while cleaning up some stuff at my parent's house and found your name - decided to search to see if you were active on the internet and I find a post from two days ago.

Not sure if you remember me or not - we used to hang out in AOL chat rooms back in the day (with some others as well, I think Sara, Bri, Alexis?). This must have been close to 13 years ago now, dear lord...

How have you been man?

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:04 am

^New record for longest time between registration and first post? You've gotta be up there.

JamTKD

Post by JamTKD » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:32 pm

Funny thing is I don't even know why I registered in 2015. I tried to make an account and it said my name was taken... then tried to log on and here we are.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

X-3

Post by X-3 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:44 pm

Hey, welcome back.

SephirothKirby

Post by SephirothKirby » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:12 pm

Christ, if that isn't serendipity. Check your PMs, Jam.

Happy to see the ol' familiar faces. Hope to see a few others pop in, as well. I imagined I missed this Summer's meet up, but wanted to make sure I was aware of the next one. What struck me to post was actually a donation at SGDQ from CodieKitty.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:06 pm

whoa, really? Do you remember when that was? I haven't heard from Codie in a very long time.

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:13 pm

Hiiii SK!!! YAYYYY Welcome back *gives you the obligatory marshmallows* These days they have less side-effects... or so I think. But maybe, we're all just immune to them after all these years. :p

So happy you like the gym... >.> and sorry, AtJ, for you not getting the memo!! ;)

Not much happening in my world... baking, sport stuffs, lots of studying (languages) and I recently returned from a trip where I did an intensive language course. :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

SephirothKirby

Post by SephirothKirby » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:31 pm

I'd say it was most likely the Octopath Traveler run, but potentially could have been early in the Megaman block. I also considered that it might've been some rando named CodyKitty or something, but I checked and her website is still making content so I'd say it's a fair chance.

Glad to see you're still you, HotD. Marshmallows taste just like they used to. What languages are you studying? I minored in Japanese these last few years and have found that extremely rewarding. Is your sister still active on here? How is her writing career?

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:34 pm

^Nice! I took a couple Japanese courses and remember almost none of it. Minored in German, and don't remember much of that either. :lol:

hey were you active when she released her book? The Damning Moths? It's really good and I recommend reading it!
we built our house of cards
but it feels like it's still ours...

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:08 pm

SephirothKirby wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:31 pm

Glad to see you're still you, HotD. Marshmallows taste just like they used to. What languages are you studying? I minored in Japanese these last few years and have found that extremely rewarding. Is your sister still active on here? How is her writing career?

Thanks!! I'm happy to be me... :lol:

I'm studying Hungarian, in serious mode. It's wonderful, frustrating and fun!! Not so much, as her life is super busy with many other things these days. But she's still writing!!

Are you fluent in Japanese? Have you visited, or have any plans to visit Japan? :D
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

SephirothKirby

Post by SephirothKirby » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:44 pm

Heroine of the Dragon wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:08 pm
I'm studying Hungarian, in serious mode. It's wonderful, frustrating and fun!! Not so much, as her life is super busy with many other things these days. But she's still writing!!

Are you fluent in Japanese? Have you visited, or have any plans to visit Japan? :D
Awesome! What led you to Hungarian? Glad to hear she's still writing. What's the news with AI? How out of date is that acronym?

I'm "pretty" fluent. I'm not super confident saying fluent because Kanji is such a mess, and there's a lot of situational jargon and onomatopoeias so I sometimes feel lost. But conversationally, sure. My ex had ties to an airline so I could fly standby for dummy cheap, ended up going twice last year and fell in love with it. I'm in Austin right now, but I'd eventually like a career that let's me travel between.

Some family is gathering for the 4th, so I'm headed out of town, but when I get an opportunity I'll upload some photos of my trip- they're still on the camera.
smol Kat wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:34 pm
^Nice! I took a couple Japanese courses and remember almost none of it. Minored in German, and don't remember much of that either. :lol:

hey were you active when she released her book? The Damning Moths? It's really good and I recommend reading it!
I had the e-book on an old student account, and unfortunately didn't give it the attention it deserved, but I'd really like to pick up the physical copy soon and finish it.

Return to “Introductions and Goodbyes”