If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Portal

Shane
Administrator

Portal

Post by Shane » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Thoughts on the portal page? Useful? Not useful? More of an unfinalized placeholder now, but the basic idea is there. I'm tempted to keep it more just in case I want to use the index page as something else but debating over whether it's worthwhile. One alternative may be to keep it as a separate page for anyone who wants to use it but not as the index page.

smol Kat

Re: Portal

Post by smol Kat » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:57 pm

It's not something that I would use, but it is something that I think would be useful to other users. I like the idea of keeping it as a sep page/not the index.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:59 pm

There are some neat parts, but recent polls and attachments are given too much space relative to their value. I might use it if it had some more interesting elements instead of those, assuming it's customizable.

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:15 pm

The default install is basically everything thrown together, except for the friends list. I was planning to remove the filler and also expand some like more recent posts. Took a look through the mods on the site and not seeing much missing. Top poster of the month probably the only compelling thing. They say there may be problems with PHP7 but seems to be functioning as intended.

Kargath

Post by Kargath » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:36 am

Definitely +1 for shaving down the polls and expanding recent post space.

Return to “Transition Issues (non-registration)”