The UC Berkeley Riots

Moderators: I am nobody, Deku Tree

New! Tazy Ten

Post by New! Tazy Ten » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:12 pm

[QUOTE="X-3, post: 1620902, member: 27765"]^It'd be great if that were true, but it just isn't. Hate speech has been given a multitude of platforms online. They've all grown significantly. The media is slowly normalizing it too. Violence, meanwhile, is the tool to silence opinions, speech and dissent. It's been used chillingly over the course of history, with perpetrators all over the political spectrum. It goes without saying that we should not resort to violence, but at the same time we cannot sit on its thumbs hoping things work out because we're nice and hearing people out. This is why countries have hate speech laws, that's why protests with proper leadership and guidance exist. [/QUOTE]

Question them and poke holes in their theories. That's what I mean when I say it should be allowed to push forward rather than attacked out of perceived fear. Hate will eventually stop if confronted with reason enough times. The only time this doesn't work is with people looking to cause harm, OR if there is a legitimate fear amongst them that yelling isn't going to solve. And I mean more reason than "You are racist." or "No." It needs discussion that a place like social media isn't really suited for which is part of why we got to this point.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:41 pm

interested to hear CL's take on this, if she's willing to share. I wouldn't blame her if she'd rather not venture into this thread.
Carthago delendum est

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:49 am

After having looked into his background, I would say that it seems (like others in recent memory) his words at face value are not conventionally dangerous, but he is surrounded by and incites a group fixated on attacking the people he names, and was apparently involved in doxing and is largely ascribed for inciting anger, likely intentionally.

As far as complaints of the violation of free speech, again, that is not actually related to whether or not Berkeley or any institution must host him.

I'm not certain that rioting was necessary or the rational response. I will say that I've been to Berkeley and it was a peaceful, very cultured town. Nobody rioted while I was around. Almost like it takes some sort of disturbing event to cause one. Who'd have thought?

What a nice guy.

Ah, and in regards to somehow being impossible for a self-proclaimed gay jew to be promoting homophobia and anti-semitism, it's not only happened before but is apparently a common enough practice among conservatives.

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-10-anti- ... ormat=BLOG
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:06 am

[QUOTE="I am nobody, post: 1620897, member: 34539"]If he isn't a racist, their being black presumably wasn't part of his reasons for dating them.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what does this mean?

Oh never mind. I'll respond to what you said in a bit, I should've read your whole post before responding lol.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:34 am

Here's another interesting bit of reality for you all:

http://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/as- ... -military/

Things to consider:
- Jews served in the WWII German military
- Jews were employed by Nazis, some were not directly persecuted

[quote="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_Yiannopoulos]He is a practising Catholic[/quote]

Oh. Nice. So he's not even Jewish. Okay.

[quote=http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/10/02/ga ... -he-could/]Yiannopoulos continued: “Yes – I would agree it would be better if I didn’t behave like this"]
Uh huh.[DOUBLEPOST=1486100062,1486099170][/DOUBLEPOST][quote="Yiannopoulos-Wagner himself]Trolling is very important. I like to think of myself as a virtuous troll"]

Okay.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:01 am

[QUOTE="My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller, post: 1620922, member: 25415"]After having looked into his background, I would say that it seems (like others in recent memory) his words at face value are not conventionally dangerous, but he is surrounded by and incites a group fixated on attacking the people he names, and was apparently involved in doxing and is largely ascribed for inciting anger, likely intentionally.

As far as complaints of the violation of free speech, again, that is not actually related to whether or not Berkeley or any institution must host him.

I'm not certain that rioting was necessary or the rational response. I will say that I've been to Berkeley and it was a peaceful, very cultured town. Nobody rioted while I was around. Almost like it takes some sort of disturbing event to cause one. Who'd have thought?

What a nice guy.

Ah, and in regards to somehow being impossible for a self-proclaimed gay jew to be promoting homophobia and anti-semitism, it's not only happened before but is apparently a common enough practice among conservatives.

