If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

So, you're a Jedi...

Moderator: Heroine of the Dragon

What colour is your lightsaber?

Rainbow (I may have created this one just for me...)
13%
13%
9%
15%
9%
6%
9%
9%
6%
13%

Total votes: 47

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Wed May 06, 2015 4:39 pm

Didn't say losing the Battle at Endor wasn't a huge deal-------said the Empire would have won if the stitch they dropped (aka not accounting for the Ewoks) hadn't caused their pants to fall down at a crucial moment and allowed the Rebels to kick them right in the wiener. (Boo is champion at metaphors.)
boo------------------------------that old long-tongued liar

SmackDownPete

Post by SmackDownPete » Wed May 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Look the only person beyond redemption regarding Star Wars is George Lucas.
[MEDIA=youtube]oShTJ90fC34[/MEDIA]

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Mon May 18, 2015 10:18 pm

Redeeming Vader was Luke's own personal victory, unconnected with the Rebel triumph. He could have failed utterly and come crying home. Hell, for that matter, he could just as easily have wound up in a holding cell, or still been fooling around with still-Dick Side Vader and Palperino when Death Star Numero Dos went kablooie.

...not actually sure what that says about Luke, come right to it. I mean, don't mistake me, I love him, I love that he surrenders to the Empire just to get a shot at redeeming Vader. But, like, how sh*tty would you feel as Luke if you had to abandon Vader as a lost cause at the end, escaped the Death Star explosion, and then saw how many Rebel guys and cool-guy Ewoks died during the battle. Knowing you could have been there to help from the word 'go'. Guilt, man. Ewoks are people.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue May 19, 2015 2:47 am

Ewoks ain't people. I wish Vader had committed another genocide there.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue May 19, 2015 3:21 am

...I wish I could do a Care Bear Stare on you. I could help you.

But I'm not a Care Bear.

Not yet.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Tue May 19, 2015 3:34 am

Important question: who was a better EU character, Dash Rendar or Kyle Katarn?

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue May 19, 2015 5:17 am

...I'll not lie. That's the hardest SW question I've had in years.

I mean, Dash holds his own against both the Empire's elites and IG-88. He shoots the sh*t out of wampas--------I mean, clearly he's doing this all for fun. He's a mercenary, man. He's badass as d*cks, bro.

But Kyle Katarn...he goes in against krayt dragons with his bare hands and wins, and also takes down Boba Fett. Pre-prequel awesome Boba Fett, dude. And that's just in regular old 'Dark Forces', before Kyle Katarn becomes a Jedi Knight for no reason.

What specifically do we mean by 'better character'? If we're talking purely more powerful, pretty sure Kyle Katarn wins by a landslide. If we're just talking character...you know, given my own exposure (limited to the first 'Dark Forces' and SOTE)...I'll go ahead and give it to Katarn, anyway. He gets lots ot cutscenes, man. I like Dash, but he kind of just appeared out of nowhere and didn't do a whole lot.

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Tue May 19, 2015 5:23 am

^ In the video game, Dash beats Boba Fett and Slave 1 on foot. Food for thought.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Tue May 19, 2015 6:57 am

I just love nerd talk. Like, I'm lost on this level of depth on this particular subject but it's just warm and familiar and I like it.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Tue May 19, 2015 8:51 am

[QUOTE="Valigarmander, post: 1534392, member: 30663"]Important question: who was a better EU character, Dash Rendar or Kyle Katarn?[/QUOTE]

Sh*t.

I don't know.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue May 19, 2015 9:26 am

[QUOTE="Valigarmander, post: 1534396, member: 30663"]^ In the video game, Dash beats Boba Fett and Slave 1 on foot. Food for thought.[/QUOTE]

...I never beat SoTE, and evidently I barely remember it. (*falls down on knees, amidst cries of outrage and consternation*)

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Tue May 19, 2015 1:58 pm

I also remember reading somewhere that after the events of SotE Dash hooks up with Xizor's sexy, anatomically-correct gynoid Guri. So yeah, more food for thought.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Tue May 19, 2015 8:33 pm

^Lucky bastard.

