If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

So, you're a Jedi...

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

What colour is your lightsaber?

Rainbow (I may have created this one just for me...)
13%
13%
9%
15%
9%
6%
9%
9%
6%
13%

Total votes: 47

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Fri May 22, 2015 9:25 am

^Alright. If you're specifically looking for certain editions, might I suggest alibris.com?

My mother's a grade-school librarian and a grandma, she wants specific editions for her stuff, man, and she uses alibris.com to get them. Like, I was after the hardcover of an out-of-print book last year, and alibris was able to help me where Amazon was not.

Might be able to get you what you're looking for, homey. Caveat emptor, of course---------research what you're after, lest you get a pig in a poke. Worth a try, at least. Worth a try. [EDIT: It's important to bring up you might get used and/or library editions of things. I mean, they can hook you up with your jam, but it might not be in perfect mint condition. Just...you know. Check everything out before you buy. They deal in used/library stuff as well as new stuff. Important to consider.]
boo-----------------------few who look upon his yucky elongated wiggle-hands live to tell the tale

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Fri May 22, 2015 10:02 am

Sweet, thanks. I don't really mind the used/library aspect. Well - so long as it's not in crappy poor condition. Like so long as it's not like torn or has penis drawings somewhere on the back page or the binding was bent a dozen times over.

Speaking of people looking for specific editions, I remember when I was a freshman at my college and became a regular customer of the nearby used/rare bookstore. I decided to sell some books that I had no interest anymore. I had this nice hardcover copy of Robin Hood, but it was like the children's edition. Still had nice illustrations though. But I was weeding out stuff in my house that I just did not have room for anymore. So I sold it.

Fast forward to my senior year. I go to the store for like the hundredth time. I see my edition of Robin Hood that I sold to them on the cashier's counter. It had like a note on it or something saying "RESERVED."

So I pointed and said, "Oh, I sold that to you like 3 years ago. Funny. Someone ordering it or something?"

And the woman's like, "Oh yeah. We got a call from a frantic mother who was looking for THIS SPECIFIC EDITION. She wants to read it to her kids. We're set to ship it tomorrow."

And I got so warm and fuzzy inside. It was like a sign. Right there as I was about to graduate I was letting go of my childish things and passed them on to other kids. Man, that was a good feeling.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Fri May 22, 2015 6:56 pm

^That's really cool. Passing the torch, kind of. Seeing something that clearly meant a lot to you go to someone else that it'll mean a lot to. Thanks for sharing that, man. It kind of warmed my heart to hear it.
boo-----------------------few who look upon his yucky elongated wiggle-hands live to tell the tale

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Sat May 30, 2015 4:38 am

So I've been thinking about Attack of the Clones lately. I know, never a good idea. But I've begun to realize how creepy and unprofessional Anakin behaves towards Padme in the film. They haven't seen or spoken to each other in ten years (and they only had a handful of minor interactions in TPM), and the very first thing Anakin does when they meet again is leer and babble about how beautiful she is. He tells her he's thought of her every day since they met, that he's dreamed of her. He says being around her is "intoxicating." His excuse for his inappropriate behavior is "when I'm around you, my mind is no longer my own." And that's not even getting into him openly defying her authority on at least one occasion, or stating that politicians who don't agree should be "made to," or the mass murder of Sand People.

How the hell did none of this raise any big, fluttering red flags for her? She should've sent his stalker ass back to the Jedi Temple and gotten a guardian who wasn't a creepy loser, like Kit Fisto. Or Yaddle.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat May 30, 2015 5:09 am

Sounds like an average woman's decision right there.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sat May 30, 2015 6:47 am

^^Yeah, nothin creepy about Kit Fisto, the gross hentai tentacle monster whose last name is goldang 'Fisto'. Like what nubile young woman wouldn't want that abomination staying in the same house as her.

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sat May 30, 2015 1:43 pm

^^I didn't know Yaddle was a Jedi.

^Speaking of which, why not Aayla Secura? For real, her last name is goldang SECURA. I'd feel safe with her guarding me (as long as I didn't have visions of the future where she gets shot in the back).

And remember, "I'm-a Luigi, number one!"

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sat May 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Why not just let her guard herself, for that matter? Padme's a damn sight less incompetent and stupid than the Jedi Council or the Trade Federation guys (boy, talk about damning with faint praise)---------hell, if she needs a guard, you know, as former Queen of the dumb planet, I'm sure she could arrange a stay in the royal palace on Naboo, with her homey Captain Panaka and his guys watching over her. (Captain Panaka was rad. He and his squad took on the entire castle's worth of robots like boss champs and came out without a scratch. Really makes you appreciate how worthless the Jedi are, when like six normal dudes and Padme are more capable of capturing Nute Gunray in his own base than the entire Council is for the whole of the next two movies.) A stay in the palace seems a bit safer than just being in the middle of nowhere with one guy watching over you, especially if that one guy is stupid fool Anakin.

