If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

First Presidential Press Conference Only to Release Lies, More to Come

Moderators: Deku Tree, I am nobody

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:05 pm

[QUOTE="Bad Dragonite, post: 1621509, member: 32425"]I think we all got played, guys.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
lol[/QUOTE]
Not that the list is going to include any Libyan refugees or citizens born in those countries. Doesn't have anything to do with his ******** list. Glad to see he admits he's actually stoking the furnace of paranoia by digging up a lump-sum of events to make them more prevalent in the public's memory. Stay afraid, people.

Also, that's an admission of lying.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:50 pm

[QUOTE="My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller, post: 1621560, member: 25415"]Not that the list is going to include any Libyan refugees or citizens born in those countries. Doesn't have anything to do with his ******** list. Glad to see he admits he's actually stoking the furnace of paranoia by digging up a lump-sum of events to make them more prevalent in the public's memory. Stay afraid, people.

Also, that's an admission of lying.[/QUOTE]
that's not Donald Trump's Twitter that's a fan's. Though the travel moratorium has been left open enough to add more countries if needed or if you are wanting more countries banned from traveling here.
-Bow Chika Bow Wow
-Your offense only makes me stronger.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Ah, I thought that might be the case. I saw the photo, didn't read the handle.

I don't think travel bans to those countries is effective or necessary. Some of them are essentially in a state of disarray, and so travelers from them may be treated with (some) extra skepticism as there is effectively little verification of identity or point of origin. Personally, I believe in innocent until proven guilty. People are individuals, treat them as such. I don't approve of this guilt-by-association thing, unless you've got it down to 'guy was observed going to, communicating with terrorist encampments' and such, there's that whole 'burden of proof' thing you bring up and this is a much more sweeping and irrational indictment than whether or not a troll can be seen as responsible for the behavior of his audience.

Hell, whenever someone wants to bring up what's happened before as some sort of evidence of what's coming next, and it's about Islamic terrorists, I just get mad all over again. Bush had specific intel about the specific people who were specifically terrorists who specifically perpetrated the 9/11 attacks. This **** wouldn't have happened if a republican president had paid attention to his goddamn intel briefings. Sound familiar? Xenophobia and Islamophobia aren't a blanket that will protect you from the monster of an inept leader's incompetence.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

X-3

Post by X-3 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:46 pm

US appeals court upholds suspension of Trump travel ban
A federal appeals court refused Thursday to reinstate President Donald Trump's ban on travelers from seven predominantly Muslim nations, dealing another legal setback to the new administration's immigration policy.

In a unanimous decision, the panel of three judges from the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals declined to block a lower-court ruling that suspended the ban and allowed previously barred travelers to enter the U.S. An appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court is possible.

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Can't wait for the landmark Supreme Court Case, Judicial Branch v. Executive Branch
Carthago delendum est

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:18 pm

[QUOTE="My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller, post: 1620541, member: 25415"]You know as well as anyone else does that the things a person reads are not necessarily the things a person does. Should we start banning books? Who decides which idea is okay to share? Embracing the attitude that the entire faith practices and accepts that belief is completely irresponsible, and still negligent of the literal billions of Muslims in the world who very obviously aren't trying to murder you by merit of you managing to live this long. You can tell me that religious text is a dangerous influence all you want, and I agree, but that is all that a shallow amount of inspection reveals. Our culture is obsessed with death and combat and heroism. There is not insignificant risk in being American, certainly. Most criminals care little for what laws do exist and it is a matter of them risking the repercussions to achieve whatever their mind determines is necessary. You cannot stop people from becoming radicalized murderers inside the US, and it happens often, and most importantly it is a culture that celebrates conflict and dominance. The problem of threats will never go away if you simply get rid of books that reference them, and certainly not just if you get rid of books which appear to you to endorse it.[/quote]
Sorry for the late reply, got lazy.

It's true that the things a person reads don't always come into practice, and obviously we shouldn't ban books, but we should certainly educate people and not pretend something is fine when it clearly is not. Most Christians, myself included, don't follow Christ's commandments very well, much to the detriment of society as a whole since the world would be a better place if we did. Christian zealots are few and far between. However, luckily the same is true of Muslims because the world would be a much worse place if there were. That's what terrorists are, Muslim zealots following Mohammad's teachings much closer than the rest.

I'm sure this will devolve into debating what constitutes Christianity if we let it, teaching a history lesson about the crusades, and maybe even some nonsense about Christian terrorists attacking abortion centers (which is very misleading seeing as nothing Christ did or taught could ever be honestly misconceived as endorsing such a thing) but it won't change that there is more trouble with Islam than any other religion. The Westboro Baptists aren't even as bad as "moderate" Muslims.

There's some truth to what you're saying about American culture but if you're trying to draw any comparison to Middle Eastern culture just by saying there's a risk in being American then I think that's flimsy. The bit about law is a good one for me to point at because what is crime here is law in some Muslim countries, such as killing gays.

[quote="My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller]Terrorism as a global threat assessed by insurance companies is really a non-issue"]

I am glad asteroids kill more, let's work to keep it that way.

[quote="My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller]International threats are a favorite whipping boy of all politicians"]

And neither should immigration be too easy for some. It's one thing to let Mexicans and Canadians in, Muslim countries should be under much more scrutiny. People have rational concerns about Islam and it's labelled Islamophobia, a dirty tactic to shame people into easing up on legitimate issues. Just because a local is more likely to attack me than a terrorist doesn't mean much, there's more of them for one thing.