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-10-anti- ... ormat=BLOG[/QUOTE]

The tweet was a joke obviously, male suicide is a big issue for alot of people in MRA movements but left wing feminists just decry all MRA's as sexist, so it's a joke designed to attract attention.

and I'm sure it's possible for a gay jew nazi who loves black dick, but tbh he's spoken out against white supremacy in the past.[DOUBLEPOST=1486105280,1486104881][/DOUBLEPOST]he says things like "hatespeech is cool" buy that's because to him "hatespeech " the Orwellian sounding term it is "hatespeech = wrongthink?" Is a term the establishment uses to label anything they even slightly disagree with as (Like how many of the above mentioned MRA's who are literally just advocating more help for men and are worried about male suicide are labeled as "sexist" and spreading "hate speech about women"

[MEDIA=youtube]iARHCxAMAO0[/MEDIA]

video from 2012

(.yes there are many sexist MRA's however there are also many sexist Feminists it doesn't mean they all should be labeled that way)

If you're going to actually accuse him of anything though the burden of proof falls on you and even if you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a racist, which he obviously isn't, but even if he was, it would not give anyone the right to deplatform him and violate his freedom to speak at an event that the republican group did have to help pay for, I'd probably even argue it violated their right to assemble freely.
-I'm Vgfian

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:27 am

that said I find it interesting. Probably the main thing about Milo's background and the first thing that got him notoriety is that he wrote one of if not the original piece that sparked #gamergate about ethics of a woman sleeping with a game critic to get a positive review and ethics in journalism and so on, then that eventually turned into feminists attacking him, which were kinda like the dominoes that fell leading to today where he gives college talks. It's just so fascinating to me, and no matter where you lineup on Milo I think you'd have to admit it's fascinating that alot of todays cultural movements come back to facking video games of all things.
-I'm Vgfian

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:41 am

Oh boy. Knew this would pop up sooner or later.

First off-- I want to be explicitly clear. The student organized protests were peaceful. See, here's the thing about the Berkeley community that a lot of people who aren't from here don't get. UC Berkeley students (or at least a large portion of them) protest frequently and consider ourselves/themselves active in movements such as Black Lives Matter, Occupy, etc etc. Protests occur on or around our campus, which we live near, value, love, and study at. This is our home. It's a place that gives us a voice and we respect that.

However, it is a campus that is connected to and open to the surrounding community. It's literally a crosswalk away from downtown urban Berkeley. People can come and go as they please.

Why do I bother pointing this out? Because any student protest can and will be hijacked by a particular self-claimed "anarchist" group that sports black bandannas and literally want to instigate fights with police, burn and break ****, hurt people, and be violent. They break and burn things that are part of our community which we then clean up after. That's right- student protestors were peacefully yet loudly gathering to protest this speaker (there were two student organized events; one was a demonstration against Milo's being hosted, the other was a LGBTQ dance party organized right outside the venue to distract and be flamboyant and liberal right in the speaker's face). Then this anarchist group, easily recognizable because they cover their faces and literally beat up people who try to record their actions (my roommate got threatened by them as someone who was also - but peacefully - protesting because she was also filming their activities), showed up and immediately started burning **** and setting off flares. Then after a while of trying to instigate **** with the police, they started marching off, destroying the local community area, and STUDENT PROTESTERS were largely the people cleaning up trash and putting out fires in their wake.

There were 1,000-2,000 peaceful student protestors. We were there for reasons I will address presently. This group of ~150 "anarchists" showed up because there was a big demonstration for them to take advantage of, and escalated it to extreme violence. The students then tried to clean up their mess. The students are now being blamed for their actions.

How do I know this? I was THERE. I was THERE when the same thing happened during the Black Lives Matter protests. I was in the streets with other peaceful demonstrators when this specific group of "anarchists" sporting black bandanas literally started smashing windows and burning ****. They do this every time. Every time the peaceful protestors bear the blame because they hijack our events or use them as excuses to be violent ****, and then we are all lumped together.

