If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Well well. That wall is coming after all.

Moderators: Deku Tree, I am nobody

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:36 am

Illegal immigration would be solved if they received zero benefits outside of emergency medical care. If nobody hires them or gives them a thing, if we actively pursue removing them and not just keeping them out, problem solved right? Maybe it's easier said than done for some reason.

Also, making it easier to legally enter would help.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:50 am

TBH I'd like to see a much easier path to citizenship laid down.
However I think we should crack down on illegal immigration more for both our country's sake and Mexico's people's.
While there are good examples of organized criminals coming into the country illegally I understand alot of the time when people come here illegally it is just to get out of their own country. The only reason I don't want amnesty is because there are those bad people as well and we have checks in place for that. (Not even taking into account how that spits in the face of many legal immigrants who seem to be just as divided as the rest of the country on the issue) As far as a wall goes, if it helps with illegal crossing then great. The corrupt Mexican government can stay in power all that much longer if we don't though. Currently the regime there stays in power because most illegals have issue with their own country and instead of facing hat they leave to the US and what do they do when they get here? They send money back over to their families, and thus to the Mexican government. So yeah. Those are just some random thoughts on the issue of Immigration.
-Bow Chika Bow Wow
-Your offense only makes me stronger.

Random User

Post by Random User » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:09 am

If we crack down on illegal immigration, who is supposed to fill up our hard-labor force and keep things cheap at the same time? I don't understand why people are so eager to change the illegal immigration situation when they are not really encroaching on job markets that a lot of citizens want.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:18 am

These companies make good profit, so the government should make them take the hit to keep prices low and maybe somehow help with that at least short term. Citizens will work those jobs for the right price.

Random User

Post by Random User » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:26 am

[QUOTE="I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!, post: 1620557, member: 18119"]These companies make good profit, so the government should make them take the hit to keep prices low and maybe somehow help with that at least short term. Citizens will work those jobs for the right price.[/QUOTE]
Really? The agricultural field, just for an example, does not really make that much money, and paying the workers more inevitably means that produce prices will start to rise. A lose-lose situation for no real reason.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:28 am

[QUOTE="SKELETOR, post: 1620556, member: 35827"]If we crack down on illegal immigration, who is supposed to fill up our hard-labor force and keep things cheap at the same time? I don't understand why people are so eager to change the illegal immigration situation when they are not really encroaching on job markets that a lot of citizens want.[/QUOTE]
Maybe in some cases, but among lower income areas where jobs are scarce? Not really.
But one big issue is they're literally sending money out of the country.
-Bow Chika Bow Wow
-Your offense only makes me stronger.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:27 am

[QUOTE="Shane, post: 1620502, member: 1"]Leftists reliably vote Democrat, regardless of whether or not they wish that voting to also be a label.[/QUOTE] e) I'm also not a leftist (but then again, I don't reliably vote Democrat either).

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Return to “Politics, Philosophy, and Religion”