Discussing politics isn't inherently bad

Moderators: I am nobody, Deku Tree

Bad Dragonite

Discussing politics isn't inherently bad

Post by Bad Dragonite » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Look if someone has an opposing view to you, it's okay to not be silent. It's healthy to have arguments about things you are passionate about and there's no more important things on earth right now that politics, philosophy, and religion. Getting angry because you're passionate about it is normal. Just try and stay respectful, if not out of courtesy then to maintain your own credibility. That said I'm a firm believer that free speech is important. I'm tired of seeing people speaking their mind and being ostracized because they don't conform. An echo chamber isn't healthy, it causes stagnation and closed mindedness. Argument and debate is a good way of getting new ideas out there. It's a touchy subject yeah and people will get angry but only because they care deeply about it. So no it's not bad to argue. And no political discussions are not evil.
-I'm Vgfian

spooky scary bearatons

Post by spooky scary bearatons » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:24 pm

.................... literally no one has said they are bad

we just have a place for that kind of discussion

and it's in this forum, not spilled over the rest of the forums, im legitimately stunned its that hard to get.
"whether you have or have no wealth, the system might fail you, but don't fail yourself" -
GET BETTER - dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:26 pm

well you have so many people that just avoid ppr and avoid politics in general because they think it's bad to talk about it. It's more for those.
Also if you mean the black women in video games thing I stated clearly it should've been in ppr, so I get it.
-I'm Vgfian

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:27 pm

This does not deserve its own thread. If you have an issue with what I've been saying, either keep it in the same thread or send me a PM. Please note that I have never told you to lie down or blindly accept anything.
Myself wrote: Discuss the article. Point out its flaws. Defend your point. These are all valid routes to take through this situation. What I'm trying to get across is that it is possible to do all those things without accusing someone of being privileged or being an SJW or really of accusing anyone of anything at all. This board is indeed for discussion, but discussion implies that there is communication happening.

I'll say it again. Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
Carthago delendum est

Return to “Politics, Philosophy, and Religion”