Now, that I have thoroughly emphasized that STUDENTS WERE NOT VIOLENT AND THE STUDENT DEMONSTRATION WAS PEACEFUL AND PROTECTED UNDER THE FIRST AMENDMENT. Let me address why we were protesting. Rather, here's an article about it written by our school's student newspaper. This article was written prior to the event encouraging the administration to refuse to host Milo.

http://www.dailycal.org/2017/01/10/uc-b ... ulos-talk/

excerpt:
At the University of Wisconsin, Yiannopoulos projected an image of a transgender student on a screen during his presentation, which was also being live broadcast onto the Breitbart News website, and began to “ridicule” and “vilify” her, causing the student to withdraw from the university, said the letter.
The argument isn't that Milo shouldn't be allowed to speak. He can keep writing his **** online articles all he wants. The argument is that his speeches at previous schools SINGLED OUT minority students without their consent and encouraged violence against them; in other words, he basically just came and bullied students. The argument is that he has a right to this ******** opinion but that a university that needs to look out for its students does not owe him a platform when it may - and has - put specific students at risk. The administration failed to listen to these concerns and chose to uplift and protect his voice despite concerns he would endanger minority students. So students peacefully demonstrated outside. The administration and Milo represent a decision we didn't agree with so we demonstrated against it. We have that right.

There is nothing students did that is uncalled for here. We have every right to speak out publicly and peacefully against his being given a platform here. Anarchists hijacked our peaceful event and demolished property. We even cleaned up after them. Yet we are being blamed.

Anyway, if the event is rescheduled or anything I'm gonna be right back out there because I'm not going to let some asswipe anarchists take away my right to protest, and I'm not going to sit down and be quiet about things that are important. I felt this was important. No space for hate speech to be uplifted on my campus. We were there because we all felt this way and felt a need to condemn this speaker and everything he stands for.

(Also, I want to be clear that while the violence was not committed by UC students and is largely not condoned by us, the fact that protests may contain violence or violent parties does not dismiss the validity of their cause. Look at the Boston tea party my homies. Just sayin)

((I'm not a student anymore but I say "we" because I live right by campus and still identify very strongly with the university community))
I believe in second chances, and that's why I believe in you.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:58 am

Well see I can agree with the protestors there, he has gone a bit far by putting someone on a big screen and talking about them.
Maybe the college should have put that caveat in there (for all I know they did I haven't looked into the agreement they had.)

Well, the antifa guys (the same group that was behind those violent protests during the inauguration ) (And yes that's what they're call themselves still, they've been active in calling youtubers "fascists " even when they aren't, and putting their names on a list for later attack I found out, like Kraut and Tea for example) may have been students as well, that still doesn't make it right that the actual protestors got blamed.
That's why I hope more people call them out for this, cause I literally have not heard that basis til now because of them and as I've stated before on other platforms they drown out any actual legitimate criticism like that.

And yeah from what I know they're anarchists, but anarcho communists specifically, at least that's usually the flag they carry out.

The sad part is Trump is already mulling over cutting funding for the school, which really isn't right, they tried to at the least facilitate free speech.

I have to disagree with you on the violence though especially if it's just to silence someone's speech
-I'm Vgfian

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:07 am

If it hasn't already been posted, this is a pretty good and neutral article on the whole thing (since I'm definitely biased in favor of the protestors on account of being one). It acknowledges the escalation was on the part of a different and distinct group from the student demonstrations:
Security officials said that more than 100 “masked agitators” joined the demonstration, setting fires, throwing molotov cocktails and rocks and attacking some members of the crowd. Officers from the city of Oakland and Alameda County arrived at 7:45 p.m. to help the university and Berkeley city police. Sgt. Sabrina Reich, UCPD public information officer, said campus police made one arrest last night of a non-student, on charges of failure to disperse. The “shelter in place” order was lifted about 10 p.m., although campus police warned that protests were still going on in the surrounding community and advised people to avoid neighboring streets.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/gra ... -protests/

....I just want to reiterate that if it wasn't for this group it would have literally been a peacefully disruptive protest + dance party to voice our concerns/dissatisfaction/anger/opposition to Milo's views being granted a platform and mic at our university, an act by students that is *supported by* the first amendment and not in opposition to it.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:22 am

[QUOTE="CuccoLady, post: 1620928, member: 30977"]Oh boy. Knew this would pop up sooner or later.