[quote="My Potions Are Too Strong For You Traveller]Do yourself a favor and use what little knowledge we have about preventative action to put your fears into perspective. Is the problem real? Is it actually a concern in my lifestyle and location? When you actually look for numbers to evaluate in an idealistically agnostic"]

A small problem starts small but doesn't always end small. Best to nip it in the bud.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:42 pm

[QUOTE="X-3, post: 1621680, member: 27765"]US appeals court upholds suspension of Trump travel ban[/QUOTE]
US govt keeps working as intended despite attempts to circumvent it. Very disgraceful!

PataPanfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by PataPanfan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:11 pm

jesus christ that was definitely some press conference he had today
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:55 pm

"We've got real leakers leaking real information, but the news media are still lying when they tell you what the leakers really said. Everything's totally fine here; I'm a great leader. But I had no idea what my security adviser did. But he didn't do anything wrong."

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

X-3

Post by X-3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:12 pm

^That's too concise and legible/comprehensible to be an accurate fake quote.
"We've got real- I say real, because they're real losers, real lowlifes who are going against the American Government- leakers leaking real information- I say information, but it's really just a load of nonsense, but the failing news media- which let me remind you have constantly lied to the American People and want nothing more than to see me fail to make up for their failure last November- are still lying when they tell you what the leakers really said- and they said terrible things, awful things, but they didn't! Because that's not what they said. Everything's totally fine here- the mainstream media likes the word 'completely' so I'm using the word totally here, because the word 'completely', let's face it, it doesn't get the job done, much like Obama and ISIS. Obama, he did a terrible job with ISIS, just terrible. I'm a great leader, but everyone has been so unfair to me. They've been really rough on me, rougher than the rest of them. But I had no idea what my security adviser, who was a fantastic, terrific man, simply the best, did. But he didn't do anything wrong, unlike Hillary Clinton, whose failed campaign has turned the left into real bullies. I say turned, but they were always, real bullies, like real vicious."

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:27 pm

"Rougher than the rest of them"

Tougher than leather
Carthago delendum est

PataPanfan
Location: if a lot of people love each other the world would be a better place to live

Post by PataPanfan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:58 am

from Fox News (which Donnie tells me is the Good News Source so it's not fake news)

that seems bad
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

St. Tazy Ten

Post by St. Tazy Ten » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Wow, he's doing better than I expected.

:p

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:29 am

A piece regarding the President & Thief's belief that facts are not more relevant than his preferred fictions:

http://time.com/4675860/donald-trump-fake-news-attacks/

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:25 am

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... -congress/
Endorsed by Robert Reich former Secretary of Labor wrote: 1. He called Hillary Clinton a crook.
You bought it.
Then he paid $25 million to settle a fraud lawsuit.

2. He said he’d release his tax returns, eventually.
You bought it.
He hasn’t, and says he never will.

3. He said he’d divest himself from his financial empire, to avoid any conflicts of interest.
You bought it.
He is still heavily involved in his businesses, manipulates the stock market on a daily basis, and has more conflicts of interest than can even be counted.

4. He said Clinton was in the pockets of Goldman Sachs, and would do whatever they said.
You bought it.
He then proceeded to put half a dozen Goldman Sachs executives in positions of power in his administration.

5. He said he’d surround himself with all the best and smartest people.
You bought it.
He nominated theocratic loon Mike Pence for Vice President. A white supremacist named Steve Bannon is his most trusted confidant. Dr. Ben Carson, the world’s greatest idiot savant brain surgeon, is in charge of HUD. Russian quisling Rex Tillerson is Secretary of State.

6. He said he’d be his own man, beholden to no one.
You bought it.
He then appointed Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education, whose only “qualifications” were the massive amounts of cash she donated to his campaign.

7. He said he would “drain the swamp” of Washington insiders.
You bought it.
He then admitted that was just a corny slogan he said to fire up the rubes during the rallies, and that he didn’t mean it.

8. He said he knew more about strategy and terrorism than the Generals did.
You bought it.
He promptly gave the green light to a disastrous raid in Yemen- even though all his Generals said it would be a terrible idea. This raid resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL, an 8-year old American girl, and numerous civilians. The actual target of the raid escaped, and no useful intel was gained.

9. He said Hillary Clinton couldn’t be counted on in times of crisis.
You bought it.
He didn’t even bother overseeing that raid in Yemen; and instead spent the time hate-tweeting the New York Times, and sleeping.

10. He called CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times “fake news” and said they were his enemy.
You bought it.
He now gets all his information from Breitbart, Gateway Pundit, and InfoWars.

11. He called Barack Obama “the vacationer-in-Chief” and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, not when there was so much important work to be done.
You bought it.
He took his first vacation after 11 days in office.
On the taxpayer’s dime.
And went golfing.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:56 am

I never trust articles with such tones. If it were objective instead of screaming "spin" I'd be more concerned.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:08 am

^Reich isn't saying the allegations about Hillary weren't true. He's saying Trump is guilty of the same things & more.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:13 am

Trump's far from clean but I don't think you become that powerful without getting a little dirty. At least there's not tons of pervasive rumors about assassinations floating around Trump.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:16 am

when you play dirty, kick ass and take names to get to the top, it's called the American Dream. when you do that as a politician, it's called corruption.

everybody wants their white knight in office but that's never gonna happen. despite evidence to the contrary, fans are always going to view their choice as a white knight
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:17 am

^^No, those rumors are floating around Bannon instead.

And rememeber, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Return to “Politics, Philosophy, and Religion”