Guri's food for thought, all right.

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Tue May 19, 2015 9:39 pm

Aw, Shadows of the Empire was great. The graphics are so awkward now but it's still a fun game. The way Dash runs is so goofy
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Wed May 20, 2015 10:12 am

Hell yeah it was, homey. Best Battle of Hoth level in a video game that I can think of. Man. Good storytelling across the board, too. I really liked the comic. Probably one of my favourite SW comics ever-------right up there with 'Dark Lords of the Sith' (Exar Kun is an awesome villain protagonist. He kills a ghost. Some ancient Sith Force ghost guy gets a little too lippy for his own good, and Exar Kun kills him with Sith hate-powered murder-beam. It's great). Also 'Dark Empire'. I love SotE. Last decent SW thing before the prequels came out and turned everything into crap.

(EDIT: You know, that's not entirely fair. Like, the prequel saga itself, it's entirely indefensible, but, like...it gave us some really good video games. The N64 pod-racing thing, the 'Starfighter' games, 'Jedi Power Battles'...and there was that cool Genndy Tartakovsky 'Clone Wars' show, the goofy CGI 'Clone Wars' movie, and then them fantastic Karen Traviss 'Republic Commando' books, which managed the neat trick of making a handful of goldang clone troopers more interesting than any of the canon characters in the stupid-ass prequel movies. I guess I give the prequel saga credit for that. It was the gross pile of bullsh*t that gave rise to all these beautiful flowers, giving them a chance to bloom and grow, bloom and grow forever. (Boo continues to be champion at metaphors.)

And let's not forget, SotE gave us Guri. Guri is hot. Man. Wouldn't mind firing some protein torpedoes at her small thermal exhaust port. (Ahahahahaa. God-tier SW-related innuendo? God-tier SW-related innuendo. Well done, Boo. You did it. Self high-five. (*slaps self in face*)

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Wed May 20, 2015 2:34 pm

^ At those speeds, are you sure you'll be able to pull out in time?

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Wed May 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Is anyone else a little irked at how all the Star Wars EU novels now have been reprinted with an obnoxious logo across the top with the word "Legends"? I get that the EU is no longer canon but I feel like the "Legends" labeling is stupid. On a much lesser, more personal sidenote, I just hate having to hunt down books that don't have some stupid new label so my series is nice and uniform in book covers. I never got to buy the rest of the Thrawn or Jedi Academy trilogy; I had bought the first one in each series and then grew out of Star Wars EU books for a while, but now I want to revisit them. But now I'm going to be annoyed that one book has the normal cover while the others would have the stupid "Legends" logo running around the top. It's silly and inane but I'm the guy who always adjusts a picture frame when it's crooked even the slighest. Just---just----URGH.

They did this with Game of Thrones. The new covers are ugly as sin, while the older ones were pretty and minimalist. Now you can hardly find a Game of Thrones book without a header that refers to the HBO series.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Valigarmander
Supermod

Post by Valigarmander » Wed May 20, 2015 3:30 pm

You could always find and buy an earlier edition.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Thu May 21, 2015 10:35 am

^Seriously. ^^Do they not have Half-Price Bookses or some such analog out where you lives?

ScottyMcGee

Post by ScottyMcGee » Thu May 21, 2015 10:55 am

No. Never heard of that store. Barnes and Nobles is the single dominant franchise of bookstores around here. Other than that, there are random independent bookstores with used/rare books - and that's like only a handful. In one of them, I did end up finding the rest of the Game of Thrones books in nice condition in those minimalist book covers and I got all of them for like a mere $5. It was awesome. These stores I've been to though virtually have nothing Star Wars related.

I guess I could order them online. I'm so fond of booktsores I often forget you can . . .you know. . . do that.

Although I hope this isn't some BS. When I just searched on Amazon, a crap load of books also have the Legends logo there. Not all of them, thankfully. The icon for this particular one clearly shows it doesn't have the Legends logo but if it arrives on my door and it has the Legends logo on it I will cut up some younglings.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

Return to “Polls Forum”