First off-- I want to be explicitly clear. The student organized protests were peaceful. See, here's the thing about the Berkeley community that a lot of people who aren't from here don't get. UC Berkeley students (or at least a large portion of them) protest frequently and consider ourselves/themselves active in movements such as Black Lives Matter, Occupy, etc etc. Protests occur on or around our campus, which we live near, value, love, and study at. This is our home. It's a place that gives us a voice and we respect that.

However, it is a campus that is connected to and open to the surrounding community. It's literally a crosswalk away from downtown urban Berkeley. People can come and go as they please.

Why do I bother pointing this out? Because any student protest can and will be hijacked by a particular self-claimed "anarchist" group that sports black bandannas and literally want to instigate fights with police, burn and break ****, hurt people, and be violent. They break and burn things that are part of our community which we then clean up after. That's right- student protestors were peacefully yet loudly gathering to protest this speaker (there were two student organized events; one was a demonstration against Milo's being hosted, the other was a LGBTQ dance party organized right outside the venue to distract and be flamboyant and liberal right in the speaker's face). Then this anarchist group, easily recognizable because they cover their faces and literally beat up people who try to record their actions (my roommate got threatened by them as someone who was also - but peacefully - protesting because she was also filming their activities), showed up and immediately started burning **** and setting off flares. Then after a while of trying to instigate **** with the police, they started marching off, destroying the local community area, and STUDENT PROTESTERS were largely the people cleaning up trash and putting out fires in their wake.

There were 1,000-2,000 peaceful student protestors. We were there for reasons I will address presently. This group of ~150 "anarchists" showed up because there was a big demonstration for them to take advantage of, and escalated it to extreme violence. The students then tried to clean up their mess. The students are now being blamed for their actions.

How do I know this? I was THERE. I was THERE when the same thing happened during the Black Lives Matter protests. I was in the streets with other peaceful demonstrators when this specific group of "anarchists" sporting black bandanas literally started smashing windows and burning ****. They do this every time. Every time the peaceful protestors bear the blame because they hijack our events or use them as excuses to be violent ****s, and then we are all lumped together.

Now, that I have thoroughly emphasized that STUDENTS WERE NOT VIOLENT AND THE STUDENT DEMONSTRATION WAS PEACEFUL AND PROTECTED UNDER THE FIRST AMENDMENT. Let me address why we were protesting. Rather, here's an article about it written by our school's student newspaper. This article was written prior to the event encouraging the administration to refuse to host Milo.

http://www.dailycal.org/2017/01/10/uc-b ... ulos-talk/

The argument isn't that Milo shouldn't be allowed to speak. He can keep writing his ****ty online articles all he wants. The argument is that his speeches at previous schools SINGLED OUT minority students without their consent and encouraged violence against them; in other words, he basically just came and bullied students. The argument is that he has a right to this ******** opinion but that a university that needs to look out for its students does not owe him a platform when it may - and has - put specific students at risk. The administration failed to listen to these concerns and chose to uplift and protect his voice despite concerns he would endanger minority students. So students peacefully demonstrated outside. The administration and Milo represent a decision we didn't agree with so we demonstrated against it. We have that right.

There is nothing students did that is uncalled for here. We have every right to speak out publicly and peacefully against his being given a platform here. Anarchists hijacked our peaceful event and demolished property. We even cleaned up after them. Yet we are being blamed.

Anyway, if the event is rescheduled or anything I'm gonna be right back out there because I'm not going to let some asswipe anarchists take away my right to protest, and I'm not going to sit down and be quiet about things that are important. I felt this was important. No space for hate speech to be uplifted on my campus. We were there because we all felt this way and felt a need to condemn this speaker and everything he stands for.

(Also, I want to be clear that while the violence was not committed by UC students and is largely not condoned by us, the fact that protests may contain violence or violent parties does not dismiss the validity of their cause. Look at the Boston tea party my homies. Just sayin)

((I'm not a student anymore but I say "we" because I live right by campus and still identify very strongly with the university community))[/QUOTE]

If your friend still has that video and will upload it to youtube I'll go out of my way to share it.
-I'm Vgfian

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:27 am

It was a livestream and I think it was restricted to just her friends, but thanks for the offer. Yeah those guys are douches.