Who the crap is Yaddle, again? Another stupid CGI alien waving a glowstick around, I shouldn't wonder?

Boy, you know who I really hate, is that piece of garbage Ki-Adi-Mundi. With his gross wiener Beldar-ass head. Spouting off like he knows things, talking down to Padme and all. Literally the only good part of RotS was when his troops lit his ass up like the Fourth of July and he died screaming in pain. Everyone in the theatre I saw it in was laughing uproariously and applauding at that part. Haha, he consumed mass quantities of sh*t.

SmackDownPete

Post by SmackDownPete » Sun May 31, 2015 1:12 am

Look I'm finally gonna come out and say it. The best Jedi Master is Master Bayts. Yes its pronounced exactly like you'd think.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Soon_Bayts

The Amazing Tazy Ten

Post by The Amazing Tazy Ten » Sun May 31, 2015 2:32 am

Ugh, I thought that was just a joke. What the hell is wrong with the Star Wars universe?!

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Sun May 31, 2015 3:35 am

What about Beldorion?

Yes, that's a **** Hutt Jedi.

SmackDownPete

Post by SmackDownPete » Sun May 31, 2015 3:57 am

Now imagine how hilarious a fight between Yoda and Beldorion would be.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sun May 31, 2015 2:44 pm

^Can't----------too busy picturing how asinine it would be.

I seem to recall some EU stuff about how Hutts couldn't learn to use the Force. Huh.

'Master Bayts', ehhh? You know, that's so dumb I could almost think George Lucas came up with it, but compared to sh*t like 'Darth Icky', it's mildly clever. Incredibly juvenile, but, well, it isn't as though 'Darth Icky' is any better...

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Sun May 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Hutts are slow, large, short-armed, can't jump, & less-than-agile. I could see them using Force powers, but they should be absolute crap with lightsabers.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:21 am

[MEDIA=youtube]4nJS-LPcFfw[/MEDIA]

Honest Trailers covers my problems with AotC, including Anakin's overwhelming creepiness.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:20 pm

You know, I can actually kind of see a Hutt Jedi master, but only in the real movies, where being a Jedi seemed to be so much more about using the Force, sensing stuff, reaching out with one's consciousness. Doing cool telekinesis stuff. Seeing the future, calling out to people. Focusing one's chi and all. Nevermind the prequels, with their dumb midichlorians and flailing about with a stupid lasersword----------you know, it's actually kind of in-keeping with the real SW biz that your great teachers would be the last people you'd expect. Ben Kenobi was a real old weirdo-beardo hermit. Yoda was this tiny little dude living in a gross swamp. Recall that Yoda didn't spend a single moment teaching Luke about lightsabre combat------evidently he saw more use in imparting wisdom, teaching Luke how to be a Jedi cool guy and all. Would it be out of place for Luke to study under some slow-moving slug-blob-monster, learning yet more about surpassing one's physical limitations? I don't think so. No more than it was out of place for Kwai Chang Caine to study under Master Po, the ancient blind guy. Because apparently there's more to being a Jedi than just having the dumb sword, isn't there.

spooky scary bearatons

Post by spooky scary bearatons » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:21 pm

i could totally dig a hutt jedi
"whether you have or have no wealth, the system might fail you, but don't fail yourself" -
GET BETTER - dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip

CaptHayfever
Supermod

Post by CaptHayfever » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:35 pm

^Literally. They're big enough to dig into with a shovel. ;)

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:52 pm

^ Ohohohohoho.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:17 pm

dee wanna wanga

You know, not to go pretending the Separatist leadership wasn't dumber'n a sack of hammers, but you'd think they'd have some better protocol in place for dealing with Jedi guys than 'shoot at them'. Like, why not issue every tenth, or twentieth, or hundredth battle droid a thermal detonator? or a space bazooka? I mean, I'm not saying it would necessarily work-------just, you know, it's a hell of a lot harder to reflect an explosion with a lightsabre blade than a blaster bolt. Plus then we might have gotten to see that bitch Ki-Adi-Mundi get his legs blown off, and then cry and wet himself from the pain. That would have been extraordinarily funny. He'd be crying, all sad. Picking up his blown-off legs, trying to stick them back on. Realising he doesn't have enough Force-mana to cast a healing spell on himself because his magichlorians were all concentrated in his metatarsals and tibias. Then crying some more. Comedy gold.

Return to “Polls Forum”