88 MOVIES FOR 2019!!!!! WHO NEEDS A LIFE LET'S WATCH MOVIES!!!!!!!!

Moderators: Bomby, Apollo the Just

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Re: 88 MOVIES FOR 2019!!!!! WHO NEEDS A LIFE LET'S WATCH MOVIES!!!!!!!!

Post by CaptHayfever » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:35 am

48) Batman (1989) - A-
49) Hercules (1997) - B-

It's been a long time since I've watched Hercules, & it's weird how much it doesn't hold up, which itself is weird because there's still a lot of good in there. The Muses are a delight. DeVito & Woods are bringing it. The art is lovely. But the script is a little too "hip"; the nicknames are very jarring, & there are way too many characters trying to imitate the Genie. Hercules himself sounds almost exactly like Aladdin, & their characters being near opposites (powerless streetwise everyman & superhuman naive demigod) makes that just silly. The washout of Greek mythology is irritating; I know kids can handle the actual stories because I had learned a lot of the actual stories already, in school. But most of all...."Go the Distance" is a really bad song.

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:36 pm

'Ponyo'

Treated the kids to a pizza party and rootbeer floats on Saturday night, with 'Ponyo' the night's entertainment. Never before saw the whole thing in one sitting. Kids liked it lots. By far not my favourite Miyazaki flick (that'd be 'Castle of Cagliostro', natch), but it's alright.
the eternal sneaky wriggler, twistier than god's own corkscrew, sharp as split lightning

mushroom

Post by mushroom » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:06 pm

7. Spider-Man: Far From Home - 5 out of 5
Fun as hell, great effects. Perfectly easy to follow if you're like me and haven't really kept up with Marvel at all (last MCU movie I saw was Civil War). Main cast was very likable all around.

mushroom

Post by mushroom » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:39 pm

8. Where'd You Go, Bernadette? - 5 out of 5
Cate Blanchett is incredible. Bernadette is a great character and the movie wisely focuses mostly on her. Beautifully shot. Plot moves briskly, though maybe a tad too much near the end. This kind of movie is extremely my bag and I'm not sure why it's gotten such meh reception.

Return to “Movies, Television, and Animation”