If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

What political views/opinions have you changed on, if any, and why?

Moderators: Deku Tree, I am nobody

Bomby

Post by Bomby » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:01 pm

[QUOTE="I REALLY HATE PRESENTS!, post: 1620335, member: 18119"]In what way? Like expanding welfare programs?[/QUOTE]
Essentially. Most importantly, healthcare. Ideally speaking, there are a lot of things I'd would try to reform, though I'm well aware that getting all of them is highly unlikely: obviously, making sure that no one is discriminated against for having pre-existing conditions, providing global funding and all-payer rate setting for hospitals to keep the cost of procedures down, lower deductibles and out-of-pocket maxes, expanded physician choice, and a public option healthcare (if not single-payer, but would be far out).

But also other basic infrastructure issues that would improve the lives of citizens regardless of income. Creating incentives to develop clean energy sources, fixing our damn roads (not sure about how bad they are nationwide but they're in terrible shape in Wisconsin), improving our public schools, etc.

In all honesty, a lot of what I'd attempt to fund would mostly be a re-hashing of Lyndon Johnson's "Great Society" programs. Though I'd like to include more preparations for (and being realistic about) the post-manufacturing economy we've been transitioning to.

I'm well aware that there would be a lot of compromises along the way. But a step forward is a step forward.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:46 am

There really need to be more public programs for engaging people and helping them learn to live independently and connect to community in a meaningful way. And not just volunteer service for kids who are too old for sunday schools or whatever. People who are older don't feel like there's much of anyone they can really turn to unless someone's trying to kill them. Too many people in their 20s are depressed and disenfranchised and telling them to go to university and get a job isn't any kind of solution.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Shane
Administrator

Post by Shane » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:37 am

I just got back from Canada. The lesson I was told repeatedly: you get what you pay for.
I laugh in the face of danger, then I hide until it goes away.

mushroom
Supporter

Post by mushroom » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:36 pm

im a muslim extremist now
I'm a pastry chef of love

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:41 pm

A leftist darling, then.

X-3

Post by X-3 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:43 pm

:rolleyes:

Return to “Politics, Philosophy, and Religion”