Also, we are definitely in agreement that violence and burning **** at a protest against someone's *speech* was definitely uncalled for, hence my repeated insistence that the violence was by third party agitators who escalated a **** dance party because any protest or gathering is a space for them to infiltrate and start ****. I do believe that there are causes and circumstances in which violent protests are understandable and justified, and I certainly believe that even if it isn't such a case (like here), that some individual people choosing to be violent **** shouldn't render the initial cause of the protest and everyone else's peaceful actions and motivations meaningless.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:44 am

New news, the Republican students no longer have to pay the security fee

http://www.dailycal.org/2017/02/02/berk ... los-event/

After the cancellation of Milo Yiannopoulos’ campus appearance Wednesday night, UCPD will not charge the Berkeley College Republicans — the campus group that invited him — the $6,372 security fee previously associated with the event.

The original agreement between BCR and the campus stipulated that BCR would reimburse the campus for the security fee after the event, according to UC Berkeley spokesperson Dan Mogulof. The security fee, however, would have been allocated solely toward UCPD security inside the event. Security outside the event, where the protests took place, was covered under UCPD’s budget.

“(BCR) won’t be required to pay it because the event never actually took place,” Mogulof said. “They’re not going to be charged for event security for an event that didn’t happen. The additional security outside the venue … is not the responsibility of the Berkeley College Republicans.”

Last month, UCPD estimated that the security fee would cost about $7,500 to $10,000, but the charge was later reduced, according to BCR Internal Vice President Pieter Sittler.

BCR Treasurer David Craig said an anonymous donor who financed part of the security fee had two conditions for donating: that he remain anonymous and that the event occur. Because the event was canceled, BCR must refund the donor, Craig said.

“I’m told by (an) adviser in the ASUC that any donation to a club from the outside source can be reversed in 10 days,” Craig said.

Mogulof emphasized that waving BCR’s security fee is standard procedure: No student organization would be charged for event security were the event canceled.

“This isn’t an exception,” Mogulof said. “This is standard policy.”

Contact Chantelle Lee, Harini Shyamsundar and Jessica Lynn at newsdesk@dailycal.org.
-I'm Vgfian

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:55 am

^ I would hope so considering their event didn't happen.

......one last thing before I go to bed. I really need to address the most pressing and urgent unanswered question that is likely on everyone's minds reading my posts about my firsthand experience at this protest. Yes, don't worry-- the dance party was awesome. A live band came and started blasting trumpets and ****. Sproul Hall was lit up in the colors of the rainbow pride flag. 100/10.

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:07 am

I'll pretty much just go out and say that what I've heard falls in line with what CL said. In short though:

- There's no excuse for rioting. I don't think anyone sane (even if they agreed with the cause) would support people who did that.
- People try to co-opt messages all the time. (See also things like #Gamergate, where asking 5 people what it meant would give you 6 answers.)
- You have to be careful making snap judgements about most things these days.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:31 am

more news, the mayor has come out apologizing for labeling Milo as a white supremacist https://twitter.com/JesseArreguin/statu ... 7920004097

he still says he believes Milo's opinions to be hateful, many people appear to be calling him out saying his statement before was not only hateful but led to actual harm.

Edit:

Game developer Jonathon Blow (Braid, The Witness) has weighed in with his opinions and I think it reflects many people's opinions right now.

(Image removed for censor evasion, please be more conscientious of the rules for this board. - A.I.)
-I'm Vgfian

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:49 am

Bad Dragonite, post: 1620925, member: 32425 wrote:The tweet was a joke obviously, male suicide is a big issue for alot of people in MRA movements but left wing feminists just decry all MRA's as sexist, so it's a joke designed to attract attention.

and I'm sure it's possible for a gay jew nazi who loves black dick, but tbh he's spoken out against white supremacy in the past.[DOUBLEPOST=1486105280,1486104881][/DOUBLEPOST]he says things like "hatespeech is cool" buy that's because to him "hatespeech " the Orwellian sounding term it is "hatespeech = wrongthink?" Is a term the establishment uses to label anything they even slightly disagree with as (Like how many of the above mentioned MRA's who are literally just advocating more help for men and are worried about male suicide are labeled as "sexist" and spreading "hate speech about women"

