I bought an Ocarina

Moderator: Calamity Panfan

Bad Dragonite

I bought an Ocarina

Post by Bad Dragonite » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:57 am

I thought that might be something to talk about. :)
-I'm Vgfian

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:21 am

Is it a Zelda-themed Ocarina, or a generic Ocarina?
Carthago delendum est

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:33 am

[QUOTE="Marilink, post: 1619939, member: 23215"]Is it a Zelda-themed Ocarina, or a generic Ocarina?[/QUOTE]
it's a functional replica ha. I want to save up and get a songbird dragontooth though if nothing else than because it's really cool.
-I'm Vgfian

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:48 am

Cool. I got a hand-crafted ocarina when I was down in Argentina. I tried to get the bluest one that I could...
Carthago delendum est

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:30 am

Quick, take us back in time. Pls. Like before 2016.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Random User

Post by Random User » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:36 am

I bought an ocarina at NYCC last year. Unfortunately it's one that isn't too commonly used so I can't find many songs to play on it other than what the booklet it came with has given me.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:10 pm

[QUOTE="SKELETOR, post: 1619960, member: 35827"]I bought an ocarina at NYCC last year. Unfortunately it's one that isn't too commonly used so I can't find many songs to play on it other than what the booklet it came with has given me.[/QUOTE]
If you look up David Erick Ramos on YouTube he may have something about it. He's basically been "the ocarina guy" on there for over a decade and I've been following him almost as long as Ive been on this forum.[DOUBLEPOST=1485382231,1485382123][/DOUBLEPOST][QUOTE="ScottyMcGee, post: 1619959, member: 31048"]Quick, take us back in time. Pls. Like before 2016.[/QUOTE]
It hasn't come in the mail yet sadly, hopefully the moon doesn't crash into us before that point. :o
-I'm Vgfian

nerofire68

Post by nerofire68 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:30 am

I actually wanted to get a Zelda replica one before. How much do they run and where did you get it?
I know I have seen them online before but a lot of them got poor reviews or mixed ones, or were just over priced so I skipped out.

Bad Dragonite

Post by Bad Dragonite » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:50 am

I got it on Ebay from a seller called ChargerAngel. It's not a super detailed instrument. It's just a basic ceramic ocarina with blue paint and a blue polish and a metallic triforce painted on at the stem. It and the box it comes in both look nice (the box featuring nice Ocarina of Time artwork on the front and definitely being reusable, it's where I mainly keep the instrument) and it comes with sheet music for a few basic songs, like Mary had a little lamb, or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It's little out of tune I think, and it has some trouble with high notes, but as a first Ocarina I like it okay. I can play basic things like the Song of Storms or the Song of Healing on it just fine with no issue. The sound is alright altogether. It's currently discounted to $10.79 US from that specific seller and it's definitely worth that IMO especially if you just want one to play around with and happen to be a fan of Zelda. :smile:
[spoiler]
Image[/spoiler]

Also I just decided to buy another Ocarina, this one being from a Chinese seller and supposedly being of professional quality, though I sortof doubt it with how cheap it is (like $16 US) but mainly wanted it because it's smoked and the pattern and colouring are interesting to me. The reviews were generally good, and a video of one of them had a pretty good sound so hoping it is alright. At worst I wasted sixteen dollars on a neat looking display instrument.
[spoiler]

Image[/spoiler]
-I'm Vgfian

Return to “Music and Podcasts”