If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

R.I.P. Chester Bennington of Linkin Park

Moderator: Calamity Panfan

Calamity Panfan

R.I.P. Chester Bennington of Linkin Park

Post by Calamity Panfan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Chester Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park who had a brief stint as Stone Temple Pilots frontman, was found dead today at the young age of 41. He died by suicide from hanging.

I was never the biggest Linkin Park fan. There were some songs I enjoyed occasionally but for the most part it wasn't for me (though I unabashedly really dig that collab EP with Jay-Z). But that doesn't matter. The fact is, he was part of a band that was massively influential for thousands, millions of people my age. The emotion and pain that came across in their lyrics was very real and felt by many. I've seen countless messages today stating just how important Linkin Park's music was to their lives and how it got them through tough times. That's so important and necessary for so many people regardless of age to feel heard and that they're not alone.

Remember that. You're not alone, and there are people that love you and care about you.

[MEDIA=youtube]DLlF2FMv968[/MEDIA]
and that's the waaaaaaaaaay the news goes

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Jeez.

A suicide is the worst kind of tragedy.

Heaven help him.
boo-----------------------few who look upon his yucky elongated wiggle-hands live to tell the tale

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Damn, that's terrible news. :( I've never been a huge fan of Linkin Park, but I've enjoyed a few of their songs since Meteora.

R.I.P.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Holy ****.

Linkin Park was a secret fave of mine in high school. Half of my favorite AMVs were set to their songs. Always enjoyed them.

What a tragedy... I'm going to listen to a lot of their songs tonight, they're good for grieving. RIP.
~ * ~ a true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved ~ * ~

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Utterly shocking. RIP :(
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:57 am

I feel the need to share a particular Sonic X AMV. Spoilers for season 3 I guess. (Please also admire the DeviantArt era intro before it starts, this whole video is a work of art.)

[MEDIA=youtube]v7rHQw5q7Ng[/MEDIA]

Picture a 14-year-old me, having just finished Sonic X and being emotionally devastated by it all, turning to YouTube for help. It's about 3 in the morning on a school night but I can't go to bed because I've been crying so hard at this stupid Sonic anime. I find this video, watch it, cry about 10 times harder and watch it about five times before I'm exhausted and go to bed with a heart full of sad Tails and Cosmo feels. Being a young teenage weeaboo is hard, and this song helped me deal with all of my young teenage weeaboo feelings.

RIP Chester, this song and the above Sonic X AMV (which can I just say is actually impeccably edited) are something I make fun of a lot but legit I won't even lie I loved them unironically and I cried so damn hard to this video and it was cathartic as hell. Linkin Park has some great songs for addressing and processing grief, and this is one of them.
~ * ~ a true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved ~ * ~

smol Kat

Post by smol Kat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:45 pm

This is a huge shock. RIP.
Do you know how much you mean to me
Why must you leave~?

Follow The Buzzards

Post by Follow The Buzzards » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Friend sent me that yesterday I believe and I thought it was one of those fake news at first but I guess not :< RIP.

Heroine of the Dragon
Administrator

Post by Heroine of the Dragon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:12 pm

:( RIP Chester.
She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds...

Happiest faerie of VGF.

е и ժ е я
Supermod

Post by е и ժ е я » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:48 am

LP had a few songs I genuinely liked, although never the stuff I heard in their singles. Chester worked hard and did what he loved, and that's some of the best qualities a person can exhibit. Rest in piece, bud.

[MEDIA=youtube]6EVpgeq5sNA[/MEDIA]
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

Return to “Music and Podcasts”