[MEDIA=youtube]iARHCxAMAO0[/MEDIA]

video from 2012

(.yes there are many sexist MRA's however there are also many sexist Feminists it doesn't mean they all should be labeled that way)

If you're going to actually accuse him of anything though the burden of proof falls on you and even if you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a racist, which he obviously isn't, but even if he was, it would not give anyone the right to deplatform him and violate his freedom to speak at an event that the republican group did have to help pay for, I'd probably even argue it violated their right to assemble freely.
Honestly, I can't respect a person if everything they do has to come with a caveat that 'he doesn't mean it that way' and such. Anyone with a message who wants it to be heard will remove barriers to that message. I don't think any violence or crime is the right response to much of anything up until self defense is necessary and authorities are the ones in the wrong. I will definitely say that I don't for a moment think that the other side of such a conflict would avoid using that sort of conflict to intimidate if it were legal. As it is, this has all played out very much like I would expect a Pinkerton plant/union buster action to play out:
Corporations Auxiliary Company, a union buster during the first half of the 20th century, would tell employers,

"Our man will come to your factory and get acquainted... If he finds little disposition to organize, he will not encourage organization, but will engineer things so as to keep organization out. If, however, there seems a disposition to organize he will become the leading spirit and pick out just the right men to join. Once the union is in the field its members can keep it from growing if they know how, and our man knows how. Meetings can be set far apart. A contract can at once be entered into with the employer, covering a long period, and made very easy in its terms. However, these tactics may not be good, and the union spirit may be so strong that a big organization cannot be prevented. In this case our man turns extremely radical. He asks for unreasonable things and keeps the union embroiled in trouble. If a strike comes, he will be the loudest man in the bunch, and will counsel violence and get somebody in trouble. The result will be that the union will be broken up."
There are a few factors here and we should honestly take note. Breitbart is deeply involved with Trump, its editor having been made his chief strategist and largely engineered the campaign. Breitbart sends one of their pet trolls down to a well-known liberal campus. Protests happen as expected. They send in the plants who start a riot. This is intended to sway opinion against protestors and leftists. If we don't know the identity of the rioters, and there are many reports that they were not part of the initial protest, we cannot presume they are actually affiliated with the protestors in any way, or even the motivation of their actions.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:03 am

Honestly, I can't respect a person if everything they do has to come with a caveat that 'he doesn't mean it that way' and such.
It's called sarcasm. Anyone who actually listens to him would know that. Nobody wants more suicide, he's obviously being sarcastic. It's just people now have vilified "the other side" so much that now caveats are /apparently/ necessary.

On the last bit,
Well I know antifa has been around for a while now, actually. I'm not sure exactly how long yet, but I stumbled across a video from five months ago by kraut and tea on youtube called "It Ends Here" he was responding to a Controversy involving Atheism Is Unstoppable doxxing people who spoke out against him. It turns out Kraut's real name was on an antifa list, he had to actually explain who antifa was just because noone had heard of them.

Until I find out though hope your theory on how jet fuel can't melt steel beams works out.
-I'm Vgfian

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:46 am

[QUOTE="X-3, post: 1620886, member: 27765"]People like Milo or Spencer have never been interested in "healthy discussion." Their interest is to spread hate speech as wide as they can. Unfortunately, Americans are perfectly willing to normalize and coddle it.

I don't expect this to be the last wild, out-of-control left-wing riot over the next 4 8 years. I can only hope that proper leadership emerges among the left to properly control demonstrations and protest, otherwise we'll have more utterly regrettable instances like this.[/QUOTE]

plus the way I see it if this
[MEDIA=youtube]RC-Cqkq6zWc[/MEDIA]

is accepted speech at a college campus, then even if they were saying horrible things I'd say they deserve a platform like anyone else.

EDIT:

More messed up headlines about the riots.Image
-I'm Vgfian

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:39 am

Sarcasm doesn't work on Twitter unless you're a seasoned comedian so people are familiar with your voice & read the tweets that way.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Return to “Politics, Philosophy, and Religion”